Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HotBodies D8T

Old 12-31-2010, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HotBodies D8T

I have been looking at purchasing a Hotbodies D8T roller from a local member over on another forum.

Does anyone have any experience with this truggy and what are your thoughts on it?

I will be using it to bash and race. I'd like to start racing and I thought this might be a good truggy to start with. I will be converting the truggy over to brushless with a RC-Monster chassis and conversion kit.

Thank you for any and all help.

Nick
Old 12-31-2010, 06:03 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HotBodies D8T

super tough truggy but drives like a brick IMO
Old 12-31-2010, 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing
super tough truggy but drives like a brick IMO
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you mean it handles poorly? Can you elaborate a little bit more.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 12-31-2010, 06:24 AM

yea .. they handle poorly in my opinion, most race worthy truggy's can turn under em no problem .. but they're tough as nails .. i mean ya can grab a a-arm and twist it upside down .. LOL rubber truck!!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:30 AM

Thanks again for the help. I appreciate it.

Nick
Old 12-31-2010, 05:48 PM

yea .. they handle poorly in my opinion, most race worthy truggy's can turn under em no problem .. but they're tough as nails .. i mean ya can grab a a-arm and twist it upside down .. LOL rubber truck!!
thats only if you dont know how to set one up but even then it still will handle pretty good and it will turn just fine.... i ran HB D8T and i could under turn mugens with ease. and the arms not twist or anything, they are flexable on hard hits so they dont break. they are really good truggies and super easy to drive and be consistent with... i learned ALOT running HB... HB is worth the money... they do wear faster than some others but losi wears even faster.... just my opinion... i dont even run HB any more. i like my O'donnells but HB makes a good truggy also.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 AM

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

thats only if you dont know how to set one up but even then it still will handle pretty good and it will turn just fine.... i ran HB D8T and i could under turn mugens with ease. and the arms not twist or anything, they are flexable on hard hits so they dont break. they are really good truggies and super easy to drive and be consistent with... i learned ALOT running HB... HB is worth the money... they do wear faster than some others but losi wears even faster.... just my opinion... i dont even run HB any more. i like my O'donnells but HB makes a good truggy also.
<br type=''_moz'' />
Dude i am not knocking the D8T, and i have yet to find one that could out turn rc8t,8ightT,ST-RR .... and yes you can grab the a-arm and twist it upside down, dont believe me, find one and try it LOL ... they are super durable tho.. my son has a d8t and its a good truggy but as i said before it isn't no AE,LOSI,Kyosho as far as handling goes .. just my .02
Old 01-01-2011, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

<br type="" />
Dude i am not knocking the D8T, and i have yet to find one that could out turn rc8t,8ightT,ST-RR .... and yes you can grab the a-arm and twist it upside down, dont believe me, find one and try it LOL ... they are super durable tho.. my son has a d8t and its a good truggy but as i said before it isn't no AE,LOSI,Kyosho as far as handling goes .. just my .02
i know your not knocking but i was just saying my experience ... i had one and i just didnt have any of those issues, and it would rotate on a dime and give you 8 cents change LOL i know i went threw my far share of servo savers, it would stop turning so tight when it was going bad. also arms needs to replaced about every 5 gallons. now with AE, ive never seen one or driven one that handled any good, they didnt turn at all but that might be setup.... but i never had problems with my D8T and nothing would twist, i tried it. but i know once they get over 5 gallons they start to get that way... i switched because i got to a point where i just couldnt get any faster with it so i moved on but they are a great truggy to start with IMO. others are DEF better but HB win alot around here and everywhere else.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 01-01-2011, 04:41 PM

I own (3) d8t truggys.

If you wanna know what so good about it. go over to "rctech.net" and go into the "d8 truggy" or d8t forum and get a bit more insight as to weather its worth buying. its the best "bang for your buck" competition grade truggy on the market, if it has the latest improvements that all the top manufacturers are emplimenting in their competition grade truggys (and it does) how could it possibly "drive like a brick", but the others dont???
Old 01-20-2011, 12:59 PM

I agree with guntek all the way, The D8T is just as competitive as all the others truggys. Ty tessmen, Jesses Roberts, other hotbodies drivers have no trouble with it under any-circumstances. It all balls down to knowning what you want to do, Whether its involving rc flying or rc surface racing. Atsushi hara races the buggy and to be honest, atsushi hara car is the lowes buget car out of the whole bunch, Yet still manages to win races under his belt at the roar, ifmar world championship and give all the other know racers a run for there money. If that dosn't tell anybody who has dout about this truggy then I don't know what dose. This is coming from a RC8T CE, Mugen M spec and D8T owner. I am not here to talk bad about the other truggys but for me and this is not my opinion, but a fact of life the D8T has done more then it share to prove itself worthy on any race track it encounter. The D8T gets my vote and two thums up.