Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

New rims for Grinder and Rambo Tyres.

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New rims for Grinder and Rambo Tyres.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:46 AM
teambowen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New rims for Grinder and Rambo Tyres.

I have been developing a new rim to fit the XTM Grinder and rambotruggy tyre's.
The rims are made from Nylon 66 and are very strong but also flexible enough not to crack under the most severve of racing condition's.
In the uk Grinders are used on 1/8th scale truggies and are raced on all forms of tracks from astro turf, dirt, clay and grass.
All the relevant testing and historical feedback can be seen on the link below.
I have started selling them to be racers in the uk, they have been selling well with not one bad feedback.
If anyone is interested in more information regarding the rims please e-mail me on
[email protected]and i will do my best to answer your question's.

Below is some historical information if you are intrested.
http://www.wmrxc.co.uk/grinder%20rim...eve%20info.htm

Photos of rims and tyres

Tell me what you think of the idea.
I hope to here from you.

Jamie

Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 AM
teambowen

Default RE: New rims for Grinder and Rambo Tyres.

Hi Guy's.
I thought i'd post a comment i found on a forum on here.

have sent an email and am waiting to sort my crappy E-Cheque paypal so i can just sent the bloody money
Ive seen the results of these wheels and tyres last race day as a wet (astro) lap time was 33seconds and the lap record is only 31sec in the dry !!!!!
I NEED THESE as im getting board of running 3rd!!!!
quote is from below.

southcoastrc.co.uk/forum Truggy section.

Thought you might be interested.

Jamie
Old 11-22-2010, 05:36 AM
teambowen

Here's a quote form a driver competing in the CML winter series at Frankley on the 21st of November 2010.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the PM about Frankley - got my first win !

Had a rubbish qualifying - broke a Savox (18 months old though!), and chased a setup that coped with the greasy conditions - ended up a rubbish 11th on the grid.

Final was a different story, we had a small shower before the start - took the rear roll bar off and went for max droop and I seemed to have more grip than anyone else!! Was 5th by end of first lap, third after 3 laps then set about chasing Stotty down - I think I was catching him when unfortunately he broke - took the lead at lap 11 and kept it to the end

Pete came through to second - Team Bowen wheels 1,2 !!!

Old 11-23-2010, 06:33 AM
teambowen

Hi guys and gals.
Winter racing is in full swing here in the uk and i am getting info back about how the TB-RV3 rims and tyres are performing.

Below are 2 quote from different race meeting held on the same day (21st of November) regarding the results of 4 drivers running my Teambowen tyres and rims.

1st quote from frankley

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the PM about Frankley - got my first win !

Had a rubbish qualifying - broke a Savox (18 months old though!), and chased a setup that coped with the greasy conditions - ended up a rubbish 11th on the grid.

Final was a different story, we had a small shower before the start - took the rear roll bar off and went for max droop and I seemed to have more grip than anyone else!! Was 5th by end of first lap, third after 3 laps then set about chasing Stotty down - I think I was catching him when unfortunately he broke - took the lead at lap 11 and kept it to the end

Pete came through to second - Team Bowen wheels 1,2 !!!

Cheers

Neil
================================================== ========

2nd quote from the south Coast rc club forum

oh yes race day happened and the conditions were damp astro all day perfect for the grinders,
first qualifing was a good start with not much in it and a close battle with a little bit more grip than i expected into the first corner,
hit the rope on the inside and flipped it but once back on all 4 Bowens the chase was on, blinding grip and a bit of luck and kamakazi cornering speed and i came second behind Ian Ruby,

second round and our resedent Mr Block just did one off the line and left me and ian chasing second, ending up with 3rd,

then the final

made a bit of a false start from pole a bit over eager focussed and sure i heard a GO (backed it up) lost the drive and everyone went past
fortunatly for me they tangled in the second corner, i drove over the wreckage and snuck the lead then just a steady paced race, some close fighting for second untill a power switch came loose for Mini Block and the race was done
i rolled home for the win with ian ruby second for a Bowen 1-2

the pink perril is back in the game and gunning for some points

Things are looking good for the perfomance of the rims also for the future.

Jamie
Old 12-02-2010, 03:26 AM
teambowen

This weekend again was a good results for teambowen rims again with the top 3 driver qualifying on TB-V3 rims.

Here is a photo of the A final Start.

And the photos of the top three drivers at the end of the race.

All the photos taken are on the link below.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k518/teambowen2/

Enjoy.

Jamie.