RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   New “7.0” Heng Long tanks! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11686697-new-%937-0%94-heng-long-tanks.html)

Fsttanks 01-13-2021 08:00 PM

New “7.0” Heng Long tanks!

Looks like the new 7.0 MFU Heng Long tanks are finally starting to hit the market, EBay. The 7.0 MFU appears to resembles the 6.1/S that has been available as a stand alone upgrade but was not available in their mass production tanks.

What does this mean if the 7.0 is a renamed 6.1/S? Servo recoil and elevation is now supported, higher motor amp ratings, higher voltage ratings and hopefully an improved transmitter. Personally I also hope HL listen to the MANY request for further improvements to their battle system to be more Tamiya compatible. Have to wait and see if that hope comes true.

I should be getting my hands on one of the new 7.0 tanks soon and will be sure to tear it apart, beat it up a bit and report back what I find wrong.....or right.

tankme 01-14-2021 05:05 PM

The 7.0 also is supposed to have the function to turn off neutral turns and adjust the turning radius with 20 steps of adjustment.

Michal_Kaczorowski 01-15-2021 01:56 AM

Will it have function of switching off track recoil?

Anubizz 01-15-2021 03:28 AM

Even TK 6.0 have 3 lvl of track recoil + off from the controller.

Fsttanks 01-15-2021 10:26 AM

Well upon further investigation the 7.0 is not a rebrand/named 6.1s. It seems to be a completely new MFU altogether. It sits somewhere between the 6.0s and 6.1s features wise. Seem HL decided to focus on FPV rather then other features. Looks like the “TOY” side wins out again. Oh well to be expected.....

I will report back when I have one in hand, although my excitement in trying one out has fallen off quite a bit.

johnnyjt 04-13-2021 12:07 PM

Emailed Toucan Hobbies about difference between 6.1s and new 7.0.

Hi friend,
Compared with the 6.1s motherboard, the 7.0 motherboard mainly has 3 more jacks, including 1 LED light jack, 1 hit indicator light jack and 1 machine gun light jack. However, the 7.0 motherboard lacks two engine sounds compared with the 6.1s motherboard. On a second email to me...

Sorry, there are missing differences, 7.0 motherboard does not have lift and recoil server jack.
Sincerely
Daniel

I hope it's helpful to you.
Sincerely
Daniel

So I'll stick with 6.1s

Johnny

solo403 07-17-2021 05:41 PM

Just received my HL M41A3 Walker Bulldog TK 7.0. This is my 1st rc tank so i can't compare with older MFU's. I could have gotten the 6.0 or 6.0s but after research and a 1,000 demo videos i decided to go with the 7.0. Being an rc old-timer i am always skeptical of new first run software and new hardware in the RC world. I am happy to report that my 7.0 is functioning perfect and i love the adjustability this thing has. I not into RC laser tag. I like FPVing all my toys and look forward to exploring how they are integrating fpv into these tanks. It appears that its going in the wi fi direction, which I'm not a fan of. Cheap and easy plug and play with your phone, SO YES, it was designed for the toy grade market. From a new Tanker point of view the TK 7.0 runs great and does everything i need. I have lots of 5.8 stuff and look forward to seein what I'm aiming and shooting at.;)

dave05 09-22-2021 01:21 AM

just a quick question i have been away for a little while all my tanks are old school fm transmitter types was considering upgrading some of my tanks to 2.4 i see there are a few different boards which is the best way to go the 6.1s or the 7.0 ?
i notice the 6.1s is more expensive so would seem like the better option ?

hmmmmmmmmmm

was going more for IR battling

also any good places in Australia for the purchasing of parts etc

thanks in advance

Crius 09-22-2021 01:48 AM

Have you discovered RC tanks Australia, or Oz Armor? I think those are your two main suppliers Down Under. If you're going for a battle tank you might be disappointed with the 6.0 and 7.0, they're not truly Tamiya compatible. They'll take and receive hits from a Tamiya tank, but that's about all. You can't change the weight class, there's no reload time, it only takes 5 hits to kill one of those, and there is no reduced speed for simulated battle damage. Some clubs are having special events just for the new h l Electronics, but most of them still go with Tamiya as the standard.

tankme 09-22-2021 10:41 AM

Tank Army is supposed to be in Australia also. https://tankarmy.com/ I've ordered from them before with no issues.