RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Who here owns just one tank? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/6783639-who-here-owns-just-one-tank.html)

swathdiver 12-20-2007 05:39 PM

Who here owns just one tank?

It is my contention that nobody who enjoys the RC tank hobby will own just one tank for more then a few weeks. The exceptions are kids who have limited access to funds.

What say you?

I've bought and sold about 20, and currently have 12.

Aslvrfrost98csvt 12-20-2007 05:51 PM

RE: Who here owns just one tank?

i have 5 tigers 1 abrams 1 leopard 2 a6 1 t-72 on preorder and im getting a tamiya tank for xmas. my son is getting 2 vs mini tanks for xmas my daughter has a 1/30 hl sheraman that she wants to be painted pink camo

hdbeast 12-20-2007 05:57 PM

:D I only have ONE tank, ONE Pershing, ONE Panzer III, ONE T34/85, ONE Bulldog, ONE Sherman, and ONE Tamiya King Tiger still in the box.:D:D

Miggers 12-20-2007 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've just got my Tiger at the mo,but that's only because a guy at work saw my HL Abrams and pestered me to sell it to him.

kagero43 12-20-2007 06:09 PM

I have ONE HL Panzer III, with a TAMIYA PANTHER (under the tree). Now you guys do the math: I jsut got into this last November and I now have TWO!!! :)

borabora22 12-20-2007 06:13 PM

I am hoping to get my first. Does that count. Looking for a sherman Tamiya. I am hoping after Christmas I can find a better deal.

JerB 12-20-2007 06:16 PM

I have 2 tigers, 2 panzer 3's , 2 bulldogs , 1 pershing, 1 panther ;)

- Jeremy

gww 12-20-2007 06:30 PM

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

It is my contention that nobody who enjoys the RC tank hobby will own just one tank for more then a few weeks. The exceptions are kids who have limited access to funds.

What say you?

You may be correct for the sort of obsessives (yes, I'm one) who bother to post on a forum like this, but that must be a small sample of the total customer population for, say for example, Heng Long, otherwise they'd be out of business already. There may be lots of people with just one, who maybe get it as a gimmicky present, then get bored with it after a few goes and put it away in a cupboard, but they probably won't read the contention with which you started the thread.
Geoff

shelden3 12-20-2007 06:45 PM

I have one each of the following:

1-Tamiya Tiger I status completed

1-Tamiya Sherman status : in assembly plant waiting on works to begin this will be a 76w variant with cast hull

1-offbrand 1/16?? M1A1 status: blown electronics sitting in box.

So I have one right??

shenlonco 12-20-2007 07:22 PM

:D Sold a lot of em maybe 10 or so bought more have
tamiya= KT and sherman FO
HL, tiger, panther ,2 walkers,M26,PZR III
motarro, sturmtiger
1/24 Marui, tiger I, Abrams, custom chopped up Abrams my own new tank desighn!
1/24 marui LEO A5 F/O hen long S&S upgrade and a marui Abrams also with S&S upgrade
1/24 VS tiger I, Leo A6, Abrams
Radio shack mini Tiger I

:DWOW 17 tanks!!

chaman 12-20-2007 07:40 PM

Well I have only one. I just started in this since contemplating to get one for a long time. So far i love it and can see more tanks in the future. I prefer german tanks though.

wackywheelz 12-20-2007 09:31 PM

One tank? LOL

Big scale -

1/16 HL Pershing S&S
1/16 WSN T-34/85 S&S
1/15 Bandai Hummel
1/16 HL Tiger S&S
1/16 Trumpeter T-34/76
1/12 M1A2 (w/HL circuit boards)
1/15 Glencoe Walker Bulldog
1/12 M113 *scratchbuilt*

Another gutted HL Tiger and HL Panther on the way for future projects (and molding spares)

...Not counting the other 100+ tanks in my house (most 1/35 models, but some diecast 1/72's)

WhiteWolf McBride 12-20-2007 10:16 PM

Just one? Well, way back in the 80's... yea.

First the old 560o4 King Tiger with re-fitted track guards (coke cans) and it got sold, then ordered a Leo 1A4, and sold it off to HK (via Rec.models.RC.land)

Then Tamiya put the DMD's out... and I got eBay...
- one Sherman 56014 (still own)
- one each used Leopard & Gepard (both sold to Hawaii)
- two used 56004 King Tigers (sold)
- one 56007 KT Porsche (sold)
- one static Tiger w/ Aber (eBay'd)
- one DMD-basic'd Pershing (still own)
- three used Leopard 1A4's (still own 2)
- three Kyosho LAV's
- and one Walker Bulldog inbound.

- three partial 1/25 Panther kits for halftracks
- one 8x8 chassis (Robbe Panther) for a tank transporter

pcomm1 12-20-2007 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

What say you?

Below are the Tamiya 1/16 tanks I have built and or owned. Currently, I have 3 tanks (Tamiya Panther, Sherman and Tiger I) with one in the mail.

I got into RC tanks during the summer of 2004, so it is still kinda of new to me, after attending TamiyaCon and seeing SCAT for the first time.

Prior to that I collected every 40's & 50's era Military Dinky Toys (all mint), 70's to present Solido tanks and built and collected 1/35 fine scale armor. Almost 200 tanks.

I was off work for a long while, so I had some time to build and discover methods to make the rc kits perform better.

I do a crafted kit build in about 14 to 15 days, but paint takes a lot longer.

I sell off projects I have lost interest in and move on.

The build, above driving and fighting, is the most enjoyable part for me.

And watching the middle school age kids take no prisoners against the dads is also good fun.

The non-f/o DMD KT was my first test of the waters.

I should be released from model tank rehab before Christmas.:D

pcomm1 12-20-2007 11:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

What say you?

Below are the Tamiya 1/16 tanks I have built and or owned. Currently, I have 3 tanks (Tamiya Panther, Sherman and Tiger I) with one in the mail.

I got into RC tanks during the summer of 2004, so it is still kinda of new to me, after attending TamiyaCon and seeing SCAT for the first time.

Prior to that I collected every 40's & 50's era Military Dinky Toys (all mint), 70's to present Solido tanks and built and collected 1/35 fine scale armor. Almost 200 tanks.

I was off work for a long while, so I had some time to build and discover methods to make the rc kits perform better.

I do a crafted kit build in about 14 to 15 days, but paint takes a lot longer.

I sell off projects I have lost interest in and move on.

The build, above driving and fighting, is the most enjoyable part for me.

And watching the middle school age kids take no prisoners against the dads is also good fun.

The non-f/o DMD KT was my first test of the waters.

I should be released from model tank rehab before Christmas.:D
Before RC tanks, 1/35 scale:

Rambeast 12-21-2007 12:49 AM

It all started fro me when I wanted to relive my childhood and purchase a Radio Shack tank I had as a child. I convinced my woman that the HL Pershing would be a nice consolation since I couldn't find one. After I got it I had way too much fun and started doind some research. Well here I am today with 8 or 9 tanks listed below.

1 Radio Shack Sherman
1 HL Pershing
1 HL Tiger
1 HL Abrams
1 Mauri Abrams
3 or 4 Megatech Megatanks (after moving I haven't unpacked everything:D)
Needless to say I have been scoping out more deals and have been sweet talkin the woman trying to make her believe that this will be the last one ;);)

Brock

kurtmeyer 12-21-2007 01:41 AM

well here is my tank collection

1 TAMIYA FF SHERMAN
1 TAMIYA FF PERSHING
1 TAMIYA FF KING TIGER
1 TAMIYA FF PANTHER-WITH ALL IMPACT UPGRADES
1 TAMIYA LEOPARD 2A6(STILL NEW IN BOX)
NEXT YEAR JADGPANTHER..TAMIYA

my first tamk i built was a 1/35 scale testors patton m48......my dad was tank gunner in the Korean War.....
i guess the tank bug bit me in the butt.....
sometimes i show my dad my finished tanks,,,he does not like to see them...i guess the wars were rough on him...he was in both Korean and Vietnam wars....

kurtmeyer 12-21-2007 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: shelden3

I have one each of the following:

1-Tamiya Tiger I status completed

1-Tamiya Sherman status : in assembly plant waiting on works to begin this will be a 76w variant with cast hull

1-offbrand 1/16?? M1A1 status: blown electronics sitting in box.

So I have one right??

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEO 2A6?

The_Stuff 12-21-2007 03:10 AM

I have:
1 Pershing
1 Panzer 3
1 Tiger desert camo.

incoming is a bulldog. been thinking of selling the desert tiger. it has been a shelf queen and i don't know why... (metal gears and wheels and drive sprockets)

pattoncommander 12-21-2007 09:06 AM

1;16
2 Tiger 1's; early & mid prod
1 Tam Sherman 105
4 Pershing variants; 26, 26A1, 45, Super P
4 Pz III variants; L, F, N, Sig 33
3 T-34's; 85, 76, burned
1 M-41A3
1 Japanese type 97 Shinhoto Chi Ha (from Pz III)

1;18
3 Sherman variants; 75, 76, 105/w flame gun (static)
1 M-41A1 (static)
4 Pz IV variants; H/F1, E, D, befehlsPz.
1 Panther G (static)
1 US M-16 halftrack (static)
5 Sdk 251 variants; 22, 9, 7, 1 , 1 Funkwagen (static)

1/6 M-5A1 Stuart

Looking for parts to build a SU-76i, Stu G and Russian SU-85 or 100
:D:D:D $$$$[&o]

jay612 12-21-2007 09:07 AM

I have two Tigers and 1 Panzer III. I think a Pershing will be next with a Tiger II down the road.Merry Christmas everyone!:)

tailend charlie 12-21-2007 12:16 PM

Just bought a Tamiya Sherman for my son as a Christmas present, but looking at the Tamiya Tiger 1 for me and I am sure it won't stop there.:D Unless the wife sees the prices[X(]

pattoncommander 12-21-2007 02:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I started with a Pershing.:eek: But I like modelling and converting to other models. ;) Ever get a fungus under your toenail? Know how it spreads and ya can't get rid of it?[&:]
RC tanks are like that. :D:D:D

blitzkrieg65 12-21-2007 02:34 PM

Ok I have to chime in...

2 HL Pershings 1 metal, 1 plastic

1 HL Panzer III metal except tracks

1 HL PanTiger Full metal Jacket

1 Mattoro KING TIGER

1 Tiger 1 Build in Progress Full Metal, Full EL MOD instide including IR Battle unit ( CSI )

1 Large credit card bill, and I am starting a Tankers Anonymous!!! [sm=teeth_smile.gif]

The Blitz

pattoncommander 12-21-2007 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
whoops...got one twice..this is my hobby room wall.