Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Saxondog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

0:17sec first view of recoil,no projectile, no hits onbackgroundtank?

0:24sec. screen splat?

0:27sec. First clear view of white tank first hit,no other tankvisible?

0:31sec.Second hit white tank,no other tank visible?

0:37sec First hit again,repeated frame?

0:41-0:43 sec.propane tank appears to fuel tank,then a poof of propane and stop frame no valve on tank deck? (0:42sec clearly no valve on tank)

0:46 sec.second hit frame again?

0:49 sec.recoil no projectile?

0:55 sec.something hits tank not paintball,no color after hit?

0:57 sec.thrid paintball hit

1:00 minute mark something hits tank,not paintball

1:07 minute seven sec. something hits tank not paintball no color

conclusion,determine for yourselves. No need to splice anaccuratevideo?

Old 06-04-2010, 08:51 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: How to splice a video,also known as open your eyes

IS this a creeping death thing again???
Old 06-04-2010, 09:24 PM
BiggTony

If you think somethings fishy with that video......
Check this out!!!
at 00:00:45, watch....no recoil, no projectile, yet a big explosion?
YEAH RIGHT!! No way no how are stock HL's capable of this! Everyone knows only a Tamiya can!!
Just kidding Sax and I'm joking about the HL, Tamiya thingy too.....must be a full moon out or something in the water lately.
There was a point I was trying to make though. See the similarity in the videos? It's advertising.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:24 PM
pattonrocked45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by the way saxondog I'm getting the turret you were getting so I guess we'll see how fake it is. I know what is going on here too. "deitrich paintball system" sound familar? cant wait to see it. i got footage that you havent seen hahahahaha!!!

cheers buddy
Old 06-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Saxondog

I agree Big Tony,advertising is a creative form of expression. And as you have so well put it,that don't make it real.But the same thing is happening here.I raise several questions and no one wants to talk about the gun, some just prefer to believe what their eyes tell them is not their. I've been promised a gun by creeping death many times,never happened.

So this patton fellow says he is getting my gun? But my gun is here,on the mantel. From a design Perry created several years ago.A system that does not rely on spliced video,wild claims orarrogance. It seems that any one that holds adifferentpoint of view about this gunare some how wrong for asking the simple question of why fake a video if the gun works so well? And I am the third person to question what was on the video,not the first.

And since I started this thread and did not name anyone the intention was for a honest review of the video in question,similarto a Sherman build thread that wasequallycriticizedby some here,as were anyone that did not see it their way.

So enjoy your new guns,I will be happy to have a paintball battle to settle this debate which seems to me like the right way to resolve the difference of opinion,may the best gun win. Two Tamiya KT's one complete one under construction,Tiger S13 complete and do notice the barrel,Jagdpanther under construction awaiting new gun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29442.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	1448054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82608.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	1448055   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27496.jpg
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	1448056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb80449.jpg
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	1448057  
Old 06-05-2010, 12:18 AM
pattonrocked45

yippie!!! dont be bitter, just dont criticize a video until you can do better. I thought the video is entertaining but to run it like the zapruder footage is a little out there. why dont you relax and let people like shenloco do a review. I have been around here for 4 years and never once seen a frame by frame posting of a video. dont you think this looks a little silly to others?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:19 AM
pattonrocked45

almost 4 years lol
Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Saxondog

i can see a red paintball streaking out of the barrel at about 55 seconds in thevideo. I'm using an ipad (if you can get one they are awesome). it hits the sunlight about 5 feet past the barrel. i can see the trajectory and path almost all the way to the Pershing. lol thats the scene I was watching in slo-mo. i can make out glints of it tracking all the way to the impact. "want to watch paintballs impact? theres an app for that."[img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s2.gif[/img]

Read more:http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...#ixzz0pxBzcuTb
Old 06-05-2010, 02:35 AM
pattonrocked45

and at 49.999 in the video you can clearly see a figure hiding behind the grassy knoll..with a paintball gun. hahahahahahaha get a better monitor man.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54479.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	1448123  
Old 06-05-2010, 04:03 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Saxondog

I agree Big Tony,advertising is a creative form of expression. And as you have so well put it,that don't make it real.But the same thing is happening here.I raise several questions and no one wants to talk about the gun, some just prefer to believe what their eyes tell them is not their. I've been promised a gun by creeping death many times,never happened.

So this patton fellow says he is getting my gun? But my gun is here,on the mantel. From a design Perry created several years ago.A system that does not rely on spliced video,wild claims or arrogance. It seems that any one that holds a different point of view about this gun are some how wrong for asking the simple question of why fake a video if the gun works so well? And I am the third person to question what was on the video,not the first.

And since I started this thread and did not name anyone the intention was for a honest review of the video in question, similar to a Sherman build thread that was equally criticized by some here,as were anyone that did not see it their way.

So enjoy your new guns,I will be happy to have a paintball battle to settle this debate which seems to me like the right way to resolve the difference of opinion,may the best gun win. Two Tamiya KT's one complete one under construction,Tiger S13 complete and do notice the barrel,Jagdpanther under construction awaiting new gun.

As Perry has mentioned several times. Enough of the talk and the video, make the gun available already. IF it works as claimed it will be well received. If it doesn't it won't. I for one am not going to bet the farm on a video. I am going to wait to see this hit the market, and wait for unbais reviews from people that buy them. I will them make up my mind whether I want one or not.

Have you sent them money and never received anything yet?? Is that what the problem is? Or is is just you think they are overstating their product???? I am a little unclear as to what your beef is with respect to Creeping Death. You seem to be on a mission, but I am unclear on what that mission is????? There is obviously something going on between you and Creeping Death, would you care to fill us in on the details. I got your PM, but I am still not sure I understand what the issue is. I am also a little unclear as to what the Sherman thread has to do with any of this??????? As far as a point of view on this gun goes, do you have one of these guns?????? If you do I must have missed your review thread of the gun. If you don't have a gun yet, then what exactly are you critizing???????

Sorry, but I just don't quite understand what it is you are getting at.

My opinion on the Creeping Death video is that it is a promo video, plan and simple. They are trying to sell something. When Perry or someone else have this gun in their hands and do a review then I will be interested. Until then this is all just vaporware in my eyes. (Just like the Heng Long Sherman) I have to see it, get my hands on it, before I can have a valid opinion on it.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:52 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

When i get mine i will be testing it for FPS maybe even juels of power it has or rate of fire times i will try different weight BB's and do a target test with the gun aimed at a target and see how consistnt or how close it shoots to a certain mark.
I will be using different types of bbs and for target only the best grade .20bb's will be used maybe even .23's
I will give my honest opinion on the gun.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM
milsurp53

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

When i get mine i will be testing it for FPS maybe even juels of power it has or rate of fire times i will try different weight BB's and do a target test with the gun aimed at a target and see how consistnt or how close it shoots to a certain mark.
I will be using different types of bbs and for target only the best grade .20bb's will be used maybe even .23's
I, for one, am looking forward to your test. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:59 PM
torpedochief

Just Curious,

What is "Green Gas?"

Thanks Friends!

Don
Old 06-05-2010, 08:02 PM
shenlonco

Hi it's a can of gas in a liquid with silicone lube mixed inside but comes out asa air born gas it's used to charge up airsoft gas guns for there power source... Propain is mostly used now to power the guns.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:02 PM
torpedochief

Thanks Shen,

I'd never heard of that before. It would worry me to use propane in a tank model. Little bit of gas in tha wrong place and a spark from the motors might cause a little excitement.

Do you think Air Brush Propel would work? That is what we use to blow the tanks dry on our Rc Subs.

Don
Old 06-06-2010, 08:29 AM
shenlonco

Hi that is what you can also use in airsoft guns they sell those house hold can dusters there are 2 types HFC144 gas and 152 gas wich is weaker.
They are a type of gas also never tried if the air that comes out will catch fire.
One thing those air duster do not breath the air from them in to much as it will harm your lungs and cause you to start constintly coughing shortness of breath. I used them to power in my air soft guns and shot alot and was wondering why i started having symptoms i spoke of above and i read up on it on line and found it's are very bad to breath in the air from those cans....don't know why they make them to blow stuff off if they mess you up of curse your going to be breathing the air in!!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can measure the speed of the bb and you know the mass of the bb then deriving Joules of energy is a simple calculation.

Energy (Joules) = 1/2 * mass * velocity ^2

Perry
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM
shenlonco

I have a chrono that does it but i don't think it's some spec most guy's need to know most guy's want the FPS so that's what i am targeting with different types of BB's paint balls, bios, and .12 most testing will be .20 other than the paint balls and maybe one .12 plastic standard bb.

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

If you can measure the speed of the bb and you know the mass of the bb then deriving Joules of energy is a simple calculation.

Energy (Joules) = 1/2 * mass * velocity ^2

Perry
Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 PM
theibault

ORIGINAL: pattonrocked45

and at 49.999 in the video you can clearly see a figure hiding behind the grassy knoll..with a paintball gun. hahahahahahaha get a better monitor man.

I've watched this video quit a bit now both on my HD 24" moitor and my iPad. I can't see a single shot where a paitball is visible coming from the tank. I realise it may be a promo video for a product that doesn't exist, but if it is, that's a little misleading. I would just like to see a video from about a foot behind the tank looking down barrel at the target with the tank firing. Is that too much to ask for?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM
BiggTony

I'm confused. So this may possibly be a promo video with no use of bb's....maybe, but ......just because you can't view the bb's on an Ipad or video editing program.....does that mean it's fake? Isn't the BB supposedly traveling at 360+ fps? Would this be caught in any video camera, especially the one used to shoot that video that seems to be of low quality.....then on top of that, it's uploaded to youtube which is going to compress the non bit-rich video, then on top of that it's streaming, so your going to lose quality no matter what.
Now I'm not defending it, nor do I really care about it till I see some actual customer reviews on it. But it just seems like reaching to me at this point.

Remember, we're trying to track ONE bb....that seems like a difficult feat, unlike tracking a stream of BB's by an airsoft machine gun which may grace you with random visibility by being caught in some of the video frames....
Track the bb's from this guys 360 FPS gun, he's plugging the mess out of this wood board and I can't see a single bb hit the board on my Sony Vegas 9 video editing program.

At this point, the only thing CD can be accused of is shooting a poor quality video that doesn't benefit the aspiring video forensicenthusiast.
What about these videos he posted before hand....does this mean anything?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM
theibault

I'm just stoked if this product is what it is. It would take rc tanks to a whole new level and be something I'd buy. I just want to see more vids. My comment was in regards to a member saying they could see a paintball in flight and then telling another member that they couldn't see it because they needed a better monitor or something. I just couldn't see it and I have the same stuff. I value what the CD guys are doing and want to get one when it's ready.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 PM
BiggTony

My response wasn't totally directed at you, although your post did encourage me to spit out what I've been wanting to say. lol
It just kind of bugs me, how one person has encouraged some serious doubt for something that we all don't know what it's fully about. I don't know if CD deserves it, but it's ironic and a bit hypocritical for this same person who is tossing fuel on a fire....no, lit the match then tossed fuel on the fire to be sopubliclyvocal about apersonalmatter that seems to have been exclusive to him, yet when some people have voiced their frustration with a seller, he would chime in and water down their frustrations. It appears that it's best to be and remain friends to have the support in this business.
"Economy,another peskie invironmental force beyond mans control.Solution close bussiness and starve,become homeless because your overwelmed by to many task and not enough capital to hire,and provide insurance,and workmans comp when you exceed to many employees,all while wondering how your bussiness will be effected by the coming Government policies that prevent accurate speculation or planning for future overhead because you can't sit down and research the effect of these issues because even if you had the time one you could not possibly understand how these policies will directly effect your small business.And if you had the time to study and research your bussiness plan,their is still a deep slump in consumer spending @ the time of year you would normally have the highest sales.And now on top of these issues it is snowing outside which slows deliveries coming and going.Then when the idea of just quitting creeps into the back of your mind you begin to wonder,who would you work for,with record unemployment how could you have a chance at rejoining the work force,way to much competition,how do you go to your family and say Merry Christmas were homeless in 90days,and Happy New Year your leader has just failed. The End A story of the American small bussiness owner in the Economy of today."

"their seems to be a lack of understanding concerning the day to day operation of a small business,so in the economy of today perhaps the question should be how have you managed to overcome all these Issues beyond your control and keep your company functioning?"

"After an 80 hour week,and usaully atnightBill answers his e-mail inbox.If not for the stupid 24hr cycle of our planet he could most likely answer all the qeustions asked of him.But being stuck with this planets rotation,spinning on its axeses revolving around a sun that is spinning through a galaxy in the vast space of the universe he does what he can,but always working,improving and growing a bussiness.One man operations are all the same in one respect,their are only so many hours in a day.

"Bill has overcome some difficult issues that life can throw at you,he's managed a complicated set of problem's and is still the person we all know for his work ethic and strong sense of family values,and that is important to me as I enjoy this hobby with my son and daughter.Things are important to kids and no parent wants to let down a child,and I feel very strongly that Bill will be their for our Christmas list,and completely trust Bill to deliver as always he has done,and if their is a problem I know that Bill will return my call,Let's all be thankful for dealers Like Bill,bob,and Phil.It is fortunate that we here in the US can deal with real people and not some nameless corporation that could care less.Let's all be thankful and look forward to the new armor,PANTHER-G,SHERMAN,M-16 HALFTRACK,and I for one will be depending on BILL for my Panther and some 1/350scaleshipkits that are new to the market,Glad BILL@RCCOMMAND is here for us and our families.Blake 1-saxondog"

"Way past time to move on,and to those who have issues take it up directly but let this thread die.We have so much more to talk about that could be interesting and positive.The End"

Not trying to fight here and I'm not trying to cause trouble....just pointing out the facts.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 PM
shenlonco

You are most likely correct crappy video plus 360FPS there is no way to see a bb come out at that speed you would probably need a high speed camera to capture it.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 PM
shenlonco

In fact here is a video of my 1/24 marui tiger I shooting paintballs at probably 150 to 170 FPS and you can't see a bb flying only a splat of color hitting a board so at 360FPS no way in hell you will see a bb fly.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...28/fdqF7bTbBrU
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM
BiggTony

That's probably because your not actually using your tank......your in thebackgroundusing a real airsoft gun. Look at the height of the hit marks. On a 1/24 scale tank....the trajectory is just not possible....(INSERT HUGESARCASM)LMAO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.