RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   hen long wiring problem (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11605902-hen-long-wiring-problem.html)

trey3670 10-26-2014 06:12 PM

hen long wiring problem

1 Attachment(s)
ok guys got the tiger 1 and had it in my shop one of my customers removed the upper hull and a wire unplugged from somewhere,now the flash recoil and sound doesn't work with main cannon firing.appears to be a two wire white molex connector,see picture,where does it go? I cant for the life of me find the spot thanks!

Max-U52 10-26-2014 06:34 PM

Looks like an airsoft top so there is no flash or recoil. It plugs in next to the three wire plug at the front of this photo. Does the other end of that wire connect to the trigger switch at the back of the cannon?

Max-U52 10-26-2014 06:37 PM

He kinda did my mod for the volume and smoke switch except he put the smoke switch in with the main power. I never thought of doing it that way. I might have to check that out and see if I can find any advantages.

trey3670 10-26-2014 06:39 PM

right no flash,sorry,but yes it does connect there to the hull,there is no space next to the three wire for it,let me get a picture

Max-U52 10-26-2014 06:39 PM

Correction. no barrel recoil. You'll get the sound and track recoil back when you plug the wire back in. And now I'm sure, it's airsoft. I know that's a space for a four pin plug but just use the two pins closest to the three wire plug that goes to the volume potentiometer.

Max-U52 10-26-2014 06:42 PM

And though your thread is titled heng long wiring problem, that's a taigen tank

Max-U52 10-26-2014 06:43 PM

And I mean next to the three wire in the MFU, not the three wire next to the 8 pin in the top of the hull

Max-U52 10-26-2014 06:46 PM

and you need to grease those gears. they look too dry

trey3670 10-26-2014 06:46 PM

that was it! thanks. now just to figure out the smoke,thats not working

trey3670 10-26-2014 06:48 PM

sorry got the tanks mixxed up and the tank is brand new just taken out ran a little bit then put on the shelf. I will grease it!

Max-U52 10-26-2014 06:50 PM

tell me more. smoke is one thing I do fairly well, but I'm hittin' the rack. even if you have to buy a new smoke unit it's only ten bucks. if it does anything at all, a video will really help with diagnoses, and there's a hundred guys here that could diagnose that in a minute, but norm will always be the king of smoke. I'll check back tomorrow

trey3670 10-26-2014 06:59 PM

the pump seems to function but thats it,currently it has all leaked out,dont think i even want the mess lol

CHIEFSONN 10-26-2014 08:22 PM

most smokers don't last long

Max-U52 10-27-2014 04:12 AM

If it's leaking it needs to be replaced. This is what you need

http://www.imex-model.com/product/TA...IT.html?cid=90

It may be close to new, but I can see at least two mods that have already been done to it, moving two of the switches and remounting them so they're accessible through the driver and a-drivers hatches. I'm pretty sure Imex doesn't do that yet, but I'd have to check with Erik to be sure.

Imex-Erik 10-28-2014 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by maxu52 (Post 11906534)
If it's leaking it needs to be replaced. This is what you need

http://www.imex-model.com/product/TA...IT.html?cid=90

It may be close to new, but I can see at least two mods that have already been done to it, moving two of the switches and remounting them so they're accessible through the driver and a-drivers hatches. I'm pretty sure Imex doesn't do that yet, but I'd have to check with Erik to be sure.

Yes the new tanks have the sound knob and smoke switch under the driver's hatch now :) Thanks to my RCU'ers for that one!
Also, thanks for beating to this, I am still trying to get caught up at work and then I can go full out RCU again! The smoke unit can most likely be fixed if it just ran out, but since they are cheap it would probably be easier to replace. I would suggest a bit of hot glue around the edges to keep it sealed up nice and good. I also superglue the output tubes in place to try to contain the smoke fluid as well.

Max-U52 10-28-2014 11:37 AM

Hey Erik, take a good look at the photo he posted. The smoke switch is attached next to the main power switch and the volume is under the other hatch. I think that was a customer mod, and you put both smoke and volume under one hatch, right? With main power by itself under the other hatch?

Imex-Erik 10-28-2014 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by maxu52 (Post 11907391)
Hey Erik, take a good look at the photo he posted. The smoke switch is attached next to the main power switch and the volume is under the other hatch. I think that was a customer mod, and you put both smoke and volume under one hatch, right? With main power by itself under the other hatch?

Nope, that is how they come now :) Main power and smoke unit switch are on one side with the other side being used for sound. I saw the mod here on RCU and thought it was a great idea!