RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Heng Long Airsoft Upgrades (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/5092317-heng-long-airsoft-upgrades.html)

swathdiver 12-08-2006 09:07 PM

Heng Long Airsoft Upgrades

Well I made a nice well thought out post but I took too long and lost it! Arrgghhhh!!!

I've reached the limit on how to make the airsoft units more powerful. About 200fps and can break a paintball reliably against a hard verticle surface from 13 feet.

I think it's time we get ideas together to design an all new gun. Or has that already been done? Didn't someone recently mention that here?

If not, then how about a unit optimized for paintball (who wants their $300-$3000 tank shot full of holes?) say for a range of 25-30 feet. We'd utilize 6.04mm brass airsoft barrels, possibly larger motors, like the 180, 300 or even the 380 drive motors, try to use existing piston assemblies, etc. I would not use a hopup feature because of the paintballs and the desire for flat shooting trajectories. Everything's open for discussion and trials of course! This gun could be made from common materials or we could pay someone to produce them once the prototype is settled on.

What do you all think?

Amuro 12-08-2006 09:15 PM

RE: Heng Long Airsoft Upgrades

If it can be done relatively cheap then I'm game[sm=thumbup.gif].

schutzstaffel 12-09-2006 04:08 AM

how much would that shooting unit cost?

i would say that me i would be ready to pay about 20 to 28 $ for a unit that would pop easely a paint ball on an enemy tank at over(200 fps).
does the brass tube comes with it ?

shenlonco 12-09-2006 09:18 AM

Hi the only thing you can do is try getting the new marui electric glock 18c 245FPS airsoft gun...and try and put it into your tank... it will set you back 140.00 though....
Also i don't know why you say you don't want a hop up system ... i have like 20 Airsoft guns i use for target practice in my garage and the hop up system is what makes the BB shoot flat without it your bbs wonder up or down... most of my guns have an ajustable hop up this way you can adjust it to shoot the bbs flat for different wieght bbs you use.

Another option would be to try installing a cheap gas pistol around 40.00 you would get well over 300fps!!
but the gas will not work so good in cold weather...
Another factor is who knows how to get a pistol installed into the tank?? the hardest thing would be how to get the bbs to load into it.

swathdiver 12-09-2006 02:16 PM

How much would it cost? I don't know. How much are those laser systems? Cost is not the issue, coming up with the design is. As for the hopup, my limited experience with tanks and paintballs has shown that they do not compliment one another. Again, let's discuss it, test it and figure out a way to adjust it or build a fixed system.

shenlonco 12-09-2006 03:50 PM

thats because there is no hop up in Hen long tanks they only use a rubber seal o ring.
only Marui tanks use it and it's made for use with .12 bbs this is why when you put in a paint ball it's like .6 half the weight of a .12 so it will shoot upwards....
Now if you had an ajustable hop up you can adjust it for flatter flight.
Another thing is paint balls don't shoot accuratly because of how light they are... .12 bbs don't shoot acuratly this is why airsofters use .20 or .25 for even better acuracy

Wozwasnt 12-09-2006 07:29 PM

I've just ordered a VS gun to try out, what's it like compared to the HL one?

shenlonco 12-09-2006 08:24 PM

It's like 2 times the power!

swathdiver 12-09-2006 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Wozwasnt

I've just ordered a VS gun to try out, what's it like compared to the HL one?
The stock HL guns average 80fps, the VS units about 140fps. You can swap out all the guts and place them in your HL gun if you prefer not to modify the mounts for the same performance. The VS units are slightly wider on one side and do not fit without modification however, it's a simple matter to swap out the guts and even keep the barrel if you like.

shenlonco 12-09-2006 10:19 PM

James just curious if you tested the stock VS unit or the VS unit with the HL barrel?

swathdiver 12-09-2006 11:20 PM

Yes, I've tested the units. However, I do not remember doing a test by swapping barrels. That wasn't important to me as I was already using 6.04mm brass airsoft barrels.

shenlonco 12-10-2006 09:23 AM

I don't get it so you tested them all with a 6.04mm barrel?
Then What's the FPS with a stock marui unit that is untuched?
to me it feels like its maybe more than 3 times the power of the stock HL gun... out of 5 hl tanks my strongest guns bairly shoot accross my yard and go over my fence ...my marui tanks shoot over the fence and look to travel about 3 to 4 times further after clearing the fence!

swathdiver 12-10-2006 01:33 PM

ORIGINAL: shenlonco

Then What's the FPS with a stock marui unit that is untuched?
About 140fps for VS, never tested Marui. Add about 30fps with the 6.04mm brass barrel.

Turbobearcat 12-10-2006 04:11 PM

James

where are you buying your 6.04 barrals.

swathdiver 12-10-2006 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Turbobearcat

James

where are you buying your 6.04 barrals.

eBay and once came across a someone selling one on an airsoft forum. I've purchased aluminum Mad Bull 6.03mm barrels too. These are too tight and the velocity loss is significant. I buy the 590mm brass Systema barrels, this way I can cut them down and make two guns. I correct length Pershing barrel is about 207mm and the Tiger is 234mm. I do not use the barrels hopup feature, it's cut off. I do not know and would like to know what the correct lengths should be for the Panther and Walker Bulldog.

Richard L. 02-28-2007 06:32 PM

Some people in other airsoft forums do not seem to like the Systema barrels for their inconsistency. I just bought some KM 6.04mm titanium barrels and will give them a shot. I also read good things about Prometheus 6.03mm reinforced aluminum alloy barrels.

Tommygun 02-28-2007 08:54 PM

How about track upgrades? Can you buy aftermarket plastic tracks to replace the rubber ones on the 1/24 HL tanks?

sweed50 03-02-2007 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recently ordered a Vs gun from Toyeast and installed it in my HL Pershing. The gun internals are the same size but not the motor & gearcase. So, i got rid of the HL barrel and broken receiver and the Vs barrel and receiver fit right in. Also used the Vs spring and it shoots hard. I also had to cut the Pershing outer barrel shorter. With the proportional mods and now the gun it is a great running tank although not scale due to the short barrel.

Harquebus 03-02-2007 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I don't know about that. Maybe cut the barrel a little shorter and you will have the perfect foundation for an M45 Pershing.

With the increased barrel diameter made to accomodate the 6mm airsoft gun barrel, I think it would look quite suitable as the 105mm M4 Howitzer-armed variant.

ORIGINAL: sweed50
I also had to cut the Pershing outer barrel shorter. With the proportional mods and now the gun it is a great running tank although not scale due to the short barrel.

swathdiver 03-02-2007 11:12 PM

The motor and gears are interchangeable. It's one side of the VS case that's wider, you can simply swap all the guts from the VS into your HL. If you want more power, lengthen the barrel, use an airsoft barrel cut to 207mm or so if you want an accurate length.

geoffg1 03-03-2007 08:46 AM

Without butchering my vs tiger, where can i get a vs or marui bb unit from?

swathdiver 03-04-2007 08:40 AM

[link=http://www.toyeast.com/v3/catproductlist.asp?cat_id=1571&clvl=4]VsTank PRO M1A2 ABRAMS RC TANK AIRSOFT BARREL MECHANISM DESERT STORM [/link]

Richard L. 03-04-2007 09:44 AM

Instead of going with the VS unit, wouldn't replacing the spring and barrel sufficient?

irongutz 03-04-2007 10:43 AM

does anybody have a chrono on the vs guns to see what they shoot right out of the box?

Richard L. 03-04-2007 02:02 PM

I have a GUARDER SP2000 chrono coming and will measure stock fps. I think it depends on the gun and spring. Not all stock guns are the same.