RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Stop the Stug III hull recoil (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/8102396-stop-stug-iii-hull-recoil.html)

gigantohawk 10-31-2008 02:51 PM

Stop the Stug III hull recoil

Gentlemen, I think I've seen a post somewhere whereby the hull recoil can be disabled by unplugging one of the connectors to the Rx18 board. If so which plug is it and will it still work when pushing the left stick up to fire the main gun.

Thanks,

Nick.

971wright 10-31-2008 05:18 PM

RE: Stop the Stug III hull recoil

Hi Nick its a shame the hull recoil is so harsh if it just rocked a little it would be great but I think when it recoils the shock to the gearbox causes to much strain so I to would like to disable it .

regards pete

YHR 11-01-2008 12:21 PM

I think it was the white and orange wired plug.

gigantohawk 11-01-2008 02:44 PM

I've tried unplugging the white/orange connector and yes it does stop the hull recoil when using the left transmitter stick, thanks. However, it also disables the maingun sound. So I've reconnected it and will just live with it until I get better electronics.

Thanks again,

Nick.

971wright 11-02-2008 07:29 AM

Hi Nick looks like a job for them electromagicians to get rid of one and leave the other will be fitting Dbc/Dbu to mine so I can disable the recoil on mine are you going to fit a battle unit in yours

regards pete

gigantohawk 11-02-2008 01:36 PM

To be honest, I think its the only way to go Pete. Don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed with the Tank overall, it's head and shoulders above my RX13'ed PZ III. But there again there's always room for improvement.

fv432 11-02-2008 03:17 PM

nick pete try here under electronik zubehor http://www.tank-modellbau.de/

gigantohawk 11-02-2008 03:49 PM

Hi Rob, just been on the website. My grasp of the German language is only marginally better than my grasp of "Martian". Is it the Arm-01 that I would need and is it compatible with the RX 18 board ?.

Thanks.

Nick.

xtradry 11-02-2008 03:50 PM

or you can try it with a 6V 2xUM Relais connected to the drive motors and disconnect power when shooting.
But handicap then: no driving when shooting.
The relais should be released the by recoil motor.

gigantohawk 11-02-2008 04:01 PM

Wow, xtradry that sounds like an inspired solution. Thanks for the reply.
Pete are you reading this ?. I think you need to source us a couple of 6v relays.

Nick.

xtradry 11-02-2008 04:24 PM

hrm, it is the common way in "my" german forum to stop the jumps [8D]
but usually with the old rx13-/14 boards and shooting.

may this will help for the "old" solution:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...-Schaltung.jpg

btw I do a lot transfer of knowledge between this board and my german counterparts :eek: i.e. Pete's fine work to correct the wrong StuG's recoil unit....

xtradry/Dieter

ps: not really this subject but I read a comment/got a pm how to make the new HL battle unit compatible to Tamiya and EGS or Elmod BU's
and using the HL RX18 board with an additional circuit board. No other changes necessary.

gigantohawk 11-03-2008 04:39 PM

Thanks for the wiring diagram xtradry. I can see how this would work.
Regarding the battle system. Could you let me know how to make it Tamiya compatible

Many thanks,

Nick.

gigantohawk 11-04-2008 02:27 PM

xtradry I've got your pm, again, many thanks.

Nick.

xtradry 11-04-2008 02:51 PM

no problem mate, I also benefit from this forum ;)

Maybe a short result of the loooong phonecall I've had today regarding the circuit board to make the HL BU interoperable to tamiyacompatible BU's:

As I wrote in pm all functions with original HL electronic ( StuG and all other models sold with new RX18 + HL BU, i.e. Jagdpanther and maybe all other
HL tanks...which should be ordered not only as metal or airbrushed version but also as softair or BU).
You have to cut 4 wires only and connect them with a insulating screw joint.
You will have the same reactions when receiving a hit as known: hull recoil, last hit will make your tank "dance" around ( be careful when hit on a bridge ^^).
Your "advantage": your tank is a killer tank because you don't have a reload delay like Elmod or Tamiya :-), so fairplay at first!
Price I think is 28 euros + pp.
I can give you a contact email then to sort out the modalities of subcription if you need. This module is called "Interoperator" or sthg. like that...