RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   TAMIYA JAGDPANTHER BUILD PHOTOS/CAMO PICS ADDED (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/6828715-tamiya-jagdpanther-build-photos-camo-pics-added.html)

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 09:39 PM

TAMIYA JAGDPANTHER BUILD PHOTOS/CAMO PICS ADDED

1 Attachment(s)
well,Construction is complete..and here is the build,step by step...next will be to airbrush the camo and add all the fine details..Awesome Kit..I found no problems ...runs perfect..Tamiya did very well with this one...

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 09:45 PM

RE: Tamiya JagdPanther Build Photos

1 Attachment(s)
more

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 09:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

Leo2A6 Owner 12-30-2007 09:53 PM

More we need more!:D

Would it be safe to say that the imrovements in this drivetrain would be found in newer panther kits?

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 09:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 09:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
more

PoisonPorkChop 12-30-2007 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
last

crxsidan85 12-30-2007 11:52 PM

wow the new tamiya is impressive. thanks for the pictures.

blitzkrieg65 12-31-2007 02:02 AM

Hey PoisonPorkchop that looks like it it coming along nicely! Thanks for the all the Photos, it neat to see the process of the Tamiya build going all the way through. After seeing Duane from DAK Panther and battling aginst it, it is a sweet machine! My first Tamiya was going to be the Sherman, but I don't know after seeing the Panther up close!?;)

Well look forward to the painting and the Porkchop special touches to come!

The Blitz

PoisonPorkChop 12-31-2007 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Leo2A6 Owner

More we need more!:D

Would it be safe to say that the imrovements in this drivetrain would be found in newer panther kits?
Hello Leo2A6,
yes I would say that Tamiya has corrected any problem it may have had with the drivetrain.This kit went together flawlessly and works and runs perfect....And it just might be my new favorite :D

kurtmeyer 12-31-2007 10:43 AM

RE: TAMIYA JAGDPANTHER BUILD PHOTOS

damn that is awesome tough tank chop.....how is the sound form the MF-4...any difference from the MF-1?

Panther F 12-31-2007 10:57 AM

She's a beauty PoisonPorkChop! Any decisions on paint?

PoisonPorkChop 12-31-2007 10:58 AM

Hey Kurt,
Its the same as the Panther because they both used the same engine..one thing that is different is that there is no sound for the gun transverse.That is because it was not motor driven on the real one ,it was hand cranked.it has the sound its suppose too...you hear the turning of the gears...the transverse and the gun elevation are/use the same unit....the only note I have is that ..the directions for the kit MUST be followed exactly...it is a very well made kit..no corners cut in my view. :D

PoisonPorkChop 12-31-2007 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Panther F

ahhh...Tamiya gives you three versions to do but ,Im gonna do the 121....it was reported to have seen combat during the Ardennes...so it will go good with my Panther(also reported to have seen combat there)..I will be starting the Camo/Paint now and will have it done soon....will post pics here in a couple of days...:D

Panther F 12-31-2007 11:18 AM

Cool. I like your choice! :D

I'd probably would have done the same.

pcomm1 12-31-2007 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: PoisonPorkChop

ahhh...Tamiya gives you three versions to do but ,Im gonna do the 121....it was reported to have seen combat during the Ardennes...so it will go good with my Panther(also reported to have seen combat there)..I will be starting the Camo/Paint now and will have it done soon....will post pics here in a couple of days...:D

Very cool build, the earlier exhaust system and engine grill vent parts are a really nice addition to the kit.

Are you going to add a TBU and any thought to where you will place the emitter?

I am considering mounting it in the barrel.

Happy New Years, John

PoisonPorkChop 12-31-2007 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

Very cool build, the earlier exhaust system and engine grill vent parts are a really nice addition to the kit.

Happy New Years, John
Happy New Year to you and your family my friend.......well ..no ..I dont have the TBU's for any of my tanks BUT...I am sorta thinking of it...is it hard to add it to a already built kit?? also Im the only one who I know around here who runs them so ..I guess I could "Fight" or "Ambush" myself......
Looking forward to your build and all the add on's you include ..Im just a "Stock" kinnda guy....when you do your build Please share it with us here...Thank You:)

SCAT PATTON 12-31-2007 12:42 PM

Congrats pork Chop!

Nice build photos and review -Thanks!

Hi John - if I was building one, I would place the emitter in the barrel. With a tank destroyer you will need to conceal your self in cover and use the long barrel to punch through the shrubs and trees. Just my thoughts any way.

Panther F 12-31-2007 01:27 PM

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

Happy New Years, John
Happy New Year to you and your family my friend.......well ..no ..I dont have the TBU's for any of my tanks BUT...I am sorta thinking of it...is it hard to add it to a already built kit?? also Im the only one who I know around here who runs them so ..I guess I could "Fight" or "Ambush" myself......
Looking forward to your build and all the add on's you include ..Im just a "Stock" kinnda guy....when you do your build Please share it with us here...Thank You:)

I know it's not too hard to add the battle system to a Sherman, but the Pershing is another story. [>:]

The Jagdpanther should be pretty easy since you have no turret to fight and it's wide open except for the recoil/elevation unit.

kurtmeyer 12-31-2007 03:49 PM

hey chop,there are great pics in the big book the history of the 654....the jadgpanther and the elephant...

pcomm1 12-31-2007 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: SCAT PATTON

Congrats pork Chop!

Nice build photos and review -Thanks!

Hi John - if I was building one, I would place the emitter in the barrel. With a tank destroyer you will need to conceal your self in cover and use the long barrel to punch through the shrubs and trees. Just my thoughts any way.

The Daryl Turner gearbox mount brace and 2 metal elevation arms arrived (the only mods for this build) and Steve (SCAT Patton) pointed me in the right direction for a TBU, so I am good to start building.

After reading these posts, the emitter is now in the barrel, about 4 inches back from the end of the barrel, is that about right?

Gave up the flash though. I painted the inside of the barrel flat black and I am using museum tack putty to hold the wires in place, so if necessary I can do easy adjustment and any maintenance.

By the way, I added the TBU to my Panther after the fact (no real dis-assembly issues and I did not break anything, which is always good). Now I am considering going back in and putting the emitter in the barrel.

Right now the emitter is clipped to the barrel, which doesn't bother me, because the thing sticking out of the hatch kinda overwhelmed everything else.:)

The plan is to slide the flash out, run a string down the barrel and pull the emitter on in.

John

kurtmeyer 12-31-2007 06:46 PM

hey chop...what happened to the other engine screens on the right side?

pcomm1 12-31-2007 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: kurtmeyer

hey chop...what happened to the other engine screens on the right side?

If I am reading the instructions correctly, the engine grill screens are "under" the 2 right side engine vent slats, the heavy bars, which is also how the right side screens assemble for the Panther G.