RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   HL tiger I plastic tracks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/6613433-hl-tiger-i-plastic-tracks.html)

fubar107 11-12-2007 07:46 AM

HL tiger I plastic tracks

does anyone have some track links they would be willing to sell ?
Thanks
Ron

swathdiver 11-12-2007 12:51 PM

RE: HL tiger I plastic tracks

Had some links break? How many are you looking for? They'll always break, go with metal and never look back!

Aslvrfrost98csvt 11-12-2007 01:01 PM

pm me with you address ill send you what i can

fubar107 11-12-2007 05:39 PM

PM sent

fubar107 11-12-2007 05:43 PM

I just need a few so I can put the track back together

Aslvrfrost98csvt 11-12-2007 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
how many do you need and do you want rusted or black:D

fubar107 11-12-2007 07:16 PM

Black will be fine, whatever you can spare :)

wackywheelz 11-12-2007 09:54 PM

I dunno how you guys manage it (well, actually i do) -- I've never broken a plastic link, lost a pin or nothing, but then I dont jump mine off stuff or ram into low steps

I've even had a screwdriver make it halfway around the sprocket, still didnt break anything.

fubar107 11-12-2007 10:19 PM

I bought this tank used, and of course :eek: the first time I took it outside it broke the track. oh well

Aslvrfrost98csvt 11-12-2007 10:32 PM

ive never lost a link these are just tthe tracks from the tigers that ive upgraded to metal tracks.

arhumphreys 11-13-2007 04:02 AM

Ive had a few tracks off to paint and have found partially broken links that would not last long on brand new tracks, I think these could be the cause of some breakages. I agree tho, I have not had any good links break. They seem reasonably strong {plastic]

swathdiver 11-13-2007 01:53 PM

If you're not breaking things, you aint running your tanks hard enough! I've broken metal end connectors on my Pershing! Couldn't drive the first Tiger without busting at least 1 or 2 links every couple of hours, had to switch to metal. It's no fun being 200-300 yards from the car in a mucky field and bust a track and have to carry the thing through the mud all the way back!

blitzkrieg65 11-14-2007 10:46 PM

I have to agree with swathy on that one! How don't you break those plastic tracks they are so cheap! If someone built a new mold they coube be better but right now they are designed to break, its worth it to go all metal! But do it right, break the motors using D-cell outside the tanks, breakin the gear box mayn positng on that, i don't think that I have recieved a gear box that did not have some little flaw that if you don't correct, it can cause worse damage down the road! After you get all the metal on the tracks and running gear themselves will break in after a while you may need to take a link out after a while! Its a tank, you run it hard you inspected it, and you maintenance it, and it keeps running strong. And it all works together if your tracks, sproket, wheels and idlers to the gear box and the motors aren't running correctly then you going to smoke the board next!

Long answer The blitz