RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Taigen Tiger 1 sound card on Torro tank. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11682803-taigen-tiger-1-sound-card-torro-tank.html)

Anubizz 09-15-2020 08:08 PM

Taigen Tiger 1 sound card on Torro tank.

I guys I know that Torro basically Taigen tank in Europe, I purchase Torro Tiger 1 mid and it comes with Taigen tank panzer 3 sound, just today I also purchase torro panzer 4, I bealive this will come with same sound card as my Tiger 1, I understand that taigen have Tiger 1 mid sound card, I wonder if this can be use on torro tank also. Not really sure why my torro tiger 1 come with Panzer 3 sound card.

Crius 09-16-2020 01:22 AM

Yes, you can use it, torro and Taigen are the same tank, they're even made in the same factory.

H2Ohaze 09-16-2020 06:38 AM

My Taigen USA IMEX bought Tiger 1 Late, T-34, and Sherman 76 that I bought this year all came with the Panzer III/IV sound cards. I replaced them with the right cards, also bought from IMEX. The way I determined that the sounds were PIII...and hearing the correct sounds for tank was by listening to the clips on the Taigen website.

Crius 09-16-2020 08:15 AM

And remember, even though Torro and taigen are the same tank, made in the same Factory, there will be differences if you buy a tank from imex. For example, when the jagdtiger first came out it was released in Europe but it came with the zinc gear boxes. The imex tanks all came with black steel ball-bearing gearboxes. It's kind of like the difference between buying a Camaro at your local Chevy dealer, or buying a Camaro from Yenko or Callaway. All imex tanks get extra attention and I know that when the container arrives in Florida every single tank is removed from the box and tested and then repacked even better than the original packaging. Those guys believe in going the extra mile for their customers and it shows. Once in awhile you hear a complaint, but 95% of the people that do business with them are very satisfied, myself included.

And don't forget, any time you order anything from imex, make sure to use the promo code RCULOVE to get a free gift.

Anubizz 09-16-2020 10:55 PM

If I have a change I will buys Taigen Tank however it almost impossible to get one to Australia, been trying to get Taigen Panzer 4 winter for 6 a month, contacting store left and right, in the end settle with Torro , even trough just the shipping is 200 USD per tank.

Michal_Kaczorowski 09-17-2020 12:40 AM

Flight to China would be cheaper probably :D

H2Ohaze 09-17-2020 11:22 AM

Yeah, just saying that if you buy anything other than PIII/PIV, you might be prepared to buy a sound card and swap it out. I'm guessing that these cards for T-34 (V-12 Diesel), Sherman (Ford GAA), Tiger 1 Early (Maybach 210), and Tiger Late + everything else (Maybach 230 engine) are new additions to Taigen, but I don't really know. I put the 210 Maybach into my late Tiger, it sounds like it's backfiring more than the 230 ;)

FWIW, when I bought the separate cards from IMEX, they were embossed in the plastic "Taigen" under the paper label telling what tank sound it was. The PIII cards that came with the tanks had no logo. Curious, and I don't know if it helps you any. The cards are $25 US each.

Imex-Erik 09-17-2020 01:17 PM

Some of the older tanks were produced when only one sound card was out (the P3/P4/Stug card) and as such a few of the older stock tanks still have those installed. However, if you buy a tank from us with the V2 or V3 systems (both RTR or S&D) and just ask for the correct sound card in the notes and put your RCU name in there I'll make sure the crew toss in the correct card in or w/e one you ask for with your tank.

Also yea international shipping is not fun. While we are now shipping parts internationally again the tanks are still kinda on hold. The shipping is very rough right now with the Covid stuff going on but parts are looking good and we haven't had any issues so far. Go ahead and hit us up on the site HERE and ask for a quote on the items/tanks you want. Usually Australia is ok on shipping, if you want to take the risk hit us up and we will do what we can on a quote ok? Please bear with us a bit as we are absolutely slammed atm here and I'm training 2 people right now and hiring another in the next day or two bringing up my total trainees to 3 at a time currently.

Anubizz 09-17-2020 02:57 PM

Hi Erik , thanks , I will keep in mind if I decide to add 1 more for my collection, however for Panzer 4 its to late since I already purchase one from Torro. Its good to know that I can purchase Taigen now .