Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Hobao Hyper ST Pro RTR ... issues >

Hobao Hyper ST Pro RTR ... issues

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hobao Hyper ST Pro RTR ... issues

Old 11-26-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobao Hyper ST Pro RTR ... issues

hi guys im new to RC and i just picked up a hobao hyper st pro RTR and im havin a few little issues i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice with these issues

i found that the suspension is way soft landing perfect on jumps and i still bottom out quite easy even a very experienced driver at my track said it was way to soft but he wasnt sure what weight oil they have in there stock RTR versions even with two of my largest shock spacers in it was to responsive and i lost a lot of suspension play because two spacers just about made my sprigs compressed even when not moving.

i also picked out that the carbon fiber radio tray if very flexable when the serveos are trying to do there thing even the stock ones in there now are making the tray sway to a side when engaging the brakes witch is proberly why im finding that my brakes are very tempermental one corner thy work fine and the next its like they dont engage well enough and i will over shot the corner, since i have my breaks set up to break with out losing traction ( no big skids). i just that god it hasn't happened on the main straight. ... yet

last little nagging problem ive been having is the carby not fully closing back to idle when i relese the accelerator i have to hit the breaks, i usually fix it somehow on the day but its getting incredibly annoying playing with something small like that every time i take my car out. even when i took it to my local hobby shop they said they had fixed it but next day i still had to play with it which is a little annoying.. i was thinkiing it is just because of the stock weak servos or because of the flexing carbon fiber radio plate

if anyone has any kind of solution to my little issues it would be a great help

also anyone know a better fluid diff setups on a technical track with lots of loose dirt over clay and 2-3 meter jumps with not alot of run up space .. at the moment im thinking about putting in

Front 7,000wt
Center 10,000wt
back 5,000wt

i was told it came stock with 5,000 front 8,000 center and 3,000 rear
Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobao Hyper ST Pro RTR ... issues

put a good return spring on the carb