RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   April 27th battleday in SE PA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11462148-april-27th-battleday-se-pa.html)

TheBennyB 03-30-2013 03:40 AM

April 27th battleday in SE PA

1 Attachment(s)
I'm planning on having a battleday at my place in West Grove, Pa April 27th if anyone would like drop by. We'll start around 10 and go till whenever (have outdoor lighting.) Will probably order out for lunch
and I'll cook something up for dinner. There is plenty of floor space in the finished basement and one guest bedroom if anyone doesn't want to do a long trip home late at night. If your interested post up or PM me for details and/or directions andso people can see who's coming and it'll give me a head count for food, drink, possible sleeping arrangements, etc. Hope to see some new faces and some old cannon fodder!

Bret<br type="_moz" />

Rustytrax 03-30-2013 06:28 AM

RE: April 27th battleday in SE PA

Interested. l can see if i can coax the boys into constructing a building or two if your interested.

Since we have some extr tanks we might be able to bring a NOOB or two. Though being a teen they probably will catch on quickly.

FreakyDude 03-30-2013 07:35 AM

I wish I was closer to you guys. looks like a great field.

thecommander 03-30-2013 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I plan on coming and will poll the NEAD members. I see that you have already made a formal invite on our group Brett, thank you. For those who have not been to Bretts yet he and Tony have labored intensely and made a battlefield with a varied terrain. We had a fine time there last October. We also ran RC cars and gtrucks both electric and gas....what a pisser. Is this an ACE event Brett or just thru the courtesy of Benson hospitality? I would love to get a fromal ACE/NEAD event either by you or in the northern DelMarVA area.

Bob

TheBennyB 03-30-2013 10:34 PM

Bob, no club affiation. Actually some of the ACE guys will be having a demo booth at the nothern Virginia IPMS show that same weekend. We're only gonna be about 3 weeks from delivery for
our second child so I need to be close to home, and have a final r/c blast before I"m elbow deep in poo poo. Thank you for the kind words,Webuilt it......so allcan come! Already getting fired
up for fun saturday.</p>

mustclime 03-31-2013 11:13 AM

Since my new job has me working on sundays....I think I am going to have to try to make this one....maybe catch a ride with bob....Is you battle field rated for a 120 ton E-100?

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...psdda4930a.jpg

thecommander 03-31-2013 05:48 PM

ORIGINAL: mustclime

Since my new job has me working on sundays....I think I am going to have to try to make this one....maybe catch a ride with bob....Is you battle field rated for a 120 ton E-100?

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...psdda4930a.jpg

Super Scot. As of now I have the day off....We are ON!!!!

TheBennyB 04-01-2013 02:45 AM

I'll have to beef up the bridge for that beast Scott! Looking forward to seeing you guys.

nharrison21 04-01-2013 03:05 AM

Not sure I will have my tank IR ready before this date but will still look at making the trip....Beware though The T26E4 might still have to make an appearance now that its converted.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...evil_smile.gif

TheBennyB 04-01-2013 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: nharrison21

Not sure I will have my tank IR ready before this date but will still look at making the trip....Beware though The T26E4 might still have to make an appearance now that its converted.... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...evil_smile.gif

If you don't have anything IR ready there will tanks you can use. I'll have a couple on standby. PM me for my address and directions if you think your gonna make the trip.
<br type="_moz" />

Buckeye36 04-01-2013 05:44 PM

Bret your killing me, the 27th is Margaret's 16th Birthday......

All Tanked Up 04-01-2013 06:28 PM

Bret, sorry I can't make it. Daryl and I have already committed to the head of the IPMS event. And it's only fair to show up as they have printed it in their flyers, promos, etc... But I hope you will have something in the future as it's a much easier drive then Danville ( and less expensive ). Maybe do an ACE sponsored event, but we can talk about that later. I don't know if Jake would come up to your place, but he is coming to the model show/demo in Fairfax, VA. But I know we could get him there. Willy, boy he'll drive anywhere, any distance, any weather just to hang, RC and pound a few.

Good luck on your battle.

TheBennyB 04-02-2013 03:50 AM

ORIGINAL: All Tanked Up

Bret, sorry I can't make it. Daryl and I have already committed to the head of the IPMS event. And it's only fair to show up as they have printed it in their flyers, promos, etc... But I hope you will have something in the future as it's a much easier drive then Danville ( and less expensive ). Maybe do an ACE sponsored event, but we can talk about that later. I don't know if Jake would come up to your place, but he is coming to the model show/demo in Fairfax, VA. But I know we could get him there. Willy, boy he'll drive anywhere, any distance, any weather just to hang, RC and pound a few.

Good luck on your battle.
Yup, wish I could come down and help out with the show Bill. Hopefully after we get in a schedule with the new addition to the family I'll have a full weekend A.C.E fun run this fall. That'll make it a little easierfor Jake and Willy to come up and stay a couple nights.
<br type="_moz" />

TheBennyB 04-02-2013 03:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Buckeye36

Bret your killing me, the 27th is Margaret's 16th Birthday......
Damn Jim, just can't get on the same page with you. Guess I'll have to consult you first on dates next time I schedule one of these things.

<br type="_moz" />

Buckeye36 04-02-2013 09:39 AM

LOL, you better! :D

TheBennyB 04-09-2013 03:52 AM

Bump

nharrison21 04-09-2013 04:40 AM

Whats thebody count for this so far...I am waiting to hear from my babysitter to see if I can make it. Wont have a Battle ready tank but will bring what I got to give it its first showing

TheBennyB 04-09-2013 07:15 AM

Right now we're sitting at 8-10 tankers, so we'll definitely have enough for 4 on 4 at the least. I'll have 2-3 tanks on deck for people to borrow and battle with.

texchap 04-09-2013 07:49 PM

I'll be there, not sure about Rich

TheBennyB 04-10-2013 03:29 PM

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it Richard. I think we're at 10-12 tankers with a couple more on the fence if they can make it.

thecommander 04-12-2013 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: TheBennyB

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it Richard. I think we're at 10-12 tankers with a couple more on the fence if they can make it.
The NEAD guys will be there in force Brett. Thanks again for the gracious invitation. I am reminding the guys to bring tables, chairs and drinks since last time we packed out your workshop in short order. I'm sure you have filled it a little more over the winter. Can't wait to see that RC field you made. I will bring as many buildings as I can, Bob

Panther G 04-13-2013 07:28 AM

Hey Bob, you have the date listed as 5/27/13 on yahoo groups, so we'll have to make sure everyone knows the real date.
I saw it and knew if that was it I wouldnt be able to go but with it being April, I'm good.

thecommander 04-13-2013 10:42 AM

Damned thumbs...thanks Gregg

TheBennyB 04-18-2013 07:00 PM

We're still on for the 27th. Just keep your fingers crossed on the weather. I'll make the call Thursday night/Friday morning if we're going to be rained out and cancel the event so people can make other plans for that Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone and I'll have the bazooka team ready to try out on the battlefield.

TheBennyB 04-24-2013 03:17 AM

We're on for this Saturday fella's! Looks like the weather is going to hold off for us....for now. Tony and I got some battlefield maintence done this past saturday and all the batts have
been charged for the outdoor lights. If you still need my address or directions feel free to email or PM me. Start time is 10 A.M. and we'll go till whenever. I'm going to order sub's for lunch and cook up
some lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for dinner. I'll have some water, soda, and adult beverages in the cooler but feel free to bring any of your favorites to drink. Looking forward to it.

Bret
<br type="_moz" />