RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Why no Ebay auctions?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/5925009-why-no-ebay-auctions.html)

shadopilot 05-31-2007 06:36 AM

Why no Ebay auctions??

I bought all of my RC tanks and accesories on Ebay. If it wasnt for Ebay I would not have discovered this hobby. I posted an Ebay auction a here a while back and it got pulled. Yesterday somebody posted an interesting custom HL Jagdpanther and it got pulled too. I dont understand this. I'm a member on several internet forums and they all ENCOURAGE Ebay auctions to be posted. One of the forums actualy has a seperate section to post auctions to make them easier to find. Its a busy place. There are things on Ebay that you simply cant get anywhere else.

mvigod 05-31-2007 06:57 AM

RE: Why no Ebay auctions??

Discussoin forums are not for posting sale or auction ads of any kind. There are cases where auctions can be referenced in posts though and you can read our rules regarding when appropriate.

We have our own rcu marketplace http://www.rcuniverse.com/market for buying and selling too but also those are containted to that area. We dont' use discussion forums to place/list ads here.

shadopilot 05-31-2007 08:51 AM

10/4. To bad because referencing an Ebay auction in a post can lead to lots of interesting things.

Dugster 05-31-2007 08:52 AM

I am not sure I understand. Yesterday we were poking fun at an item listed on eBay and sort of warning others to beware of potential false advertising. No one was trying to promote or sell items. Why was this one pulled? Is just mentioning eBay bad?

The_Stuff 05-31-2007 09:21 AM

not like there is a ton of tank ads in the market place.

Bauer66 05-31-2007 09:27 AM

It would be nice to referance ebay, But Rules are Rules. I do alot of Tank selling as well as Buying on the bay. Its a great scource for the hard to find and extinct tanks and Parts out there. This hobby is still very small when compared to Planes and cars etc, so the more exposure the better. However its not that hard to make a search list of everything you might want to find and just look them up there with out relying on post space here.
Maybe more people here will start listing in the RC market place soon, I know I will be.

shadopilot 05-31-2007 10:50 AM

I didnt mean posting ads for the purpose of selling something. The custom HL Jagdpanther that got pulled yesterday was interesting...and funny! It looked more like a Jagdpanzer Hetzer. I will of course go by the rules and not post any Ebay listings.

uhu 05-31-2007 11:15 AM

I find this rule a nonsense, but of course I'll respect it, rules are rules [8D]
In Panzerketten we have a thread dedicated solely to eBay finds, and sometimes the posts develop into humorous ones, or just plainly informative. My intention posting the link to the Jagd-Hetzer was none other than amusement....
Regards
Jose

Richard L. 05-31-2007 11:31 AM

The problem is the eBay listings posted here could potentially be your own listings to gain more exposure. Since your eBay screen name might be different than here, we have no way of telling if you are just referring to an item or trying to promote/sell your product.

Dangerous Dan 05-31-2007 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Richard L.

The problem is the eBay listings posted here could potentially be your own listings to gain more exposure. Since your eBay screen name might be different than here, we have no way of telling if you are just referring to an item or trying to promote/sell your product.
And this is a problem because

123Splat 05-31-2007 11:52 AM

Dangerous,

1) it is 'the rules'
2) this is supposed to be a 'Discussoin forum'
3) there is a seperate marketplace for RCU
4) it is still 'the rules', and
5) the rules are for everyboddy.

You can like 'em, or not, but you still have to follow them......

Splat

The_Stuff 05-31-2007 12:00 PM

ok, thought of something. the 'plug for your auction'.

what about expired auctions? i imagine those will still count.

Dangerous Dan 05-31-2007 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: 123Splat

Dangerous,

1) it is 'the rules'
2) this is supposed to be a 'Discussoin forum'
3) there is a seperate marketplace for RCU
4) it is still 'the rules', and
5) the rules are for everyboddy.

You can like 'em, or not, but you still have to follow them......

Splat
1) That Don't make it right
2) We are discussing e-bay auctions about tanks
3) That don't make it right
4) Actually its not a rule its a stipulation if you use the forum you must not etc... That don't make it right

The only thing in life you have to do is be born and Die the rest is optional

Is there a rule about discussing rules

bhop73 05-31-2007 03:29 PM

How's that a problem? If the member that's posting is a regular poster and not someone with 1 or 2 posts, then I don't see why it's a big deal. Hypothetically, if I had a tank that i'd spent lots of time building and modifying i'd want it to go to someone that would appreciate it for what it is. What better place than a forum with people with similar interests, where people that you may know can benefit from it. Letting actual community members post their auctions would be nice.. but I suppose it's just laz.. uhh.. easier to weed out the spammers by banning all the ads.

Dangerous Dan 05-31-2007 03:31 PM

Its likely not to discourage spammers. Its likely more to encourage the usage of RCU Marketplace for selling RC Related Items. E-bay is a competator. That is why when you post a link to certain other discussion boards it gets blanked out.

BIGMIG 05-31-2007 04:12 PM

Removed.

Richard L. 05-31-2007 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Dangerous Dan

2) We are discussing e-bay auctions
This is the place to discuss about RC Tanks, not about e-Bay auctions.

It's easy for actual community members to post their auctions here: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/category.cfm?catID=178]Tank Classified Ads[/link]
It's just a click away from this forum where people with similar interests can easily go to.

Dangerous Dan 05-31-2007 04:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Dangerous Dan

2) We are discussing e-bay auctions

It's easy for actual community members to post their auctions here: [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/category.cfm?catID=178]Tank Classified Ads[/link]
It's just a click away from this forum where people with similar interests can easily go to.

Thanks for pointing that out I corrected my post

Perry S. 05-31-2007 04:19 PM

There should be some exceptions. For instance, what about those Flying Colors paint balls we are all looking for and can't find. If there was an auction or a site that sold them I would hope someone would be able to post a link.

uhu 05-31-2007 04:37 PM

Hi Pscartozzi
Just a quick search:
http://www.airgunexpress.com/Paintba...10-90-6600.htm
I don't know if it what you are looking for..
Cheers

shadopilot 05-31-2007 04:57 PM

I still think its wrong not to be allowed to post auctions. Nothing will change my mind. Most forums have no problem with it. If a spammer drops in he gets blocked. I will follow the rules at this website.

shadopilot 05-31-2007 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: uhu

I find this rule a nonsense, but of course I'll respect it, rules are rules [8D]
In Panzerketten we have a thread dedicated solely to eBay finds, and sometimes the posts develop into humorous ones, or just plainly informative. My intention posting the link to the Jagd-Hetzer was none other than amusement....
Regards
Jose
My point exactly!! Thanks bro!

heavyaslead 06-01-2007 07:16 AM

A good point was brought up earlier, Is reference to an Expired auction still considered Selling?

rctanks 06-01-2007 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: heavyaslead

A good point was brought up earlier, Is reference to an Expired auction still considered Selling?
here is another interesting one for fellow tanker to read about rcu rules:
[link=http://tomsrctanks.com/RCUproblem.asp]http://tomsrctanks.com/RCUproblem.asp[/link]

shadopilot 06-01-2007 09:34 AM

Wonder how long for that post with the link to get pulled. Interesting read. I have an IMAI Elephant. I plan on cutting up 2 Solido diecast Tigers so I can add an extended metal lower hull, axles and metal tracks.