Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 10:40 PM
removeb4flt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Big tony you bring up a very good and valid point in "red". lets not forget that the creator of this thread already admitted that he is a helping a foreigner build and market their own paintball system. what creepingdeath has done is quite possibly one of the biggest products of the year. case in point, I have 3 grandchildren ages 12, 14 ,15. they love our tanks and its the first thing they want me to grab off the shelf when they come over. when they seen the video their jaws dropped,along with their dads jaw also. I'm sure they were not alone when other people seen the video. the point I am trying to make is that all of a sudden the curtain lifts and a new facet to our hobby emerges. so now the only thing left to do is to attack cd and buy time to get a foot in the door of a new market.
I have the old PIII creepingdeath tank. the tank is incredible. just judging by the video footage and the soda can hits the new system is in a completely different universe. the new gun has the tracer feature also as I read. you think paintballs are cool you have to see the tracer feature. with the old system at night I can track glowing bbs 40+ yards. and thats at an advertised 170 feet per second. so to recap the new system has recoil, tracers, paintballs, high velocity capabilities and as Shenloco and torpedochief stated a way to control velocities. I can begin to see why the one individual is upset thats alot of catching up to do.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm,
I guess I can only add my same broken record question.

When is it available and how much? .............never to be answered.

Perry
Old 06-07-2010, 11:29 PM
BiggTony

I'm with Perry, hurry up and put some up for sale already so someone can write up a review!! Hell, send one out to one of these guys so they can write up anunbiasedreview!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Saxondog

The video is inresponseto Creeping Death making promises after delivering a DOA. I did not dispute the purchase with Pay Pal based onShelbyrepeated promises about this new system,I asked him more than once to just fix my gun which was sent back twice,then he advised me to purchase a VS Gun but use his seal,and included a video for placement of the seal.I was wanting to display the tank locally to hopefully generate interest and salesopportunitiesfor me to sell H/l tanks locally.Well as Shelby knows,he knows alot has been told to me for 14months,never not one thing this guy has promised has been true.then when I post his own e-mails people attack me?

I invited others to look at all the things this man has said, So after all this time I finally decide to tell the facts,the video is nothing,it's the claims he has made about the gun. I have a stock turret just for Shelby,my cost.I wanted this gun as do others.For over a year this guy has been delaying,and setting dates and new problems ok fine so does that just mean screw me? Yes that is exactly what is going on here. What should I DO? Please tell me? The guy has my money,I have asked for a refund,instead he says over a year ago I will make it right,you will receive the first new gun,right from the factory.And every month and update about legal issues,labor cost,mold problems just always some new problem, Well I have files for e-mails and started reading them over and the same issues orproblemswere being repeated.

Then he had said on the gun fired 2500rounds and developed a problem,I said fine send it to me if it fires that many times I'm good. Look their has been alot said,but why does he get a pass? People jumped Bill hard,and yes I defended Bill.He is a personal friend and we have other joint interest,I could not tell people what happened to Bill,and he could not tell the problems to members,he just took a beating and kept trying to work through a hard time. Nobody waited a year for anything from Bill? So from my point of view why does Shelby get a pass? One other thing concerning Bill,he Shelby and me were on a three way call attempting to repair the gun,the problem turned out to be stripped gears and the quickest fix was me paying 40.00 to have areplacementshipped to me.and I paid to just get a working gun.

Shelby knows this,I worked and spent double the purchase price because I needed this gun to work,I had to show locally what was possible with these tanks. Well that did not happen,he never kept his word and somehow I'm picking on this poor soul, perhaps I should have handled thisdifferently.Now so guy I don't know claims to be getting my gun,and has seen secrete video of the gun working, I got screwed,it might happen to others. I'm done,buy his gun,think what you want buteverything I have said is the truth. I tried to present the facts stated by Shelby and I was attacked,pointed out the video and this was done after it was claimed by a member that at 55sec.on hisiPodhe could clearly see paintball leave the barrel and hit the tank, Fine great wonderful every body needs a good gun.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:26 AM
BiggTony

Saxon, my post was not intended to attack you and I apologize if it has come off that way nor was this an attack towards Bill, as I am a customer of his and have not experienced problems that were of the quoted statements, in fact Bills been pretty good to me, so that wasn't the point.
I supposethismakes it all........weird. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm simply saying your intent is to try and destroy the man. Somewhere between 5/16/2010 - 5/20/2010 something went afoul, almost out of the blue. While I understand your pain as a customer who feels he has been wronged. Is there not apossibilitythat his reasons were true and inevitably just became excuses to you? Having to endure unresolved matters over a year is a lot for anyone to bare and I personally am not that patient.
But I have to ask.....what would be the logical reason for CD to lead the public on? Do you think there's more people in the same position as yourself that CD feels obligated to fabricate afraudulentproduct to stop the complaints? I haven't seen one person step up to share the same frustration.
Is it a ploy to promote interest before releasing the product? Maybe, but considering how CD only posted work in progress videos a month or so before the final product....I just don't think he's ready for mass release.
Seriously, if you strongly feel you've been lead on and wronged, you should really seek legal advice. You have all the proof you need by your emails and time wasted and endured, so even if it's money out of pocket in the beginning, chances are you'll get it back if ruled in your favor.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Perry S.

Here's a short thread on the gas powered paintball gun I made for my PIV. Just a little something to tie us over until someone comes out with one we can buy.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82..._1/key_/tm.htm

Perry
Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 AM
BiggTony

Sweet that actually has a parts list! Whoot!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Saxondog

Big Tony,I am not offended by anything that has been said by anyone except Shelby. I just don;t like being a good guy in a bad situation,trusting someone and finding out they have been lying. Simple as That. And yes me and the a friend from the forum are building a gun,a gun based on the design by Perry. And some have implied I am trying to discredit C/D.NO just open your eyes and ears to what he has said,then look at what he produced. Why is it wrong to question this guy's work?

Any one that has tried to ask questions has been bullied into silence? Why? If this is honest work,true in design as to what has been claimed then why not answer question? If their is nothing to hide,then answer not my questions but others.

I am fortunate to have many friends in several countries,and many here in the USA. The remark about aforeigneris stupid,unlessyou have a made in USA brand tank? As Shelby has stated many times he is using parts built in Japan,that's not discussed either,just this gun made in the USA, In the first post by Shelby he speaks of a parts delay,and the supplier being in Japan,I offered to help him find the part from Clippard,but he says NO they do not make what I need. Ok so instead of purchasing from a company in the USA he buy's from Japan. Nothing said about that either.

Yes I am not working in a collective,instead 4 guy's working together on a hobby they all have in common building a pneumatic gun system,and doing it in such a way that anyone can buy the parts and build it at home. That is the situation. When you can't depend on someone,the your left with depending on yourself.

Best Regards to everyone seeking a made in the USA gun system,hope it works out for everyone.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:42 PM
BiggTony

Okay, point taken. It is your right to question. 

I hope your project takes off as well and hopefully it incorporates a recoil too! 
That's what I like about CD's gun, it's not only airsoft with recoil, but ......(and I may be wrong) it looks like I could use the gun system as an IR with recoil too if I chose to add tid bits of modifications. 

Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Saxondog

That was the gun system I was building when I purchased the gun from C/D.The I/R components came from Bill as did the modified RX-18 with fan and joy stick mod.Also why we three had the conference call. So I never was able to build due to the wait for the system that never came. And yes the system we are building has recoil and I would be happy to show you how to build the recoil,but The Tamiya barrel will have to be line bored and ataperedseat for the inner pneumatic gun barrel to self align with the Tamiya barrel,this happens at recoil and requires some other parts. The system uses parts available on line by vendors most arefamiliarwith. The whole point of us building this gun is not to take anything from C/D but to bring a design to the community that any tanker could build at home,now it will work with the Heng Long barrel,I built my Barrel for my Tiger and it is 30mm longer than stock. If someone wanted to duplicate the design of my Barrel that's fine. That is the real threat,giving away something that really works,instead of trying to sell it, but until Someone has a C/D gun and does a write-up we have agreed to keep the drawings,parts list and instructions private. I want it clearly understood that nothing in this design is in any way developed from anything C/D has ever done,recoil function has been posted on several forums and several designs.It's not that new just expensive and takes some skill,few were built because the I/R SYSTEM WORKS FOR BATTLING in an organized event,the UK guy's have to manyrestrictionsand must carryinsuranceeven at the I/R meets due to the publicattendance,and the club battle ground are connected tomuseums.Their is a group of 1/6 scale guy's who battle with painball guns,called markers. I also have a 1/6 scale Tiger,and most of these guys do have recoil.Here is the site for this group, Sax http://groups.google.com/group/rctankcombat
Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM
BiggTony

Okay, so you guys are building a gun system that "most" of us could build at home "Free?".......but won't release the plans to accomplish this until CD has released their product to prevent CD from incorporating it into their gun in fear of them profiteering on it.
Alright, it's coming together now. This is why yourdie hardon having them prove that this is an actual working product and a final one at that.
So not only do we have to wait for CD to put out their gun, you guys may possibly have a competing product with free plans to build it....but we still have to wait on both?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Ouch[sm=52_52.gif]
Old 06-09-2010, 09:22 AM
CreepingdeathRC

we hold the international legal patents for not only all our systems but the process and function of how it works. our inlet valves come from Tokyo Marui in Japan. there is no stateside manufacturer for these valves. our barrels come from Vs tank. We use AmericanCylinder and clippard parts. Our guns are manufactured directly in the USA on site. yes this is an American gun. within the next 12 hours the turret send in program will be available on the website.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 AM
BiggTony

CD, is this only a turret turn in option? Will you be offering a DIY drop in gun in the future?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Saxondog

Tony,you are partially correct about why we are holding back. But their is one person who is not building a gun that has the drawing I created of our system.This way the design is known prior to us posting a video,and C/D is now ready to build guns,so the wait should not be long.As far as patents or legal what ever don't care.Every thing we have done started with Perry,and his design posted several years back.

Every thing on the drawing comes from Clippard, Tamiya or the hobby shop. All we have done is create a gun that fires 6mm instead of .177BB's.and has a recoil,elevation and rotation system also designed by us from existing mods that are found in forum post. All we did was put several modification together,anyone can build this gun.But it is rather expensive,and we have spent alot of time waiting on parts to ship.

If a forum member takes the parts list and orders the parts it should take 14days to build,maybe a few days either way. The last Clippard order came in 7days where the first order took two weeks. All these developments are good for the Hobby.

Best Regards Blake
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM
CreepingdeathRC

there is some of machining to the mantle and the gun itself mounts a little differently than a stock hl unit. this requires a couple add in components but as of now its just turret/tank configs.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Perry S.

ORIGINAL: CreepingdeathRC

we hold the international legal patents for not only all our systems but the process and function of how it works. our inlet valves come from Tokyo Marui in Japan. there is no stateside manufacturer for these valves. our barrels come from Vs tank. We use AmericanCylinder and clippard parts. Our guns are manufactured directly in the USA on site. yes this is an American gun. within the next 12 hours the turret send in program will be available on the website.
Hello,
Couple questions. Are you saying that you are selling units in 12 hours?????? How much, when is delivery??????
Are we to buy them on faith or do you have pic's/etc that show us what we are getting?
Also, what are your patent numbers. Not that I'm looking to dispute, I've searched long and hard for any CD patents and found none.

Thanks,
Perry

disclaimer: Inventor of the open source gas powered gun for tanks.........now just too lazy to build them and looking to buy
Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 AM
CreepingdeathRC

yes we are renconfiging the website for the new product.( turret send in until we can get a full supply of turrets.)

price for the send in program will be available on the website.(rcu rules)

delivery will be 10 business days from date turret is recieved.

pics will be up and a full description of the new turrets features will be on the website

for our patent numbers at the advice of our lawyer we kept it in the strictist of confidential matters.

"The USPTO and in conjunction with the WIPO maintain in the strictest confidence with a patent at the discretion of the applicant prior to and after a patent is published.this term is 18 months to 5 years, not to exceed 7 years. After the application has been published and or released to public, at the concensous of the holder, a member of the public may request a copy of the application file. After the patent is issued, and with full permission of the patent holder, the Office file containing the application and all correspondence leading up to issuance of the patent is made available in the Files Information Unit for inspection by anyone, and copies of these files may be purchased from the Office."
how this was explained to us was its better to not release to the general public any info until we absolutely must. the longer we can hold out on our designs and processes the less chance there is of infringement. so if a manufacture would file and pay the fee for a full patent search they would only recieve info that the patent was already taken and not recieve details of how it was done. this prevents large coorporations from stealing ideas. I'm glad we went this route too.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 AM
BiggTony

So it's "patent pending."
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 AM
CreepingdeathRC

the processes are secured. we had to fight for the valve mech pretty hard last year. the red tape takes forever to get through. but virtually everything in the new system is patent pending. the legal process is extremely slow.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
BiggTony

Tell me about it! I've been waiting on the patent process for one of my inventions, for over 2 years now. Guess if I had big corporation money, i'd have had it 2 years and a day ago. lol 

Makes sense to me why your reserving as much info as possible. Look forward to seeing good things from this gun.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM
CreepingdeathRC

not only is the legal wait brutal, but man the legal fees are nuts. just to go to court and have something postponed for a week is a downpayment on a car. that was the some of the hardest times we have ever faced. not only did the economy "tank", but with all the legal fees we were running on vapors.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:08 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

You guy's are crazy who cares about any of this mumbo jumbo i am just HAPPY that somebody (creeping Death ) actually stepped up and is helping us airsoft tank guy's by even trying to produce a high power gun for our tanks!! Creeping Death I solute you!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
BiggTony

lol! Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the gun and can't wait to view some reviews on it. In the mean time, I'm going to work on some clear plexiglass shürzens for my tanks. Yes, even the Kv and Tiger will sport shields to prevent ruining paint and detail jobs, lol.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 AM
CreepingdeathRC

thanks Shen!! this gun is the real deal and I really hope you guys will have as much fun with it as we do. when all the bickering is done and the smoke clears the main point is to just have fun. paintballs are fun!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.