RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Tank Group in Fl. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10809787-tank-group-fl.html)

DJLaPalme 11-13-2011 08:37 AM

Tank Group in Fl.

At this time we have three people in Fl. showing interest in forming a group to battle tanks. Anyone interested please answer on this thread, p.m. me, or call me at this #: (321)258-2136. Dennis

ArmChairGeneral 11-13-2011 09:30 AM

RE: Tank Group in Fl.

We are just getting into decent outdoor weather here, if we get some permanent ground I am sure we can build some nice 1/18 geography.

sgtcuts 11-13-2011 06:31 PM

Dennis I am one of those three I believe just name the time and place and ill be there <div>
</div><div>Trey</div>

DJLaPalme 11-13-2011 07:49 PM

Actually you are number four. Sharky27 from St. Pete said he is interested too. Thats a good start. Hopefully we will have more interested soon. I do not have a 1/16th scale tank yet but I hope to have one soon. Where in Fl. are you from Sgtcuts? I'm hoping we can find somewhere in the Orlando area to set up a battlefield. Dennis

sgtcuts 11-13-2011 08:56 PM

DJ I am in Oviedo which is a small town just northeast of orlando so kinda between you and orlando but closer to orlando. I think a place around orlando would be awesome ill start scouting my area and see if I can score some land to mess wtih. In this town i should be able to come up with something.

On a side note DJ I remember seeing some of your posts in the airboat section you should bring an airboat over my direction sometime I live next to a great lake for playing with boats of any kind.<br type="_moz" />

skycop216 11-14-2011 02:37 AM

Melbounre here.....What scale we talking, got rid of my 1/16 heng longs but have two 1/24 scale VS tanks. Also have two buddies that would prob be interested, they both have 1/24 VS as well..........

David.

thecommander 11-14-2011 04:46 AM

ORIGINAL: DJLaPalme

At this time we have three people in Fl. showing interest in forming a group to battle tanks. Anyone interested please answer on this thread, p.m. me, or call me at this #: (321)258-2136. Dennis
Hi Dennis,

My dad and I had a great time with you and the rest of the overgrown boys at Danville. He says you can use his tanks anytime and it was nice of James to lend you the tiger too. He sayes he has a list of the FLA tankers on RCU for you. He and i made a list and send out like 90 of the P M messages. We noticed Ohio, Tenn & GA are also ripe for local tanks clubs..... step up guys.
Kim

MassiveOverkill 11-14-2011 09:39 AM

I am eager to join, but have to balance family as my sig. other already is on the verge with my time spent on tanks, but more specifically WOT.  I don't know if I could commit to changing over to an approved battle system.  At the very least I could try and make a few functions and participate in some capacity.

thecommander 11-14-2011 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't speak for Denis and Steve....the best FL tankers that I know. But we at NEAD do not even require tank ownership. We have many guys who just have HL w/o a Tamiya compatable battle unit. Many are using DBU, Elmod and now the Italian battle unit (Andrew). We loan out our tanks for them to try out. Just like I did for Dennis at Danville recently. This way guys can find out what they like before they buy a tank. HL IR and Tamiya IR can share the field but can't kill each other. We allow HL tanks to run at Danville and NEAD w/o firing the airsoft anytime but during organized Tamiya battles. At our last NEAD battleday we had the 2 new Mato KT there w/o a tamiya battle system. I hope this helps.

Bob, NEAD CO

DJLaPalme 11-14-2011 07:34 PM

Skycop216, at the present time you are the only one with 1/24. I will be purchasing a Sherman in 1/16 soon. I believe all the others showing interest all have 1/16. I have no problem with 1/24, we will have to see how much interest there is in it. I do not see why a battlefield can't be used for both. Dennis

ArmChairGeneral 11-15-2011 06:38 AM

I have a A6 Leopard in 1/24, the bulk of my collection is 1/16 though ( Tamiya, HL, Mattorro )

Paul

ArmChairGeneral 11-18-2011 05:15 PM

I am surprised not to see Swath Diver not responding here, he is in Florida :)

panhead56 12-26-2011 07:15 PM

Add another tanker to florida. when you guys want to meet up im in the orlando area as well. i have 1 working 1/16 pershing and one 1/16 tiger that i need to get up and running again. let me know when and where.

rat now 12-26-2011 07:32 PM

Dang, Orlando has all the rc guys...Nfla has zelch. I cant even find anyone around here that has a tank.

ArmChairGeneral 12-26-2011 09:44 PM

Things are looking up for orlando, i am in the saint cloud area - lotsa empty land around orlando.

sevoblast 12-26-2011 10:15 PM

Used to be lots before I moved east from Jax. Go to the hobby shop on 103rd Street in Jax, just west of the 295 overpass, on the right about two blocks west of the overpass. They used to handle Tamiya 1/16 and were quite active in the hobby. Ask for Gregg.

http://www.hobbyworld.biz/

herrmill 12-26-2011 10:22 PM

Bob, I referred Mr. Rat to contact Greg a few weeks back over at RCG as well as come over here & check out this forum. Wasn't Greg talking about putting in an outdoor battlefield behind the 103rd store a few years back? And who owned that one near the OP store?

sevoblast 12-26-2011 11:47 PM

Greg was indeed talking about putting in a battlefield behind the store. They seem to own some land back there. Haven't heard much about it for couple years now, though. When Ty and I left Jax, seems the steam pretty much left with us.

The field near the OP store was in the back yard of one of the old club members in Jax. He's since moved to 'Bama I think.

herrmill 12-27-2011 03:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yea, you folks did have a well represented field back then with lots of members & at least 2 local hobby stores actively promoting RC tanks. That time my son & I were in town & visited the OP battlefield, it looked as though you had upwards of 10 playing that day. Shame it petered out like it did once you & Tybo left town.

Here's a little something for the others to get a taste of what life was like back in the days of ETO.

BTW, Ian is currently serving in Helmand Province, Afghanistan riding shotgun in an M-ATV - not quite armor, per see, but it certainly is better than walking on foot.

Panther G 12-27-2011 11:25 AM

One thing I would like to add from the NEAD crew is we actually encourage the guy's to try other tanks. Even if they don't own one at all, we especially want them to try out as many different models as they can.<div> This way they have a much better idea of which model they would like to own.</div>

rat now 01-09-2012 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: herrmill

Bob, I referred Mr. Rat to contact Greg a few weeks back over at RCG as well as come over here & check out this forum. Wasn't Greg talking about putting in an outdoor battlefield behind the 103rd store a few years back? And who owned that one near the OP store?
Was over there last week no Gregg and no plans for a battlefield. Seems they have lost interest.

sevoblast 01-09-2012 10:17 PM

That's a pity, as 5 years ago they were in hot and heavy.

dudepal 02-18-2014 08:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys I'm Shawn i got my first tank yesterday a hl KT with Bb setup my girl is getting her leopard today we are interested in ur tank group

Also I'm in Middleburg with slot of room to battle if anyone's ever near

Imex-Erik 02-18-2014 09:08 AM

I am interested as well. Where would you plan on having these events? I am in Brooksville, about an hour north of Tampa. It would be nice to have a battleground in Florida!

Tweeder505 02-18-2014 12:00 PM

Im interested. Down in West Palm here, have a 1/16 HL m41A3 I just ordered. Imex-Erik, ill be at the dade battlefield ww2 reenactment March 1st if your going.