Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Help me please for a Losi Ten-T issue! >

Help me please for a Losi Ten-T issue!

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Help me please for a Losi Ten-T issue!

Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please for a Losi Ten-T issue!

Hi, Evenryone!

I just have finished the breaking-in process of my Losi Ten-T truggy. It runs very well, but when jumping, it badly nose-dives.

I used to have the same Ten-T truggy last year, and then got rid of it last year in 6 months, becuase I felt 1/10 scale too small for off-road running.
But that Ten-T jumped and landed very well anyway.

This year, I got a Losi Ten-T truggy again (because I wanted to have a small 1/10 scale small truck to play around my house), and this Tne-T looks exactly same as the previous one and this is the completely stock set-up like the previous one. But with some reason, it does not jump well and very badly nose-dives.

Trying to controll its landing with the throttle and break does not work at all either. It rather causes tumbling on the nose.

I really don't know what causes this stupid issue. With the factory set-up without anything removed or added, my Ten-T seems to be really nose-heavy or somethins causes nose-diving. So anyway, I added some lead weight in the back, but still the symptom is same. And I don't want to put any more weight, since I don't want to affect its top speed.

I am very frustrated now.

Can anyone help me, please to solve this issue[&o]? Thank you!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Help me please for a Losi Ten-T issue!

Could be a tune issue sounds like you dont have enough  low end snap to lift the front
Old 04-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Hi, Thank you for your response!

Last year, for my previous Ten-T, I used Traxxas Fuel.

But this year, for my present Ten-T, I am using Trinity 20% fuel. And I think the needles are in the fine tune now. If I lean it out a little more, it becomes overheated. So the high speed needle is close to the boundary to the maximum performence. And I think the low needles is ok, since with pinching the fuel line, it dies in several seconds with sligh increasement of rpm.

Also the fuel is fresh one. I don't want Traxxas fuel for my Ten-T, because last year, I experienced that the Traxxas fuel that has more oil in it than the other fuels caused really bad slipping of the one-way bearing, and I coudn't fire it up. But Trinity fuel does not cause that slipping.

Any ideas for the nose-dive solution? Thank you!
Old 04-27-2011, 02:42 PM
My Feedback: (2)

same jump as last truggy?
Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM

yeah if the jump is a certain shape it can cause it to nosedive no matter how hard you rev it...<div>try it on different ramps and if it still happens then you might have a small bit of brake on idle... </div>
Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 PM

With the radio on, make sure there is no brake drag. Then check the complete driveline for excessive drag. Is your gear mesh too tight? Are the diffs smooth? Are the wheel bearings smooth and free? Is your clutch dragging at idle?Etc., etc.