Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Is the JP-4 worth the $$$?

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Is the JP-4 worth the $$$?

Old 01-02-2011, 05:18 PM
osceolaflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the JP-4 worth the $$$?

Seeing that the price of the Jammin JP-4 is 3 times the cost of the Ofna Mutilator exhaust, can someone explain to me just what does the JP-4 do that the Mutilator pipe won't? Is it worth the money. or should I just stick with the stock Nitrage pipe or change to the Mutilator?
Old 01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
chaserogesr14

Default RE: Is the JP-4 worth the $$$?

id suggest the jp-3 you can find one on ebay, the mutilator pipe is just an rtr ipe not worth it and more then likely not an upgrade
Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

the jp4 makes better smoother power than the jp3 and gives better fuel mileage too ... IMO yes its worth the xtra cash
Old 01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
jmaxey51

it all depends on the engine... JP4 is usually decent pipe but so is the JP1, 2, and 3 .... all can get good run time and better power, its all depends on what engine.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 PM
HerrSavage

I recently got a JP-4 to go with my engines: LRP/Losi 454, Jammin JPX 21, Go GXR 5-port, Mach 427, Dynamite Big Red, etc.. Haven't had a chance to test yet though..

What are some engines the JP-4 is known to go well with?

I want power more than anything else. If it's just a pipe for "smoother power" and "better runtime" then I don't need it..
Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 AM
MCSRacing

if ya race the jp4 is worth it .. if ur a basher go for what ya know cause then it really doesn't matter. we only run 21's around here, i have found no need for a larger motor in a truggy.

er run RBi, OS, Reedy among others ... the jp4 gives up a lil better run time on all of them i have had any time with.
he asked and IMO yes its worth the xtra cash
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
guntek18

Weather its used or new,

a pipe thats not badly dented will perform the same, do not pay "full price" for something that is over priced to begin with, i own a jp-4 and only payed about 30 bucks for it cause it was used but in great condition. it is a good pipe. my understanding is that it was designed around meeting new sound requirements , ie, not too loud.Its not worth say, 60,70,80 bucks that the reatailers are charging. The 2013 is a hot pipe,a must to have in your arsenal, but i sure ashell aint gonna pay 100 bucks for it. keep your eyes open , youll find a good used one for sale on this forum or rctech. remember, no more than $35.00 is reasonable. Even if the seller payed full price, why should you be punished for it?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 AM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

I recently got a JP-4 to go with my engines: LRP/Losi 454, Jammin JPX 21, Go GXR 5-port, Mach 427, Dynamite Big Red, etc.. Haven't had a chance to test yet though..

What are some engines the JP-4 is known to go well with?

I want power more than anything else. If it's just a pipe for "smoother power" and "better runtime" then I don't need it..
the JP-4 may be good for the GO but i now the JP3 makes the JPX 21 an animal, it was to much for racing... JP-4 does make Novas a good bit faster but from my experience JP3 makes almost every engine alot faster, ever engine ive put it on its made the engine a lot faster .... i put it on an old OS RG (old version of the VG) that someone gave me and it was keeping up with the big name engines with ease once i put the JP3 on it....

Old 01-03-2011, 09:37 AM
HerrSavage

Well I have a 2063 which RRRIIIPPPPPSSSSS just like I like it for the Picco 21 P7-based engines(Nosram 21RR and Jammin JPX 21's for ex..), and got the JP-4 cuz everybody seemed to be running them.. I'm not really racing though, and will be using the JP-4 mostly in a DM-1 onroader - with Losi 454 most likely.. Ain't buying any more new pipes.. If anything, need to sell some...

Have a hard ano 053 for the Go - which I really liked on my Caster Grenade, but right now I have the 2063 on the Go and really like how it runs and tunes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjNOlz-3Kek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hINnJIx53w

The JP-4 looks good here though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6OW...507F1B&index=4

With the Losi 454 it'll be the same set-up...
Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
osceolaflyer

Thanks for the info. I just picked up a slightly used JP-3 for $35 including shipping on ebay. Zoom-Zoom-Zoom