RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   HL warranty support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/7093725-hl-warranty-support.html)

ksoc 02-18-2008 02:17 AM

HL warranty support

What kind of warranty support have you gotten with you Heng Longs from Mato, TankZone, etc....?

wackywheelz 02-18-2008 03:41 AM

RE: HL warranty support

Most retailers give return/exchange depending on the fault of course, in most cases the buyer pays post back, unless they really hassle, but the retailer ships the replacement free. Unsure on time limits etc, but being an RC vehicle it wouldn't be for a long period - probably the retailers discretion.

As you can see by the web of HL forum support, there isnt much that can go wrong thats terminal, I mean "complete loss of tank". All components are available seperately and cheap, this is if the warranty fails you or the supplier cannot give the needed parts. All that said, if you drive your tank like a sane individual, and do the basics (break in gears, install a fan if using large capacity batteries... pray for RX14 board) then it will survive just fine for many years.

Planedev 02-18-2008 04:38 AM

As HLs are sold as toys locally, there is no warrenty on such items. Even if I got a HL tank dead out of the box, its up to me to repair it. Most retailers here will not replace the tanks for me.

wackywheelz 02-18-2008 04:47 AM

A lot of smaller retailers only get a few in to test the waters, or only ever have a few in stock. Obviously this is no good on any warranty claims etc. Hence it's always better to buy a large quantity (as a retailer) and have a couple as dedicated spares, just in case. Most get them from either reputable places, or ebay. Ebay has the whole feedback thing: bad tank, customer not happy, bad feedback. Sellers dont want this so they go out of their way to please. Non-local retail shops with a small non-dedicated online store can just say "you broke it, your prob".

Panzerfaust77 02-18-2008 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: ksoc

What kind of warranty support have you gotten with you Heng Longs from Mato, TankZone, etc....?

Is there a specific problem with your tank?

thomasjohnmurphy 02-18-2008 08:41 AM

I"ve found that the newer tanks are much more reliable than the older ones. If you end up buying from Matotoys they stand by their products and will replace the faulty item Iafter trying to trouble shoot with you). As well, with the easy access to spare parts and the assistance available on the internet (like the guys from RC Universe) any thing on a HL tank can be fixed.

gigantohawk 02-18-2008 02:40 PM

My 2 month old PZIII with not much use is failing fast now. I've e-mailed Tankzone, whom I bought it off, to hear their spin on the situation. I haven't got a reply yet but I live in hope. Irrespective of the outcome I'm hoping to fit RX14 boards. The tank has RX13's at the moment. Are these a compatable replacement and if so, will I need any additional items i.e. connectors etc. BTW I'm ok with soldering so that should be ok. I'm looking forward to a speedy solution whether I pay or not. I just hate having stuff that doesn't work. Especially as i'ts put the blockers on my hull repaint for the moment.

Nick.

swathdiver 02-18-2008 03:40 PM

I wouldn't worry about just getting an RX14 board. I haven't had a 13 fail since I put fans on them, even with Speed400 motors, except due to my error and I can break ANYTHING! :D