RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Don't say "It can't be done". (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11641039-dont-say-cant-done.html)

Panther F 08-16-2017 01:00 AM

Don't say "It can't be done".

It doesn't matter if it's size or material, it can be done.

(many here have proven it)

Rex Ross 08-16-2017 06:28 AM

Omg !!!!!

MAUS45 08-16-2017 02:58 PM

Really wowzers!!!!

Panther F 08-22-2017 05:11 AM

1/87 3D printed RC

Rex Ross 08-22-2017 06:56 AM

Did anyone else notice that the headlights and tail lights don'r work? Outside of that --- it's a pretty good HO scale RC.

I think I'll go out into my back yard now and burn everything I ever built.
rex :(

Panther F 08-22-2017 10:46 AM

Eh... I wouldn't do that Rex. Send them all to me and I will handle it. ;)

BTW. I misused the term 'scratch build' in one of my replies when I was actually referring to replicating. It's easy to copy an existing part and rob details off of it to make something... it's another thing to start out with just measurements and sheets of styrene to create it.

THAT is what I meant. :)

Rex Ross 08-22-2017 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Panther F (Post 12362116)
Eh... I wouldn't do that Rex. Send them all to me and I will handle it. ;)

BTW. I misused the term 'scratch build' in one of my replies when I was actually referring to replicating. It's easy to copy an existing part and rob details off of it to make something... it's another thing to start out with just measurements and sheets of styrene to create it.

THAT is what I meant. :)

~~~~~~~~~~
I take a lot of liberties calling myself a "scratch builder".

When I first started "scratch building" I went to an IPMS meeting to show off my 1st project and I was corrected by a gentleman in the IPMS who informed me that a true scratch builder would explore for oil, drill for it, transport it, refine it and extract the properties to make plastic, form that plastic into parts that are recognizable as those belonging to a tank, and then assemble those parts into a model of that tank. We didn't get into how I was getting my paint (either petroleum based or acrylic).

Sooooo --- I will always think of myself as a semi-scratch parts assembler who cheats and starts in the middle of a scratch project. I never got around to going to a second meeting for some reason.
rex :p

ChuckATruck 08-22-2017 03:09 PM

The animated cad assembly made it look super simple to make it only took like a minute to assemble it

Airbrushler 08-22-2017 06:36 PM

That is Amazing i don't think i can work that small

Panther F 08-23-2017 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rex Ross (Post 12362164)
~~~~~~~~~~
I take a lot of liberties calling myself a "scratch builder".

When I first started "scratch building" I went to an IPMS meeting to show off my 1st project and I was corrected by a gentleman in the IPMS who informed me that a true scratch builder would explore for oil, drill for it, transport it, refine it and extract the properties to make plastic, form that plastic into parts that are recognizable as those belonging to a tank, and then assemble those parts into a model of that tank. We didn't get into how I was getting my paint (either petroleum based or acrylic).

Sooooo --- I will always think of myself as a semi-scratch parts assembler who cheats and starts in the middle of a scratch project. I never got around to going to a second meeting for some reason.
rex :p

I vaguely remember that story and still think it's funny... what a hoot! Obviously a frustrated individual. :p

I always referred to myself as a kit assembler/basher that never was satisfied with something straight from the box. Those that do and call themselves "modelers" are incorrect.