RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Taigen Leo - IR version availability? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11687847-taigen-leo-ir-version-availability.html)

sclui 02-17-2021 01:05 PM

Taigen Leo - IR version availability?

Hi Erik, tried to email you guys several times for answer, hopefully this is easier for you to respond to. I see that you opened up pre-order on the Leo, but it only shows the air-soft version on your site. Any idea when the IR version will be back in stock or for pre-order? Thanks.

Imex-Erik 02-19-2021 02:24 PM

Emails are backed up atm, with Covid going on we are getting easy x10 the amount of normal traffic + emails. Got the team answering but they aren't as fast as some of the emails. I'm actually typing this from my car. Bossman and I went to go see a RC scale truck expo today and we are on the way back now. I'll be going through them myself this weekend to help them catch up.
The Leo IRs are not on this order, only the airsoft and a very limited amount at that. In fact almost half of the allotted inventory for that sku is already gone.

sclui 02-19-2021 03:31 PM

Copy that, now I have to decide....

sclui 02-20-2021 09:12 PM

Erik, quick follow up - would you stock parts that allow for conversion from airsoft to IR with barrel recoil? I see parts for IR but not for the barrel recoil + flash.

Imex-Erik 02-22-2021 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sclui (Post 12664786)
Erik, quick follow up - would you stock parts that allow for conversion from airsoft to IR with barrel recoil? I see parts for IR but not for the barrel recoil + flash.

No, we do not have any at this time. Right now it is just the turrets completely.

Crius 02-22-2021 09:01 AM

That's probably the easiest way to do it, just swap the entire turret. I've done that on a few different tanks, but I have never owned a Leo. Then if you ever do want to go back to Airsoft it's just about a five-minute swap to change the turrets back.

sclui 02-22-2021 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12665029)
That's probably the easiest way to do it, just swap the entire turret. I've done that on a few different tanks, but I have never owned a Leo. Then if you ever do want to go back to Airsoft it's just about a five-minute swap to change the turrets back.

Thanks, that's one way of doing it. Since I can't get the IR version for now, that's probably one way of getting there, except I would have to match paint scheme when doing so. Or, I will just get the kit since it comes with parts for either build..

sclui 02-22-2021 09:27 AM

Erik, thanks for the confirm. BTW, this is not specific to the Leo but I was planning on using after-market Tx with this as well as the PZ4, however, from what I have read up, there seems to be an issue getting the MG to work when using non-Taigen Tx, is there any work around?

Crius 02-22-2021 10:42 AM

I'm not sure I'd call it an issue, it's more like a fact. If you use a hobby grade TX with the V3 mfu you will lose your machine gun. No way around it.

sclui 02-22-2021 10:56 AM

Thanks for the correction :p It is a fact, and a problem..

Imex-Erik 02-23-2021 08:51 AM

Yea loss of MG on aftermarket is correct. Goofy I know but it was the way they did it that go around.

sclui 02-23-2021 08:55 AM

Guess I will be carrying around multiple TX's, oh well.

sclui 02-23-2021 03:18 PM

BTW, went ahead and pre-ordered Leo. Thanks.

sclui 02-23-2021 03:19 PM

@Crius @Erik, hope this is not in bad form in linking another board here, but there seems to be work-around on the MG Post 38