RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   HELP!!!!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/10887546-help.html)

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 07:29 AM

HELP!!!!!

I have recently bought a heng long tiger 1 s&s bbgun tank with metal tracks and gearboxes and it was working fine until recently when after 10 ish seconds of moving it the lights would start flashing and the smoke machine and sounds would stop also the Machine gun on the front would stop flashing as well.

Does any one know what's wrong with it? Any ideas to fix it? Do i need a new tank?

Please help!<br type="_moz" />

fynsdad 01-02-2012 07:33 AM

RE: HELP!!!!!

It sounds like the battery is not charged. Do you have a different battery to try?

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 07:59 AM

I forgot to add, the battery is fully charged.

FreakyDude 01-02-2012 08:24 AM

sounds like you have a poor connection somewhere. I would retrace all the wiring starting with the battery connections then move on to the switches then on to the board.<div>It might be that a wire is loose then when it reconnects it restarts your system. This would be the first thing then I would look at the board itself if your wiring is ok.</div><div>HL tanks are infamous for poor soldering and loose connections.</div>

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 09:23 AM

i have done some tests and it only does this on carpet, grass and anywhere that isnt a boring flat surface.

1sgt 01-02-2012 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Chrunchyhobo

i have done some tests and it only does this on carpet, grass and anywhere that isnt a boring flat surface.

It still sounds like a weak battery, Do you have another to swap out. The batteries that come with the tanks are pretty cheap and may not be holding a full charge. Go to your hobby shop and buy a good battery ( mind as well get a better charger too ), and see what that does. In worst case, it doesn't fix the problem, but you'll have a decent back-up battery and good charger.

Glen B 01-02-2012 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

The batteries that come with the tanks are pretty cheap and may not be holding a full charge
Yeah, sounds like the battery that came with my HL King Tiger.

I have actually had some good luck with the other HL batteries but the KT battery has a VERY short running life on a charge.

I will be upgrading batteries for the 2012 outdoor season.
<br type="_moz" />

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 11:58 AM

Any reccomendations for a battery to replace the old hl ni-cd sc1700mah 7.2v?

Glen B 01-02-2012 12:02 PM

Any reccomendations for a battery to replace the old hl ni-cd sc1700mah 7.2v?
Guys in our tank club are buying these; http://www.ebay.ca/itm/270614422848?...d=303915102064
<br type="_moz" />

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 12:05 PM

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that once it had a mind of its own and it drove up my sisters foot and the moron thought it was a good idea to lift her foot and let it drop to the ground. (front only, back was on the ground.)

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 12:09 PM

Just checked out the link, free world wide shipping? Nice!!<div>
</div><div>And how much is that in gbp?</div>

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 12:16 PM

Do you reccomend any other upgrades? While I'm shopping for stuff.

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 12:41 PM

Also anything to improve the smoke system, there's pretty much nothing coming out, even fully topped up.

Glen B 01-02-2012 12:48 PM

The smokers are notoriously unreliable.

On my tanks that I equip with SLU elecronics to replace the original HL stuff, I just remove them and use the space for the radio receiver.

Chrunchyhobo 01-02-2012 12:52 PM

Any other upgrades?

Glen B 01-02-2012 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Any other upgrades?
The only upggrades I do are;

SLU to replace the HL electronics and set them up for IR battels; http://soundandlightunit.weebly.com/

Mato 3:1 Gearboxes: http://matomart.com/prodview.php?p=961

Heavy springs in the Tiger I

Painting, (pictures Tiger I, Das Reich, Russia 1943 &amp; KT, Abt 503, Hungary, Oct. 1944)
<br type="_moz" />

Chrunchyhobo 01-03-2012 03:12 AM

Cool tigers! Is that a porsche turret i see on the king tiger? :) Also any ideas for a 360 degree rotation in the turret? I heard some guy blabbing on about a brushed contact disk? <div>
</div><div>Also found another thing, the left track jumps off the idler wheel when I turn it on grass but there is little slack in the track and all the teeth are un-mangled?</div><div>
</div><div>And do you have a link for instructions to rotate the gun mantlet? There's probably one one lurking in the depths of this site.</div><div>
</div><div>And any thug else to make it more realistic would be much appreciated.</div>

Chrunchyhobo 01-03-2012 03:28 AM

Is it the brass 3:1 box? And do these easly fit in the hl tiger?<div>
</div><div>And I would like a opinion on these upgrades, wether I need them or not.</div><div>
</div><div>1. Aluminum lower hull</div><div>
</div><div>2. Water proofing</div><div>
</div><div>3. Impact gearbox housing and tamyia cogs and motor</div><div>
</div><div>4. Elmod</div><div>
</div><div>5. Aluminum road wheels</div>

Pershing.Driver 01-03-2012 03:58 AM

If you are doing all of those upgrades I would suggest looking into ether a tamiya tiger or the mato full metal tiger .. You will save money in the long run..... But you don't get to shoot bb's just IR.

torpedochief 01-03-2012 06:57 AM

Crunchy,

Hang on! Check the cyrstal in the rx. Make sure it is in tight. Sounds to me like you lost radio signal. Remember the flashing light on the HL are also a diagnoistic tool. Slow Flash=Battery Rapid Flash=Radio.

Hope that helps!!

Don

torpedochief 01-03-2012 07:00 AM

Making the mantel go the right way is simple. I know there is a picture tutorial on here somewhere. Basically you have to remove the turret and the gun system. Rotate the mantle then redrill screw mounting holes.

Let me see if i can dig it up.

Don

Chrunchyhobo 01-03-2012 07:45 AM

How fast is the flashing when it tries to tell you when the radios gone **** up?<div>
</div><div>Some people say that on a surface that causes excessive resistance it draws extra power from the battery and everything else stops. (when the lights are flashing it drives and shoots as normal, but sounds smoke and the red light on the hull mg don't work) but a flat (and quite solid) carpet should not cause any resistance should it?</div>

Chrunchyhobo 01-03-2012 07:49 AM

And those upgrades I mentioned total at just over £300 and the tank cost £100 (was £200, hooray for christmas deals!) and somehow I don't think that is more expensive than a £800 tamyia tiger.

Chrunchyhobo 01-03-2012 07:51 AM

I can't believe it, the censoring on this site starred out the first half of t l t s up!

torpedochief 01-03-2012 08:30 AM

Crystal problems are sometimes hard to tell apart from battery problems. Just try to reseat your crystal and see what you have. If you have a multi-meter check the voltage on the battery just to be sure.

Also see if you can smell any hint of burning. You might have snagged something just enough to blow part of the RX-18. Just about everyone has blown a circuit on these things.

If all that fails you need to take the tracks off by removing a pin and then remove the three screws in the body and the four in the pannier and take the hull apart and see what the status of the wiring is.

Good luck! We'll get you back in the fight!!

Don