Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

8ight t 2.0 brushless gearing

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

8ight t 2.0 brushless gearing

Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 PM
pubmaster861

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8ight t 2.0 brushless gearing

sorry for the repost but im not getting answers, just trying to understand the gearing situation that comes with the conversion kit from losi, i have a neu 1717 motor(castle obviously) and the monster esc, so far i have the plastic spur on, which should come off soon. all my diffs are stock, fluid aswell. ill be running a 4s 5000 mah 40c lipo, wondering what everyone is using for the gear setups.
Seems to me like all i can fit for a spur is the 45 without some mod, which i dont really want to do. as well could you include the run times you get out of your setups,
Old 11-12-2010, 08:42 PM
K_B

Default RE: 8ight t 2.0 brushless gearing

Don't gotta re-post; especially when your original post is about 2 posts down. This forum is sloooow. It takes awhile to get answers. As I'm typing this, there is a whopping four people browsing this forum.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:56 PM
pubmaster861

do gotta repost, didnt know i was the only guy on this site to convert a 8ight t 2.0 to brushless.........[:-]
Old 12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Nick Anderson
My Feedback: (13)

Not tryin to be a stick in the muddy buddy but shhhhhhh !! 1717 1580kv should really be a drag in the T . i also sat the 1717 on a truggy just to see it on anything it looked friggin sweet ! but you would need to gear up a bunch to get it up to speed and not eat batteries.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
pubmaster861

ummm first off i wont shhhh!!!! buddy.....so forget that, and if i have a 45 spur maximum what do i do for more top speed? i can mill the chassis a bit to except a bigger spur i think but i dont want to go all the way through it either.....