Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Break-in RC8T RTR??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Yamaha911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Break-in RC8T RTR??

I just bought a brand new Team Associated RC8T RTR. I went through all of the books but there is no break-in instructions in the books. Or maybe I just can't read. But anyway I was wondering what you guys recommend on how to break this truggy in? Thank you.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:16 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Break-in RC8T RTR??

take it easy on it for 5 or 6 tanks .. after the first few tanks let the engine cool totally down, make sure the piston is at BDC as that is the loosest part of the sleeve. your engine will last a good bit longer if you always place it a BDC after each run as soon as the engine is shut off. when it comes to engine break in there are a ton of break in techniques so i am sure you're going to hear about plenty. be careful on the final tune of the engine because the biggest mistake most make is to tune it lean on top and fat on the bottom, what that does is create a four stroke idle and the motor goes lean on top after the fuel build up is burnt out of the crankcase.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Yamaha911

Default RE: Break-in RC8T RTR??

So breaking it in is pretty much up to the owners descretion I take it? Thank you for the info on the final tune. I can actually see a lot of people doing that with these as I see it all of the time with 2-stroke dirtbikes.