RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   HL bulldog, how much weight to add? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10253527-hl-bulldog-how-much-weight-add.html)

diabolic-mind 01-10-2011 02:55 PM

HL bulldog, how much weight to add?

just curious if someone could tell me how much weight to add to my walker bulldog. all my electronics are in the turret now, and i added a larger somewhat heavier speaker to it that located in the front. i am noticing that when i try to climb up anything that is around 2 inches high the front of the tank points nearly straight up and the tank just sits there spinning the track. id like for it to tip down on the front and be able to get up onto what im climbing. is there a specific weight that i should add to get it to tip down without overloading it?

Eli12 01-10-2011 08:53 PM

RE: HL bulldog, how much weight to add?

About 16 onces if im correct!

DirtyBird69 01-10-2011 11:53 PM

I'm running 9oz with no problem, that larger speaker should be adidng a bit of weight..

diabolic-mind 01-11-2011 12:14 AM

whats the total running weight of your tanks?

Bagheera 01-11-2011 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Hey Diabolic

The weight of me Tiger l is 10 lbs with the suspension braces. I think about 4 Lb added?

John

Eli12 01-11-2011 10:04 PM

How large is the speaker exactly?

diabolic-mind 01-11-2011 10:10 PM

at best guess its 2.5" across the cone, 2" tall from magnet to the top. i sealed it into a section of a pringles can as a bax and it just barely slid into the pringles can. the bass it produces is amazing. the machine gun sounds awesome, along with the cannon and motor start up. the higher pitch of the running motor isnt as loud but it does sound better than the stock speaker. it is a JBL speaker that i took out of a old computer speaker. it was from a compaq presario desktop computer and the speakers were made to lock onto the sides of the monitor. ill see if i can find a pic of the original computer speaker i am refering to

diabolic-mind 01-11-2011 10:11 PM

heres a link to the computer i took the speaker from. ther may be specs for the speakers there. i didnt really look though

http://www.epinions.com/review/Presa...nt_51034492548

Eli12 01-11-2011 10:41 PM

That wont probably wieght it down that much, just go 12 ounces and you gonna be ok

DirtyBird69 01-11-2011 11:05 PM

yeah I agree with Eli...

diabolic-mind 01-11-2011 11:12 PM

right now i dont have a scale to weigh stuff, but i have a roll of pennies wrapped in duct tape. someone have a scale that would want to weigh a roll of pennies for me and tell me the weight? it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

philipat 01-12-2011 02:40 PM

If you have metal gears in the back, you're looking at about 16 oz.  Best way to get it right without a scale is to use 1 oz lead fishing weights.  I would also get a piece of 1/2" x 1" wood and set the tank on its center roadwheel.  Work the center of mass from there.  You want it to either balance or just tip to the front based on what you've described.

DirtyBird69 01-12-2011 03:22 PM

ORIGINAL: philipat

If you have metal gears in the back, you're looking at about 16 oz. Best way to get it right without a scale is to use 1 oz lead fishing weights. I would also get a piece of 1/2" x 1" wood and set the tank on its center roadwheel. Work the center of mass from there. You want it to either balance or just tip to the front based on what you've described.
Not sure what kind of set-up your running but 16oz is almost twice what I'm running at 9oz.....I balanced mine just a tad front-heavy of perfectly balanced. I just went to my buddies tire-shop and got some adhesive stick-on wheel weights which were real nice as they were stamped in 1/4oz increments and icould just break off what I didn't need and also trim them to fit.

***remember***...the further forward you place the weights the less you'll need, thats why mine are all stuck to the very front of the tank..

Eli12 01-12-2011 06:52 PM

Actually, i have the same wieght as philipat. Works great and my tank is nice and balance