Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

F8T 1.5 RTR

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Valdeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F8T 1.5 RTR

Hi guys,

its been a while since I have been on this site and I am glad to be back. I am getting back into RC after a long break and some serious frustration with nitro but that will be fixed soon enough once I change a few things up. Anyway I am looking into getting the Caster Racing F8T 1.5 RTR electric as I have not done any electric work at all really and do not have the parts or cash built up to go kit. Does anyone have any opinion on this truggy? or anything they think is equal or better? though I am mostly looking for info on the above truck.

http://www.casterracing.com/car/main...p?cid=4&iid=10
Old 01-05-2011, 05:02 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: F8T 1.5 RTR

fragile and hard to get parts for! .. we have a few team drivers in my area and they are always having problems with front a-arms and drive cups breaking ...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM
hakmazter

Hey MCS,

Just wondering if you would like me to post our email conversations as to your sponsorship inquiry from Caster Racing USA?
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 AM
MCSRacing

truth hurt?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 PM
hakmazter

Not at all. You are talking about one person. Front arms on the truggy have never been an issue. Buggy lowers seemed sort of brittle and we made the optional ones like RPM to fix that.

Not sure why he would be having drive cup issues unless he is using big power, but we have pro version stuff available if what you say is true. He hasn't mentioned anything in our forums.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:33 AM
MCSRacing

most likely Chase's hammered driving style is the root of the cause.... i wasn't knocking the castor stuff, just passing on what i have seen .. the 8th stuff handles great and the 10th 4wd buggy and SC truck are some seriously sweet stuff tho!!

i really couldn't switch from my current gear because i have 2 of each vehicle i race + parts to build 2 of each the only part i have broke in 2 season's has been 1 rear carrier, and i took a flying side hit in the wagon wheel from Chase LOL was no hope for survival! so i am sure you can see why i won't buy all new gear to change brands.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Valdeck

Hey guys,

I do appologize if I broached a sore subject between the two of you but if you can try to keep the more personal commnets at bay I would apprechiate it.

I am not to worried about one incident or one driver, I have had trucks that were mail order parts only and it is some times agrivating but but a deal breaker for me. It sounds like you approve of the gear though MS and from what I have seen the one I am looking for is a 1/8th so that should be good.

Anyway anyone else wanting to offer some advice? I think it would be a solid but considering I have no real electric gear (I have run all gas till now) but still on the fence.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
MCSRacing

sorry i was not trying to jack your thread, the castor handles exeptionally well with the saddle pack configuration. Hak said they have addressed the arm and cup issue, that says they are on top of emerging problems and that's a good thing .. honestly if ya like the truggy then give it a try, the biggest part of a truggy is getting your set up correct, they are all competitive if driven clean
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Valdeck

No problem MCS thank you for your ideas though I am pretty excited about picking one up but wanted to get some feedback as well as research
Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 PM
MCSRacing

ur gonna have to bring it down to springfield and race the offroad at deweys r/c track is technical and huge .. alot of great guys race there ..
Old 01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Valdeck

I could for sure along with my Z Car truggy, I love that thing. Springfield is a bit of a haul though
Old 01-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Valdeck

Just another question for you guys . I am also considering the MBX-6Te as a possible RTR or kit... any ideas on which might be the better choice considering my lack of existing electric gear such as motors, batteries, and servos? I do not mind spending the money to do it right they both seem to be regarded pretty well in their own rights so I am a bit torn.