RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   "21st Century" line to return to "Toys R Us" ! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/6018170-%2221st-century%22-line-return-%22toys-r-us%22.html)

killick64 06-21-2007 08:40 PM

"21st Century" line to return to "Toys R Us" !

Check this out:

The 1:18 XD (Extreme Detail) line is still going strong and there is at lest a hint that "R/C" products will be available. More "Figures" will certainly be welcome....!

[link=http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area21/articles.asp?newsID=266]21st Century Returns to Toys R US[/link]

b.bullfrog 06-22-2007 07:08 AM

RE: "21st Century" line to return to "Toys R Us" !

So anyone seen the half track with the quad on it or the 88mm artillery piece?

ArmChairGeneral 06-22-2007 07:52 AM

An 88 would be cool but this isn't bad either:
http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area2...asp?newsID=265

The_Stuff 06-22-2007 10:20 AM

those trailers are awesome! I know a guy in town that has one *without the guns* and uses it for hauling shingles. the front set of wheels i think are 24" rims/wheels and the rear set are 20 or 22's. then there is a wheel crank at a corner that you can crank tight and it actually locks up the suspension. then they unhook the trailer, drive away, and it sits there perfectly. wheel brake and all.

I miss seeing the huge tanks at toys r us. i remember they were 3-400 range but they must have been 1/8 or 1/6th scale. i might actually get one if they do come back.

upon closer look i see its a bit different of a trailer. guy i know has a howitzer trailer.

killick64 06-22-2007 08:53 PM

Just out of curiosity--has anyone else discovered the "detailed fighting compartment" inside their 21st Century 1:18 (static) TIger???

pattoncommander 06-25-2007 09:26 PM

hey Bulfrog, the M-16 1/2 track is on the 21 century web site. They are nice. Last I saw the 88, it had a hefty price.

raimian 06-26-2007 06:06 AM

i wonder if they will be stocking them at the Toys R' Us in the UK, as that would make getting some nice models for conversion even easyer for us brits.

WhiteWolf McBride 06-27-2007 06:24 AM

I have to assume they mean US only, as the Canadian Toys'R'Us has dropped the Dragon figures and almost all their R/C vehicles (apart from a few crappy Nikko/Nkok type boats and jeeps)

I have yet to find ANY Canadian store that carries the Dragon/21C other 1/18 items. Add to that many of the eBay sellers will NOT ship to Canada, which means we have to have a friend buy them for us in the US and then brown-wrapper ship them to us. That or order off HLJ and pay the increased shipping, and then the taxes and duty as it comes through Customs.

Guess there is a balance there of a sort... we have Mato, you got the Dragon XD & 21C suppliers.

The_Stuff 06-27-2007 10:03 AM

so true there White Wolf.

anyone remember what they did stock years ago? that must have been bout 10 years ago give or take 2-3. all i remember was they were freaking huge and 400 bucks. no clue on brand or make.

karma99 06-27-2007 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: raimian

i wonder if they will be stocking them at the Toys R' Us in the UK, as that would make getting some nice models for conversion even easyer for us brits.
I've almost given up with Toys Arse.. everytime I'm near one I go in hoping that I'll find a treasure trove of items that can be used for 1/16'esque tanks... everytime I just find junk! You yanks don't know how lucky you are [:o]

killick64 06-27-2007 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: The_Stuff

so true there White Wolf.

anyone remember what they did stock years ago? that must have been bout 10 years ago give or take 2-3. all i remember was they were freaking huge and 400 bucks. no clue on brand or make.
"Toys R Us" here in Winnipeg carried the 1/6 GI Joe line from Hasbro (as well as the little 3 3/4 inch "Cobra Joes" ). Then they picked up the 21st Century 1/6 scale line of "Ulimate Soldier" action figures and accessories plus the Bradley FV and Stuart Tanks in 1/6 scale along with a Jeep, Kubelwagen, German Zundapp (?) Motorcycle and Kettenkrad. They also carried 1/18 scale German Soldiers, American Soldiers, the Tiger I, Panther, Sherman and Bulldog tanks. along with a number of 1/18 scale Aircraft

As far as I know they never carried any of the Dragon Line, in any scale --that was mainly handled by Militatia shops like our "Tiger Hobbies".

If 21st makes a "deal" with Toys R Us USA, then if we're "lucky" --Toys R Us Canada will get the "overflow" --That seems to be what happened with the NASCAR stuff back the in 90's. Now it's a "Staple"....

So let's all us Candians "Keep an Eye Out" and let each other know what's happening. My bet is Toronto will get the stuff first....Us Westerners will get the "leavin's"......:D

Keep on Trackin'--
Paul McD.

The_Stuff 06-27-2007 11:15 PM

I dont know for sure when i will be getting up to Regina again. That is the closes toys r us. Saskatoon has a really "unique" way to get to the store involving have to pay to park... anyhow. it was most likely a bradley. if i remember right they were rc, but might not be. man that would be fun to make a 1/6th into rc.

killick64 06-28-2007 07:40 AM

Neither the Bradley nor the Stuart were RC'd at first. None of the 1/18 were, either...but the detail on them was really fantastic. (I "found" the Tiger's Fighting Compartment when I took the tank apart for painting.)

21st DID "R/C" the 1/6 Stuart much, much later (we never got it here) but it apparently "had issues". A private "Customizer" was selling an R/C'd version of the 1/6 Jeep --but 21st hit him with a "Cease and Desist" order. The Panzer IV in 1/18 was also R/C'd, but that's another one we "never got".

Tamiya was the only company at that time offering a "commercially available" R/C'd tank. (I had their Sherman. Leopard and Tiger II. I'd of kept them all if I'd know you could get a spped control for them. Naturally I didn't learn about that till after I'd sold them...No "computers" or Forums then, or I'd still have them! ).

Keep on Trackin'--

Paul McD.

The_Stuff 06-28-2007 09:45 AM

well all i remember was that the tank was huge. box had to be 3-4 feet long and 2 feet deep. sometimes i wish i had bought one.