RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Maus tank 2 diffrent barrell recoil (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11652344-maus-tank-2-diffrent-barrell-recoil.html)

Sebbe335 08-02-2018 07:05 AM

Maus tank 2 diffrent barrell recoil

Hello!

I have some big problems to get the functions i want for my hooben maus. I want the big 128mm barrell to recoil with sound and flash, no problems so far but i also want to have the smaller 75mm gun to do the same thing but on another "channel" this is not possible to do with either elmod or clark boards so im thinking i need to build an extrernal recoil unit that i activate by a switch on the transmitter and at the same moment i need to active a firering sound via the elmod board. Im thinking of buying a ready one recoil unit (activated by a receiver controlled on/off switch) and have a high power led that should light up moment when firering but it need to have something that stops the unit after doing a shot or it would just loop until i change the position on the firering switch on the transmitter. Something also need to activate the flash at the same time... any electronic expert here that can help my with pats and electronic drawing?

//Sebbe

Crius 08-02-2018 08:14 AM

The only thing I can suggest is to maybe take a look at the board they use in the airsoft recoil tanks from IMEX. It's a pretty simple board, and it just has two wires for power and one for the signal so if you were to put it on a momentary switch, every time you hit the switch The Recoil would activate and run through its cycle and stop until you hit the switch again.

tomhugill 08-02-2018 01:31 PM

You're seriously over complicating this. Why
not put the recoil servos on a Y splitter and wire
two led flash in parallel?

Crius 08-02-2018 01:40 PM

Not a bad idea, Tom, but I think he wants to be able to fire them independently. With a Y they'd both fire at the same time, eh?

Tanque 08-02-2018 09:27 PM

Somehow I have to believe there's a way to switch between two recoil functions using the radio system's
channel mixing capabilities. Haven't thought is completely through but it seems if the second recoil was a servo type recoil
you should be able to get appropriate mixing to action the 75 mm recoil separately from the main gun recoil.

Jerry

bradgreene 08-03-2018 09:31 AM

I've done a similar thing with my TigerI but just for the machine gun. It uses a Clark board and there is a hull MG and a second turret MG. What I did was basically a combination of Tom's and Jerry's ideas. I cannot find an electronic gizmo during that time to remotely control it via the receiver so I just used a 3 position slide switch operated by a mini servo. 1 side of the switch fires the hull MG and the other side fires the turret MG, the middle pos fires both MGs at the same time. The servo is control by the T9X 3 pos switch. I am guessing you can probably do the same with the recoil and cannon sound but only do a 2 pos switch so one pos defaults to one cannon, then switch to the other one when you want the other one. The cannon sound will be the same for both though. On the slide switch, you will just solder the signal wire for the servo and the positive wire for the led flash. I haven't tried it but it might work. If you can find a remote receiver operated switch, it might be simpler.

tomhugill 08-03-2018 12:48 PM

Ian Judge converted a mini servo into a switchable relay two pick between the hull and coaxial machine gun, I guess a similar principle could be applied to a servo recoil, would only need to have the signal
wire switched.

Sebbe335 08-04-2018 09:31 AM

Hello again!

After a lot of thinking i finded the easiest way would be to just buy another controlboard and connect the recoil to that, but i cant find any board that have the main gun firering via a switch, i tried clark, taigen and ibu but all seems to be activated from the tx. stick. I dont know how the controlboard would react if i conected the gun elevation/firering channel to exampel ch. 6 on the reciever and have a 2 way switch (0% epa on switch pos. 1 and 100% epa on pos. 2) and hopefully it would fire when the switch is activated then it gets 100% quickly. It might work.. i will try this with my elmod board for a start. Then i can buy a cheap taigen board where plug in my flash and recoil. It just need to be able to handle a servo for recoil then its no place for a ordinary 2 wire recoil to fit....

However the aux. Board must be able to fire without any engine start sequence or similar is required, anybody know if you can just conect power to a taigen board and use this functions without engine start?

Otherwise its a good idea to have a relay or something that can switch between maingun/ aux gun but the sound would be the same and also the settings for the recoil would be the same...

//Sebbe