RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Tanks of OKC: Experience/Advice needed (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11655040-tanks-okc-experience-advice-needed.html)

Arctic Cat ZRT 10-06-2018 07:47 AM

Tanks of OKC: Experience/Advice needed

Good afternoon,

I ordered a few items from RC Tanks of OKC on July 15th. These items included a Clark TBU base, IR emitter, and 15W amp for a Clark Board. The website said that everything was in-stock, placed the order. I didn't hear anything for a week then I reached out to see what the deal was. At that point I was informed not everything was instock but should have it in a few weeks. A few weeks went by patience waiting and I did get the base and emitter. Owner said he still didn't have the amp. It is now October 6th and I still don't have the amp. I tried reaching out via facebook last weekend which has been my main point of contact up to this point. Nothing back, so I tried again today. If I don't hear anything back by the end of the weekend I want to take action and get my money back for the items I did not receive, thankfully I used paypal.

Does anyone have experience with this vendor? I really hope I don't need to get paypal involved but I feel I have waited long enough with little/poor communication to boot. Does anyone have any advice about trying to get my money back through paypal, I have never been in this position before.

TXtanker 10-06-2018 08:34 AM

I have ordered from him before and had close to the same experience...thats why I buy direct from Clarks website now
try this email
[email protected]
Nathan works at a bodyshop and thats his work email he seemed to answer pretty quick, if no response start a claim immediately with paypal
Dan

Dusty Steppes 10-06-2018 08:51 AM

I have ordered several Clark items from him over the few years I have been involved in the hobby and I have never had an issue. Once there was a delay getting a few recoil units from him but that was because they were on backorder and it took awhile for the parts to come across the pond. He has always come through for me.

tiger rampage 10-06-2018 09:55 AM

I purchased a Hooben T-55 tank to be built by Nathan on June 13. I paid in full at the time and was told to expect completion in about 8 to 12 weeks. He told me at the time that he would keep me updated with the progress. Eight weeks went by and I heard nothing so I sent him a message on Facebook and didn’t get a response so I emailed him and nothing. I even called the number on his website and left a message still nothing. Finally a week later I received a message stating that he was sorry and that his builds had fallen behind because a family member was have some health issues. He told me that it was going to be around 12 weeks before it would be finished. At week 13 I messaged him to find out what was going on. He finally responded a few days later with a picture of the lower hull almost finished and said that the upper was almost done. I asked him approximately how much longer and he never responded. That was on September 28th. I understand life happens and I think I’m being very patient. I just want to know that it’s getting done and I’m going to receive it sometime soon.

Pcomm1.v2 10-06-2018 11:09 AM

My understanding is that his brother passed away. RIP.

TXtanker 10-06-2018 11:18 AM

Yes that is what he told me 3 months ago when my order was over due with no comunication from him.....I'm sorry for his loss

tiger rampage 10-06-2018 11:30 AM

That’s terrible news, may he Rest In Peace. Nathan had told me that it was is mother who was having medical issues and now this sad news.

Arctic Cat ZRT 10-06-2018 11:40 AM

Well, I feel a bit better that I am not the only one getting delays. Originally in August he told me he mother was ill which was reasoning for some of the delays, he said nothing of his brother. I definitely feel for the guy because that is a lot to go through. If his personal life at the moment means he can't fulfill orders that is fine, I'd wish he would just let me know and return my remaining money so I can move on to the next vendor. I really don't feel like setting up a dispute but if I don't hear from him soon I will.

I'll update once there is some type of resolution.

Regards

Arctic Cat ZRT 10-06-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT (Post 12468575)
Well, I feel a bit better that I am not the only one getting delays. Originally in August he told me he mother was ill which was reasoning for some of the delays, he said nothing of his brother. I definitely feel for the guy because that is a lot to go through. If his personal life at the moment means he can't fulfill orders that is fine, I'd wish he would just let me know and return my remaining money so I can move on to the next vendor. I really don't feel like setting up a dispute but if I don't hear from him soon I will.

I'll update once there is some type of resolution.

Regards

UPDATE: He sent me a message this evening that stock shipment was received and that he is sending stuff out. Glad things are working out!

tiger rampage 10-06-2018 05:17 PM

Contacted me too all is good.

Imex-Erik 10-08-2018 01:22 PM

Nathan is a good guy, I've dealt with him for years. Unfortunately the custom tank builders are dwindling down and I know for sure he has a lot of work (I send plenty of people his way for custom stuff). I am in no way defending his lack of communication but I will say he is a trustworthy guy. Life happens, but I'm glad he has contacted you and is getting stuff sorted. Nathan if you read this give me a call buddy, it has been a bit :)

Jarhead2005 10-11-2018 11:19 AM

Glad to see he's a trustworthy guy. I've been eyeballing a m3 Lee kit that he has for sell on his sure for a little while. Just been waiting on the funds to be able to buy it. I am totally between him, vandra and Ludwig's. Price is comparable between the 3, but he's here in the states.

tiger rampage 11-10-2018 12:55 PM

I’ve been trying to contact Nathan for the last 2 weeks and have gotten no response from him. Has anyone spoken to him recently?

TheBennyB 11-10-2018 10:05 PM

Yes, you always have to remember that these "boutique" vendors are usually out of their literal basement. Your not dealing with traxxas or Tamiya. Life gets in the way.

Pcomm1.v2 11-11-2018 12:40 AM

Contacting Nathan Williams; try Facebook

Tamiya USA took 90 days to resolve a bad part issue with the Abrams kit, so your lucky not to be dealing with that organization and their excuses. If you visit Mr Williams' FB page, he is out and about enjoying his life, so try reaching him on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/nathan.williams.7906

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...f7ba345314.gif

tiger rampage 11-11-2018 08:14 AM

Yes Facebook was my first point of contact with Nathan. Since his last message to me on October 6th he hasn’t read or answered any of my messages. I saw his FB profile but wasn’t friends with him so I couldn’t see if he had been on or not obviously he has and just ignored my messages. I paid him in full for a Hooben T-55 on June 13th and was told at the time that I would receive it in 8-12 weeks. It’s now been 20 weeks and he’s not returning my messages. The last message from him on October 6th he said that I should have the tank by the end of the month “October “ and still nothing. I’m not trying to bad mouth anyone but I’m thinking about putting a claim in to PayPal if I don’t hear from him soon. It’s been 5 months so I hope I’m still able to recover my money if I have too.

Crius 11-11-2018 11:23 AM

Don't think, file the claim. I've done a lot of business with Nathan and I think he's a good guy, but business is business. I usually go to paypal online and click contact us, then go through the hoops till I get a one time code, and yes, I'll say whatever I need to to get that code. ;) Once you get them on the phone it's a lot easier. I recently had an issue, took the time to get them on the phone (I'll tell ya Folks, it's harder than it looks), had to talk for about 25 minutes, but at the end my refund was issued, no waiting. It took about three days to go back to the card I used. So file the claim, and I hope it all works out well. .

And Paypal covers you for 180 days so you're not out of time yet.

Spitvalve 11-11-2018 11:34 AM

All it takes is a little communication from these folks and all would be right. Is it that difficult to let someone know that some things have come up, and your build has been delayed? I think we all realize that these are folks making some cash on a sideline biz, and we'd be perfectly fine with delays due to life if they'd just keep us informed...and not find every possible way to avoid talking to their customers.

You've got a lot of money hanging in the balance on somebody who is dodging your calls and their financial responsibilities to you. I think a call to Paypal is warranted.

Sadly, this thread sounds so familiar.

Mike.

Crius 11-11-2018 12:46 PM

Couldn't have said it better, Mike. I can name several vendors that I won't use simply because they won't take the time to send a simple email.

tiger rampage 11-11-2018 01:07 PM

Yes exactly I’ve been waiting this long I told him that I would be patient but with all the technology that we have in the palm of our hands today it would literally take less than a minute to answer me.

Cruiser133 11-13-2018 09:03 AM

Get your money back while you can! I once waited two years for a PE57 rifle build, but the guy sent me regular updates and didnt want full amount until the project was done, just a down payment to ensure my commitment....

Arctic Cat ZRT 11-13-2018 10:02 AM

I'd go ahead and get my money back if I were you. I did eventually get all of the items that I ordered from him in. But that being said the amount of time it took to get those items was way too long. I would have been better ordering from an overseas vendor.

TXtanker 11-13-2018 12:13 PM

And that is the reason I will not order from him anymore.....same experience. I hope you get your money back

Srobjets 11-19-2018 08:10 PM

Nate from OKC TANKSis a very trusted PERSON. HE TRYS TO DO TOO MUCH AND FALLS BEHIND. I HAVE sent him thousands of dollars of thanks, radios and boards and never had an issue. He will complete the job or order. Been dealing with him for over 3 years.

tomhugill 11-19-2018 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Srobjets (Post 12480053)
Nate from OKC TANKSis a very trusted PERSON. HE TRYS TO DO TOO MUCH AND FALLS BEHIND. I HAVE sent him thousands of dollars of thanks, radios and boards and never had an issue. He will complete the job or order. Been dealing with him for over 3 years.

There's no excuse for not communicating