Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Does RCCommand back their sales with a warranty?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Does RCCommand back their sales with a warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:18 PM
realtankvet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does RCCommand back their sales with a warranty?

I recently bought a Heng Long Snow Panther from RCCommand. Nice tank, but the smoke generator immediately conked out ( I had added the amount of fluid recommended in the manual). I e-mailed Bill weeks ago to ask what the warranty options are, but have received absolutely no response. Does anyone know if I can get a response from Heng Long?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
BiggTony

Default RE: Does RCCommand back their sales with a warranty?

Try contacting him again or even here. He's an active member and I'm sure he'll work with you. I'm not sure what kind of spam filter he's got set on his email account, but he'll respond to either methods, even more so if you send it here.

(I know somewould disagree with this, but I've never had any issues with him responding to me if I use eitheror bothmethods)

Hope that helps!
Tony
Old 04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill is really good with things like this but the HL smoker is notoriously JUNK in no uncertain terms. They just dont last and thats a fact and theres atleast 50 posts on this forum that proves it.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Yes and some times they don't work new out of the box .

Jimmy
Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
realtankvet

Well, it seems that good customer service would have at least pointed this out to me, and perhaps suggested alternatives.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:40 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

THe Heng Long Smoker should not even be considered part of the tank. I wouldn't waste my time even trying to get a replacement, it will just fail as well.

Mentally just get used to knowing that the smoker was a bad joke that Heng Long threw in for nothing.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
RCCOMMAND

ORIGINAL: realtankvet

Well, it seems that good customer service would have at least pointed this out to me, and perhaps suggested alternatives.
Hello, please contact me via email at [email protected] with your name (or name order was placed under, if different) and I'll be happy to send you a replacement unit.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
BiggTony

Oh no, here we go.

Well, for that matter he may have just told you not to buy the tank at all. They're cheap toys made in china that often times are defective out of the box or just don't last long.

The airsoft unit too often times jams or malfunctions altogether. Sometimes the Rx18 or whatever control board malfunctions right out of the box, sometimes the receiver doesn't respond, sometimes the stock battery may only last 5 minutes where someone else may get a full 20 minutes, sometimes the pins in the tracks work themselves out, sometimes etc........

These are all likely scenarios that you may be faced with. But this is a hobby where half the joy is in repairing or modifying. If you want top of the line...get a tamiya...but even then, your not totally immune to defects.

Good luck and I hope you find the ease and joy your looking for!

Tony
Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
cheap tank

They are cheap. The smoker is junk the gun works sometimes and the speaker is trash that is henglong tanks but for a little money you can build a good runner. I would not have all the tanks i have today if not for the cheap ones and you get to spend all the time fixing them up.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have no issue with any other part of the Heng long Tank, but the smokers are as useless as teats on a Chicken. I harvest some wire off of them and throw them in the garbage. I think I kept 6 for some reason, but all they do is take up space in my Junk drawer. I guess one day I think I will modify them to be something they are not.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
realtankvet

I have no issue with Heng Long Tanks or their quality. (I have 3). They give good value for their price. But the smoke unit did look good while it worked, and I just wanted to give another one a chance.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:03 PM
BiggTony

You should check out strmnd54 (Norman's)  smoke units. He's got some threads poking about with improvement that you could do with the smoke units. The nichrome coil isn't the best out of the factory and from what I've read, using ohm resistors have proven to be of greater longevity. Maybe even contact him. He's pretty helpful! I haven't tried this mod yet, although I eventually will. My first experience with it was a messy one and just avoided it thereafter.

Hope it all works out for you. Bill will get you straightened out.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:30 AM
taoJ

PM strmnd54, he sent me resistors and all, ran my smoker for 2 hours, no problem, the wick did get kinda crispy, ran it for 5 hours or so and my solder joint failed, ran it for 8 hrs and only had my solder joint fail and the wicks get crispy, but she's still going strong !!!
I think rccommand should just resistors instead, far better results !!!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your beating a dead horse. Bill will get you another and another and another. But like big sky said, he may as well have told you dont buy the thing in the first place. These dealers are NOT responsible for any warranties on these tanks. HL themselves offer no warranty. you can't expect Bill or Phill or any one else to in reallity except if the thing just doesn't work straight out of the box. And some of them dont. Bill and Phil atleast test run all the tanks before the ship them, but they cant do 100 hour endurance tests.