Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 AM
CreepingdeathRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Big tony thats a cool idea.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 AM
BiggTony

Thanks, I don't think everyone would want to rock it cause it wouldn't be historically accurate....but then again, historic enthusiest aren't likely to want to BB battle anyways. Me, I'll swing both ways, lol. I think it would actually serve up as a good guide line too. Markers on the shields that labeldevastatingblows andweak shots, like target zones.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:05 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck I say go all out use the aluminum airsoft BB's!!!
Just kidding but just think the damage it would cause!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:10 PM
BiggTony

With plexiglass shield....no damage at all! lol, just won't know where you hit!
I could see that happening on a grand scale tournament. Like a tank roller derby, lol. High powered guns and metal BB's trying to take each others electronics out that's placed in accurate weak spots of the tank. Cost of entry, one cheap HL tank and the prize pool is every ones knocked out tank on the field, minus the gas guns....that's a whole lot of spare parts! lol

I don't care where the event would take place, I'd drive out anywhere to attend that.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Perry S.

Thanks for the explanation on your patent strategy. I have 11 patents to my name so I know the issues involved. Luckily, I am one of those guys that have corp lawyers to hide behind and I never really see a bill for them. Then again, I don't have the freedoms of owning my own business. Once you apply for your patent it is indexed and pending applications are searchable and available through the USPTO website at any time so you may want to check that out. I have 3 pending right now and a simple search on my name brang up the application 5 days after filed. Just FYI

We'll I guess I'll look for the website updates. Understand about the RCU rules so that's cool. Where does a guy go about finding a complete turret to send you? All mine are pretty modified as of right now.

Thanks,
Perry
Old 06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
CreepingdeathRC

lol we all would have to take out second and third mortgages to afford corp lawyers fees. does your company retain the rights if you ever left? I'm not sure how it works with corp lawyers but I remember this being brought up by our lawyer once. removeb4flt is a good guy to talk to about this. he worked for coca cola and is really keen on legal intos and outs. he helped us out immeasurably with the legal side of the new system. it was like having a legal second opinion on everything we did. (thanks Charles for the help). we paid for an "?information retention procedural clause?" or something to that effect, which allows the records to be kept confidential.as I understand it, thats a cute way for the lawers to make money. they would pay a fee just to find the patent but it would not give them any details of operation on it. I think if I remember it was something like $500.00-$1000.00 just to file the search. then once they did that it would show only the holder of the patent. lol no calls from tyco so I guess we are in good shape. for a small business the whole legal side is very draining, and extremely confusing at times but its a necessity it in the big picture.
We go through matomart for turrets. sometimes they have them in stock but if not they ship directly from China. price is between $24.99 and $25.01 as i recall and thats a rough estimate.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Perry S.

Yes CD you are correct. Anything I 'invent' at work is work product and wholly owned by the company. The patent is issued to them and I am listed as an inventor or coinventor on it. If I stay they still own it, If I leave they still own it. I came up with a new way to change wind turbine blades for General Electric. Saves them over 12 million per year. Patented that and all I got was a plaque and small bonus. I'm sure the lawyer that filed it got a new boat or something. At the corporate level the inventor is just a small cog in the machine.

Perry
Old 06-09-2010, 04:43 PM
CreepingdeathRC

shoot, the lawyers get their money no matter what. somewhere 3 floors above you some jerk is getting a bigger office, an "atta boy" pat on the back, and keys to the bosses private bar.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 PM
dash69

Ho,Ho,Ho
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 PM
BiggTony

9:22AM
within the next 12 hours the turret send in program will be available on the website
http://www.criticallayouts.com/Generators/cd-halloween/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.criticallayouts.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown&flashLABEL=CriticalLayouts&skin=http://www.criticallayouts.com/Generators/cd-halloween/skins/33.jpg&text=CREEPINGDEATHRC'S%0DAIRSOFT%20GUN&unti lColor=16777215&textColor=16711680&datesColor=0&ye ar=2010&month=5&day=9&hour=21&minute=22&second=0&x =6&y=77
Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 AM
CreepingdeathRC

damnit missed the 12 hour mark!! but here we go...the product will show out of stock as the system cycles inventory. this is a 2-3 hour cycle.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Perry S.

Any more pic's or info coming? How many shots per GG charge? Is there an ability to sight in the laser? Can you show some clear pic's of what has to be done to the hull to accommodate the tanks.
Thanks,
Perry
Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
CreepingdeathRC

install is pretty easy. the 2 manifolds have through holes on all facets and can bolt to anywhere in the lower hull. the easiest method is right to the battery box(drilling required) the gun has one airline that plugs into the manifold port. and the fill inlet requires a hole to be drilled for fitting to top of hull. the fill inlet can be mounted anywhere on the tank as long as there is space to get a propane tank or greengas can nipple to it. the turret ring requires a quick clip of the plastic bar to widen the hole and fit a side line.
a standard fill is 9-10 seconds(straight up propane) and gets about 25-28 high powered shots at 70 degrees. this is dependant on rate of fire and ambient temps. shooting slower than one shot every 2-3 seconds will yeild about 35 shots.
the gun itself is wired to the original hl gun leads and is not polarity sensitive. the elevation wiring and mg wiring is the same. the tracer system wires splice into the headlight wires. we try to bore site the laser as best we can at 25 feet. if there was just more room a gimble mounting system would have been nice.
we want to post a video on how to intstall the system in the near future.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 PM
CreepingdeathRC

refill shots are 6 seconds and produce the same performance.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM
pattonrocked45

wohooo!!party time!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Ern

Just totally awesome!! BigTony ~ I'm going to work on some clear plexiglass shĂĽrzens for my tanks. Yes, even the Kv and Tiger will sport shields to prevent ruining paint and detail jobs, lol. GREAT idea! I may have to give that a try too!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:36 PM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: Ern

Just totally awesome!! BigTony ~ I'm going to work on some clear plexiglass shürzens for my tanks. Yes, even the Kv and Tiger will sport shields to prevent ruining paint and detail jobs, lol. GREAT idea! I may have to give that a try too!
LOL! Glad you like the idea. Let us see how your's turns out if you take on the project! I have to finish a tank before I jump onto another project. But when I do,....what I'm picturing is a completely removable shield, kind of a snap on/snap off type deal so the tank can go back to normal with out the pains of disassembling or making permanent mods.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Ern

Yep, that's what will be needed. Home depot has sheets of clear Lexan that are pretty inexpensive from what I remember, and should be able to withstand the impacts pretty well. Now to figure out a removable mounting system. LMAO... don't we all have a tank project that I need to finish" !!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 PM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: Ern

Yep, that's what will be needed. Home depot has sheets of clear Lexan that are pretty inexpensive from what I remember, and should be able to withstand the impacts pretty well. Now to figure out a removable mounting system. LMAO... don't we all have a tank project that I need to finish" !!
LOL! But I'm willing to bet you have at least one tank done!

When ever I scrounge up enough money, it would be best to see just how hard the gun unit hits. Basically if large earth magnets on the inside of the hull and attached to the arms of the shield can sustain a 360+ FPS impact. Then again, I have some airsoft guns and could try it with those! If earth magnets are out of the questions, then it's a matter of contorting customized clips that snap onto a specific molding on the turret and hull. At least, this all sounds good! lol

Another cool thing I thought of is,....for instance, a PIII ausf. L,M,N or Panther G with armor plating could have the option of adding strength to taking hits, where as a KV or Tiger...nothing is added. If a PIII ausf.L,M,N withshürzen the shield should be tint color coded, all other tanks would be clear.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:33 PM
pattonrocked45

the cd tuurets have different velocities based on types of tanks. it has to do with turret space. for example a panzer 3 has slightly less velocity than a tiger. but a tiger has more velocity than a sherman. so that should make for some excellent combat scenerios.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:42 PM
BiggTony

Why is that so? I'm no airsoft guru, but assuming the advertised FPS on my shotgun and pistol are close to accurate (350-370fps)....what's done to CD's gun to alter their strength? Barrel length matters?
Old 06-13-2010, 04:03 PM
pattonrocked45

to paraphrase oddball I only ride 'em & shoot'em, I don't know what makes 'em work. probabbly valve sizes or something. I dont think gas guns barrels matter too much either.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Perry S.

Coming up on a week now that these have been on sale. Anyone order one? Have the evaluation units been received yet?
Pattonrocked45 I think it was you that said that you were getting someone elses gun which was to be the first one out the door. Did you get it?

Perry
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waiting on my test gun CD says the turrets will be getting to them this week or so and they have to instal components so after that it should be shipped out.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
pattonrocked45

turrets are coming from china then they put in the parts. i cant find splatomatics website i think thats the company name?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.