RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Help with the problem Taigen 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11695142-help-problem-taigen-1-16-panzerkampfwagen-iv-ausf.html)

Dijuce 11-24-2021 04:16 AM

Help with the problem Taigen 1/16 Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf

The shot and barrel lift stopped working. If you constantly turn off the tank and the remote control starts working from time to time, but only one thing. Or a shot or a barrel. After shutdown, it again does not respond to the joystick. Everything else works well. Tell me what could be?

Imex-Erik 11-26-2021 02:53 PM

Sounds like your battery is failing or is too low to operate correctly. If your battery is starting to fail the voltage drop from commands can drop down below the safe level and the tank shuts down to prevent further battery damage. Try charging your tank up on the stock charger for 4-6 hours and see what it does then. Measure the voltage, you should ready 8.5V+ volts or so. This indicates a full battery. What happens is there is minimal power needed to start the tank and once you perform an action the voltage drop due to the command from the motors/sound/firing unit cause it to get too low and it shuts down to prevent battery voltage getting even lower. Continuing to start the tank can cause more damage to the battery if this is the issue. Give us a message on our site and be as detailed as you can and we will be happy to help

Dijuce 11-27-2021 10:17 AM

Thanks for helping me. I don't know how to solve the problem anymore. The battery is new lipo 2s 2500. Power 8,25v . I charge lipo b6. The ride is enough for 15 minutes. It's full of smoke and sound.Therefore, I think it's not about the battery. But the battery is not kit. Maybe this is the problem?

Imex-Erik 11-30-2021 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dijuce (Post 12704404)
Thanks for helping me. I don't know how to solve the problem anymore. The battery is new lipo 2s 2500. Power 8,25v . I charge lipo b6. The ride is enough for 15 minutes. It's full of smoke and sound.Therefore, I think it's not about the battery. But the battery is not kit. Maybe this is the problem?

15m is about right for that 2500mAh

Dijuce 12-01-2021 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik (Post 12704797)
15m is about right for that 2500mAh

The native battery was 6s and now 2s, maybe this is the reason?

Crius 12-01-2021 06:46 AM

The 6s is a nimh battery, the 2s is a lipo. Huge difference. You put a 6S lipo in there and you'll blow it into little pieces.

Dijuce 12-01-2021 07:20 AM

Do not quite understand. So my lipo 2S battery doesn't fit?

Crius 12-01-2021 08:08 AM

Your lipo will work fine, it's because the cells have different voltage ratings. A 6s nimh is supposed to be 7.2 volts, even though they are much higher when fully charged, and a 2s lipo is supposed to be 7.4 volts, even though they're about 8.4 when fully charged. Basically, Nimh and ni-cad use a different type of cell than lipo, li-ion, li-fe, Etc. And if you think batteries can be confusing, try researching small brushed motors. You need a freaking college education understand those things.