RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Taigen's new website & shop now live! Preorders starting for Panthers & Sherman 76mm (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11632277-taigens-new-website-shop-now-live-preorders-starting-panthers-sherman-76mm.html)

Imex-Erik 09-01-2016 11:55 AM

Taigen's new website & shop now live! Preorders starting for Panthers & Sherman 76mm

Hey Tankers,
So we are finally launching the new redesigned website and shop! www.TaigenTanks.com now has not only more details and specs (all have now pretty close to spot on weights and dimensions in both metric and imperial) but also a shop and an easier to navigate site. I've added a few sections and removed a few from the old site and soon the site will have full PayPal options as well (in time, I must do lots of work to integrate everything). All our current models are still there plus a new added kit section.

It is also now possible to preorder items with this site and preorders for the Panther G, Panther F, and Sherman 76mm tanks and parts are now ready to be reserved. When adding these items to the cart you will be notified that it is a preorder. PayPal will not be available for preorder items at this time. The Panthers and Sherman are expected to arrive mid-late October and started floating across the pond today. I of course will keep close tabs on the container as I know a bunch of people are waiting on them. Also, prices are posted on the site for each tank :) Shipping is only $8.99 to US residents. Out of country customers will need to contact me direct through the website or our glorious PM system here on RCU. Links:
Sherman 76mm
Panther G
Panther F

Oh! I can't forget about one of my favorite things for you guys.... MOAR coupons :) For this weekend the promo code will be: FREESHIP70 which offers free shipping on all orders over $70 through Monday night. Now that I have a bit more control over the coupons I can make sure you guys are always taken care of! For those who have already contacted me about your tanks you should of already received an email from us. When placing your order feel free to leave us a message or comments in the order section and make sure you have a valid phone number for delivery confirmation!

Happy tanking guys, I hope you enjoy and all have a safe and dry weekend (supposed to be 8-10" of rain for us today alone)!

Jarlath 09-01-2016 01:19 PM

Awesome. But I bet the coupon is not for us poor folios outside the USA :(

Imex-Erik 09-01-2016 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jarlath (Post 12253382)
Awesome. But I bet the coupon is not for us poor folios outside the USA :(

That's correct. Unfortunately we are still working on a fix for out of country orders, but for now you may have to order direct from me. Tanks are currently not shipping to Canada addresses either but we can ship to US addresses. More specific RCU codes will come later after the initial launch. I'm making sure you guys are taken care of!

Crius 09-01-2016 06:10 PM

That's just great. Easy to use and find stuff, but it would be even easier for me to spend more money in a shorter time if the prices were on the main parts menu instead of having to click on the individual product to find out how much it costs. If I'm building a PzIII and want to add stuff up I know what I need, like screens, tools, etc, if the prices were on the main parts menu I could see them at a glance instead of having to go to the page for each part. That's really helpful when you're on a budget and trying to prioritize, can ya dig it? :cool:

And I hope you incorporate the customer tanks page you started a while back. I think on the old site it was under "Media", maybe? There were some cool tanks there, and I know a lot of guys have sent photos. Maybe we should start a campaign to get you a couple of assistants? ;)

It's looking really great, Erik, and I can't wait to see what you add next.

Try to stay dry. :rolleyes::p

Crius 09-02-2016 10:42 AM

OK, here's another little suggestion, at the old site I could register and then see past order history and stuff like that. Will I be able to do that at the new site, too? So far I can't find a log-in or register button.

I really like the new site, and I'm sure once you get it finished (are these things ever finished?) it's going to be great. I can't wait for the photo galleries. You really do need an assistant, my friend. I'd move to Florida and help you out but I couldn't stand the pay cut! :cool:;):p:p:p

Imex-Erik 09-02-2016 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12253497)
That's just great. Easy to use and find stuff, but it would be even easier for me to spend more money in a shorter time if the prices were on the main parts menu instead of having to click on the individual product to find out how much it costs. If I'm building a PzIII and want to add stuff up I know what I need, like screens, tools, etc, if the prices were on the main parts menu I could see them at a glance instead of having to go to the page for each part. That's really helpful when you're on a budget and trying to prioritize, can ya dig it? :cool:

And I hope you incorporate the customer tanks page you started a while back. I think on the old site it was under "Media", maybe? There were some cool tanks there, and I know a lot of guys have sent photos. Maybe we should start a campaign to get you a couple of assistants? ;)

It's looking really great, Erik, and I can't wait to see what you add next.

Try to stay dry. :rolleyes::p

I've updated the parts pages to show prices, I'll see how it goes this weekend :)

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12253701)
OK, here's another little suggestion, at the old site I could register and then see past order history and stuff like that. Will I be able to do that at the new site, too? So far I can't find a log-in or register button.

I really like the new site, and I'm sure once you get it finished (are these things ever finished?) it's going to be great. I can't wait for the photo galleries. You really do need an assistant, my friend. I'd move to Florida and help you out but I couldn't stand the pay cut! :cool:;):p:p:p

Wait.... it isn't great now?? :) I'll most likely always be working on it, but since I'm more familiar with the platform and built it myself it should be much easier to use. Right now we don't have a member section, I'm not really sure if I want to add that and complicate things. I personally hate have to sign in or register to purchase things though I do understand the want for an order history. I'll see what I can implement later, right now I'm more focused on making sure specs and information is right and making sure the orders are going smooth (almost 1/3rd of the Panther F IR tanks are already gone!) then I'll check out other features to add. With this platform I have a lot more flexibility and options so I'm sure I'll be tweaking this for a bit. Suggestions are always nice too, just use the contact form and let me know what you want to see!

Crius 09-02-2016 03:48 PM

It's definitely light years ahead of where it was when you started at Imex! just the fact that you made sure all the photos of the products are accurate is a great thing. Having a real RC Tanker at the helm of this website will make all the difference in the world.

Crius 09-02-2016 03:50 PM

Just took another look at the parts page and that is just terrific. For true tightwads like me that's a truly wonderful thing you've done. :cool::rolleyes:

Merganser 09-03-2016 12:51 PM

Love the new site but, what is this off scale army truck video doing there? No information on scale (looks like 1/14) and no information on brand name or cost. Please tell the manufacture that they are missing a sure bet by not making a 1/16 scale 2 and a 1/2 ton 6x6 army truck. America produced 800.000 of them during WW2 and probably another 400,000 improved models through the 1970s. There have to be at least 5 million vets like me that have spent time riding in or driving one. Almost every county West of the Mississippi has at least one deuce & 1/2 truck converted for wild land fire use. Heck, there is even a person about 10 blocks from my house with his or hers own restored deuce and a 1/2 in their yard.
Any news to leak on the new radios? Please keep up the great work! JOT

Crius 09-05-2016 06:57 AM

I was just browsing the kit section, and I really like what I see. Well, except for the price but we all know I'll never be happy about the price. You could send the tank for free and even give me $20 for my trouble and I'd still whine that it was too much. :p

But anyway, the JT kit is just great for those of us that want to add our own paint schemes and electronics. I can't wait to see what the Panther kits look like, and now I'm going to start harassing you about the planned all metal Panzer Four. When will it be here, why don't I have one yet, waaaaah!!! :eek:

Imex-Erik 09-06-2016 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Merganser (Post 12254010)
Love the new site but, what is this off scale army truck video doing there? No information on scale (looks like 1/14) and no information on brand name or cost. Please tell the manufacture that they are missing a sure bet by not making a 1/16 scale 2 and a 1/2 ton 6x6 army truck. America produced 800.000 of them during WW2 and probably another 400,000 improved models through the 1970s. There have to be at least 5 million vets like me that have spent time riding in or driving one. Almost every county West of the Mississippi has at least one deuce & 1/2 truck converted for wild land fire use. Heck, there is even a person about 10 blocks from my house with his or hers own restored deuce and a 1/2 in their yard.
Any news to leak on the new radios? Please keep up the great work! JOT

Yea that is our buddy Aaron over at RC Adventures' truck he uses for his tanks. I do believe he has a few videos on it on his Youtube channel actually. He has a few different scales and that 1/14th is perfect. More scale stuff is being looked into as well, you never know :)

Panther G 09-06-2016 02:05 PM

It is a shame that all the companies putting together 8x8 trucks keep making them in 1:10 or larger scale.
would be nice to see a 14 or 16 scale selection from some one for a change.

Crius 09-06-2016 05:54 PM

I'd be happy just to see someone like Trumpeter or Hobby Boss put out a 1/16 scale deuce and a half.

Imex-Erik 09-08-2016 09:36 AM

Updates! We are now including a free V2 smoker and a replacement firing unit for your tank with your preorders :) Thanks again guys for all the comments and support!
We also have a better ETA of 10/22/2016 in port and around 5-10 days after that for shipping. We need to check them here first before shipping (as we do with all the tanks now) so there will be a slight delay as we get a nice supply checked. After that they will ship normally as we currently do now. Please note the Panther F in IR is selling real well.... Just a heads up :)