RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Tamiya Panther replacement gearboxes (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11693761-tamiya-panther-replacement-gearboxes.html)

Elwarpo 09-28-2021 12:00 PM

Tamiya Panther replacement gearboxes

Looking to upgrade. Like the ETO but do not do paypal so that is not an option. Anyone make good replacements? Tired of just rebuilding them (have lots of parts). Been out of the hobby for a few years now and am getting back in. I am in the US if that makes a difference.

Crius 09-29-2021 02:22 AM

Hey, haven't seen you around for a while. I don't know if you'll remember me, but I attended a couple of the events over at Green Acres Park. You once let me drive your panzer 3 for a battle or two. Back then I was driving a black Mini Cooper. Remember?

Anyway, I think we're close enough together that if you really wanted an ETO gearbox you could give me the money, I would use my PayPal to order it, and you can pick it up at my house. Or, I have a bunch of gearboxes here that you might want to try, everything from the taigen 3:1 to their very latest release. Rich Johnson can probably help us figure out which gearboxes fit the best, if you decide to go that route. If you do go with those gearboxes, I'll donate a couple out of my spares box, if you want.

Elwarpo 09-29-2021 10:41 AM

I do remember, how are you doing? I am a bit far away now, I live in the Houston area.

Crius 09-29-2021 11:55 AM

I'm doing okay, hope all is well with you. I thought you were back in Detroit. But, I seem to remember we have a few tankers in Texas as well. But, if you can figure out what gear boxes you want, and if I have them, I can send them down there in a small flat rate box for about $8. I'm still waiting and hoping that Rich will chime in, he's kind of a master at converting Tamyia tanks. I still haven't bought or built one of those, so I'm not sure what gear boxes will work in there.

Elwarpo 09-29-2021 12:43 PM

I was in Detroit but moved 2 years ago. I asked ETO to send me a paypal bill but they have not replied. I appreciate your help.

sevoblast 09-30-2021 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12696446)
Hey, haven't seen you around for a while. I don't know if you'll remember me, but I attended a couple of the events over at Green Acres Park. You once let me drive your panzer 3 for a battle or two. Back then I was driving a black Mini Cooper. Remember? Anyway, I think we're close enough together that if you really wanted an ETO gearbox you could give me the money, I would use my PayPal to order it, and you can pick it up at my house. Or, I have a bunch of gearboxes here that you might want to try, everything from the taigen 3:1 to their very latest release. Rich Johnson can probably help us figure out which gearboxes fit the best, if you decide to go that route. If you do go with those gearboxes, I'll donate a couple out of my spares box, if you want.

My accountant in US keeps a close eye on all the money movements. I have spoken to him about having Crius do the actual purchase and he is OK with this solution. I have emailed Elwarpo concerning this solution.

Crius 09-30-2021 07:26 AM

Sounds good. Elwarpo seems like a pretty decent guy so I'm happy to help out however I can.

sevoblast 09-30-2021 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12696579)
Sounds good. Elwarpo seems like a pretty decent guy so I'm happy to help out however I can.

Agreed. I am waiting for him to email me, then it's a done deal with just logistics to be worked out, which should not be difficult.

sevoblast 09-30-2021 09:27 AM

Done deal, only logistics remain to be worked out. TU is back on 'out of stock' status but his is reserved for him.

Elwarpo 09-30-2021 10:03 AM

Thanks, it is getting too complicated, I will just rebuild my panther gearboxes again (have plenty of spare parts). I just wanted a paypal bill (an option in paypal), so I can pay with paypal using a credit card without having to set up a paypal account.

Crius 09-30-2021 10:21 AM

Sorry it didn't work out for you, if you change your mind I'm still willing to help.

Artem RedArmy 10-10-2021 10:01 AM

Skat gearbox

MAUS45 10-18-2021 02:25 PM

Are those Robert Herne's Gearbox's?

Artem RedArmy 10-19-2021 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by MAUS45 (Post 12699022)
Are those Robert Herne's Gearbox's?

This gearbox is made in Russia . It has a real planetary gearbox installed in it, not an ordinary cylindrical one. I took my KV-13 project with a gear ratio of 71/1, there are still 100/1 and 139/1

Crius 10-20-2021 01:14 AM

Aren't Bob's boxes made in Russia?

Did those come from ETO Armor?

Artem RedArmy 10-22-2021 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12699224)
Aren't Bob's boxes made in Russia?

Did those come from ETO Armor?

No. This gearbox is made by a master named Konstantin from Moscow

Elwarpo 10-22-2021 07:59 AM

Is there a website I can find more info?

Artem RedArmy 10-23-2021 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Elwarpo (Post 12699474)
Is there a website I can find more info?

https://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/foru...804&hilit=Skat

Elwarpo 10-27-2021 10:11 AM

thanks, great info. Do you know if they are selling them, and their website?