RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   VS tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10598020-vs-tanks.html)

(RC)Tanker 06-29-2011 06:00 AM

VS tanks

Hi, me and my brother just got a VS tiger mid production(me), and VS KV-2(brother) (both in winter white) I must say I was extremely satisfied with the tiger and the KV-2 out of the box. Unfortunately, the KV-2 had a turret jam so we are going back to hobbytown for a repair or replacement. My tiger runs pretty well, but in running it sometimes loses its track on the ground. Now, this isn't a major disappointment, because real life tigers were unreliable, but it got me thinking, what would the mechanics be for infrared combat when treads get destroyed? I was thinking that you would be fair for it to be 30 seconds of fair game(you can still shoot and can't move) and then you would be able to repair it and put it back in the same place.

So, what did you think???<br type="_moz" />

M1A2 Commander 06-30-2011 07:59 AM

RE: VS tanks

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Hi (RC)Tanker,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Sorry to hear about the issues with your VsTanks. I personal would also take back your Tiger tank. Your tracks shouldn&rsquo;t be coming off or breaking like that. This issue is due to either a bent front drive sprocket or rear idler wheel. But more than likely it&rsquo;s your rear idler wheel that&rsquo;s the main issue. This issue will only get worse as you play with your Tiger tank.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">As to IR combat. We at the Texas Armor Association, if your tracks come off your tank or your tank becomes immobile during the battle. We don&rsquo;t allow you to fix your tank during the battle game and your tank is still fair game until you&rsquo;re destroyed.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Every RC tank club is different, so make rules that work best for you and your brother.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Gene</span>

The Mad Modder 06-30-2011 11:07 AM

I may be mistaken, but aren't the stock tracks rubber? I've read that the upgrade "hard" tracks(made of plastic) are much less prone to being thrown.

BTW, I'm looking into possibly getting one of VS's Tigers(either a Tiger 1 or the new king tiger that's in the works). I'd like a Tamiya 1/16, but can't really swallow $600 or more right now. Aside from the treads being thrown, how do you like your Tiger?

M1A2 Commander 06-30-2011 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

I may be mistaken, but aren't the stock tracks rubber? I've read that the upgrade "hard" tracks(made of plastic) are much less prone to being thrown.

BTW, I'm looking into possibly getting one of VS's Tigers(either a Tiger 1 or the new king tiger that's in the works). I'd like a Tamiya 1/16, but can't really swallow $600 or more right now. Aside from the treads being thrown, how do you like your Tiger?
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Hi Mad Moddler, The tracks on the all Tiger I tanks are hard plastic, not rubber. Even though they are much better than the rubber tracks, the hard tracks will still come off the tank or break if the wheels are bent.</span></span><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 9.0pt"></span></span><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 9.0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 9.0pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">The VS Tiger I tanks are a great tank and usually weathered very nicely. Out of all the tanks that VS sells, The Tiger tanksare less prone to any kind of mechanical failure as long as it&rsquo;s an IR tank.

Gene</span></span>

Panther G 06-30-2011 05:48 PM

If you lose a track in RC combat, you are a pill box until someone kills you. there are no " Repair periods' during battles. You didn't just call "Time Out' until i fix my track in combat. you lose a track you die. That is the reality of it.