Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Need help!! Truggy problems >

Need help!! Truggy problems

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Need help!! Truggy problems

Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!! Truggy problems

I just picked up a used Hpi hellfire ss. It seemed to be in good running shape! come to find out alot wrong with the truck :/. One thing has me stuck and i cant figure it out! I ran the truck and it wouldnt move! Soirebuilt thecenter diff and put15000 weight oil in it. Started and ran it after rebuildand it was only front wheel drive! Stopped it tightened the rear drive shaft screwwhere the cup meets the reardiff input. I then had 4 wheel drive as it should be. After about 2 min of driving it and things going well the truck randomly stopped movin!!! Engine running, clutch bell spinning, and center diff spinning but truck not moving! Any clue why this could be??? Any help would be great! Thanks!</p>
Old 03-13-2011, 05:16 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: Need help!! Truggy problems

check all the grub screws on the drive shafts, there is like 8 of them, anyone of them could be loose
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM

Be sure to use Locktite on all metal to metal screws. They will tend to loosen quite easily without it.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 PM

lift the truggy off the ground and see if all 4 wheels move with a little throttle and then put back on the ground and try again , if it doesnt move , check your clutch shoes they light be low and now biteing ,
</p>
Old 05-05-2011, 03:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

chris, he stated in the OP that the clutchbell and center diff are spinning, so it's unlikely to be a clutch issue.

To the op...Strip the drivetrain and rebuild it using BLUE threadlock on all metal into metal screws. Test the diffs while you have thm out as well, make sure they behave normally.