RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Classified section (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11700917-classified-section.html)

Crius 07-27-2022 01:50 AM

Classified section

I just checked the classified section and it seems to be working properly at last. I don't have any items up myself so I don't think anyone can accuse me of advertising, but I urge all of our members to start checking the RC tank classifieds at least once a week. You never know what kind of cool stuff you might find there.

sevoblast 07-27-2022 05:35 AM

All well and good, I've got a bunch of stuff to move over the summer and fall. Was in Hospital the other day for more tests. News is not good but oh well. I will be moving tome tanks and parts from time to time but I need to know how many of our fellow tankers live in Russia. Everything I have is in Krimu and with recent past experiences of sending parcels to SehSha, I'll only ship to Russia.

Crius 08-12-2022 01:36 AM

I've been checking on the classified section from time to time and I've seen guys posting new stuff, but for some reason on the main menu it still says the last post was on 4-17-18. I guess it only updates the last post if you respond to one of the ads? I also noticed there's a guy in Virginia that has a couple of Tamiya control units for sale, the basic two channel for movement only, but I'm wondering if those would be a good substitute for a saber tooth? If the Tamiya unit only controls throttle and steering it's doing pretty much the same job as a sabertooth, isn't it? Anyway, he's offering one for $50 or two for $80 and he'll even pay the shipping. That might be of interest to some of the tamiya guys.

Hope that helps. :cool:

RichJohnson 08-12-2022 08:45 AM

That’s a good price

Crius 08-13-2022 03:11 AM

I figured if anyone would know it would be you, Rich. ;)

Is that the unit that came with the first rc tiger tanks from tamiya? What do you think about the Sabretooth idea? Would one of these units make a good substitute for a saber tooth? It's definitely a better price, so if it would do the same job I might even be interested myself.

Markocaster 08-24-2022 05:39 PM

I just gave it a try and listed an item.

tankme 08-24-2022 10:31 PM

If this was about a month ago I would've bought it, but now I've already bought one.

Crius 09-21-2022 05:12 AM

Now, I am definitely not advertising for RC Bob, but I wanted to make sure that all of our Forum members know that he has a pretty good deal in classifieds. He has a 1/6 Dragon Sherman kit for $450, which is about the best price I've seen in a very long time. Trying to find one of those for under $500 is quite a task so if any of you have been looking for one of those this might be an opportunity. I'd buy it myself, but I already have the m5, plus two jeeps, plus three kubelwagens that I still haven't completed.

To the moderators: if it's not permissible for me to make sure all our members know about a deal like this please tell me here and I won't do it again. I really don't like the no advertising rule, and I still think we should have a sticky thread, but I never forget that I'm just a guest here so I try to follow all of the rules to the letter.

RC_BobM 09-21-2022 11:14 AM

Hi Gary, thanks for the reminder about the 1/6 Sherman kit. I've had it a long time and I already have one built and running as a RC tank. I'm not sure why I bought the second one? :p

I'd like to get rid of the Sherm kit as I need the space - for other tanks. Its a great kit and fun to RC - but it IS big! Nearly 3ft long.
Bob

Tankhobby 09-21-2022 03:00 PM

I bought three. One is an RC conversion the other two are on a shelf. When I saw them for a good price I couldn't resist. I actually thought about buying yours for a millisecond then I came to my senses. Three 1/6 Dragon kits and a 1/6 scale Vantex. I know one more would make a full platoon but my huge basemsnt is getting full!

Crius 09-22-2022 01:46 AM

Before they "fixed" the software the classified section worked pretty good, but now not so much. If you look it still says that the last post in classifieds was in 2018, even though I myself have made a couple of posts since then. I wish they would either get that fixed so it works the way it should, or let us have a sticky thread to buy & sell things to each other. The whole reason tanks have a separate classified section is because we're kind of a small niche and with our own section we don't get lost among all the airplanes and RC cars for sale, but if the system doesn't work right it really doesn't do us any good.

Markocaster 09-22-2022 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12744762)
Before they "fixed" the software the classified section worked pretty good, but now not so much. If you look it still says that the last post in classifieds was in 2018, even though I myself have made a couple of posts since then. I wish they would either get that fixed so it works the way it should, or let us have a sticky thread to buy & sell things to each other. The whole reason tanks have a separate classified section is because we're kind of a small niche and with our own section we don't get lost among all the airplanes and RC cars for sale, but if the system doesn't work right it really doesn't do us any good.

completely agree with Gary, the classified section was very useful, now it stinks, it would be a very helpful asset to have again

Tanque 09-22-2022 11:35 PM

I've gotten a relatively small number of views on my ads. Admittedly my prices aren't rock bottom so what I've sold I can
count on one hand but I'd have expected more views than what I see based on the perceived audience size of RCU.

I have to believe funds are tight with the economy as it is and a certain amount uneasiness in the air.

Jerry

Crius 09-23-2022 01:48 AM

The small number of views just might be because most guys know that the classified section isn't what it used to be and don't check it very often. When I saw Bob's Sherman up for sale I probably hadn't looked at the classified section for at least 10 days before that. Just one more reason that I think a sticky thread is the way to go.

Panzerpaul 09-23-2022 10:04 AM

I'll jump in and say that I hadn't checked classifieds all that much but it seems to be working just fine now. So I have just now added 4 new tank items for sale. PP

dgsselkirk 10-07-2022 08:29 PM

FYI So I posted my 4th annual DGS Military Hobby fall sale which had links to ebay items and information on other things. A day later my post got pulled and cancelled. As usual no information why...

RC_BobM 10-08-2022 09:18 AM

The adds seem to be "expired" after about a month. So kinda defeats the purpose. Not worth the effort to post really if it will just expire in a couple weeks anyway.
Bob

Panzerpaul 10-08-2022 09:09 PM

Yeah….. all of a sudden all 5 of my listings disappeared….. you’d think RCU could give you a warning or an option to renew !!!!!

Crius 10-09-2022 06:33 AM

This is another reason I keep pushing for a sticky thread. Of the sticky threads we have right now, only two of them have even been active this year. I'm sure if we had a sticky thread for selling things it would be a lot more active than that and then you wouldn't have to worry about them taking down your items, and it would also give a very good reference to go back a year or two and see what kind of prices things were going for. Since it's a sticky thread in the tank forum it's likely that only RC tankers will ever even see it. The airplane guys tend not to visit the tank Forum very often, which is one of the reasons that we first got a classified section. The few tank items for sale got lost among all the airplanes and off-road buggies. All it takes is for one of us to start a thread with a title something like, stuff for sale, and then one of the moderators to make it a sticky. Then we'd have a good place to communicate with each other for buying and selling and all the complaints we have right now about trying to buy and sell stuff here should disappear. But, nobody ever listens to me. :(

Crius 10-09-2022 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by dgsselkirk (Post 12746701)
FYI So I posted my 4th annual DGS Military Hobby fall sale which had links to ebay items and information on other things. A day later my post got pulled and cancelled. As usual no information why...

Dean, if you had links to stuff you were selling on eBay that's probably why they took it down. You've been here long enough to know that they're pretty strict about the no advertising rule on the main forum. I once posted a thread in which I merely mentioned that I was thinking about maybe selling a few items, I didn't give any specific items or prices, but just because I mentioned I was thinking about it that thread was taken down within 10 minutes and after some rather persistent inquiries I was told it was removed for violation of the no advertising rule. And that isn't the only time I've had that happen, all I've had to do is simply mention the word sell and bam, thread gone. Once again, this is why I keep pushing for a sticky thread.

Tanque 10-09-2022 12:36 PM

As some of you know I've had two ads up for items I wish to sell. It is mildly irritating to have to re-post these after a month. I
assume it's to re-enforce cleanup of unneeded ads after a certain time because most posters probably just post and forget them.

I must admit that I'm somewhat disappointed as to the low read-rate of these ads. If one believes some people in this, the tank forum there's 100s
of thousands of RC enthusiasts eager to snap up anything. The statistics show otherwise. Armor models, at least the not rote- toy versions aren't an
easy sell. I have Google analytics plugged into my site including the recently added 'for sale' page and while it's received a bunch of hits the number
of unique hits is relatively low. So I've had to readjust my expectations with regards to rc tank enthusiasm.

Jerry

Crius 10-10-2022 01:50 AM

First, I don't think we have anywhere near as many active members as we think we do. I'll be surprised if there are more than 100 to 150 guys that visit this forum more than once or twice a week. Also, the classified section has been so screwed up for so long that of the guys who do visit regularly most of them probably don't even check it. Just more reasons to dump the classified section and go with a simple sticky thread. That way you could easily see the last time someone posted anything. Right now if you look at the main menu it says no one has posted anything in classified since 2018. Does anybody else agree that we should have a sticky thread? Maybe some kind of petition we can present to the moderators?

Tanque 10-10-2022 07:09 AM

I'd agree to a sticky highlighting new for sale items but I doubt RCU will ever do it. Fist and foremost this is a commercial site
and why would they do anything to steer viewers away from their paid ads. You can bet your bippy that they're tracking
hits and views as a marketing tool to sell the space here; anything that dilutes that is just bad business.

Yup, the results, the numbers re-enforce my long standing belief that RC armor has been, is now and always will be a niche activity in a niche hobby.

Jerry

Crius 10-14-2022 01:51 AM

All this time I've been wishing for an active classified section, and now a guy has posted two beautiful armortek vehicles that I would really, really love to have and will probably never be able to afford. I guess it really is true, you should be careful what you wish for. :(

I thought about calling up Master Sergeant Mike and tipping him off on those ads, but he already has both of those vehicles! Man, I gotta figure out how to get myself into that guy's will. :p :rolleyes:

And Tanque, too. Wanna adopt a 61-year-old, Jerry? ;)

Tanque 10-14-2022 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Crius (Post 12747454)

And Tanque, too. Wanna adopt a 61-year-old, Jerry? ;)

That depends.... have any totally hot single younger sisters?

Yuk, yuk.....

Too bad on the Armortek halftrack and PaK 43.... I already have those... as well as the Sd Kfz 7 and FlaK 36

Jerry