Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Need Help on 1st truggy

Old 05-07-2011, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help on 1st truggy

Looking at getting a truggy. I have a few problems tho one im hard on cars when it comes to jumps and all id like to have the a-arms like my Hotbodies d8 buggy that i race but looking into a truggy since there more my style. Should I go with the d8t or no. Alot of people have quit running it at my track but that was due to a fall out with sponsorship tho.. so any suggestions?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:40 PM

Default RE: Need Help on 1st truggy

ORIGINAL: StormGald

Looking at getting a truggy. I have a few problems tho one im hard on cars when it comes to jumps and all id like to have the a-arms like my Hotbodies d8 buggy that i race but looking into a truggy since there more my style. Should I go with the d8t or no. Alot of people have quit running it at my track but that was due to a fall out with sponsorship tho.. so any suggestions?
the D8T is easy to drive, similar to the D8 driving, just more stable. i would get the D8T sense you have the D8, all but maybe 20 parts are the same..... Mugen makes one awesome truggy also.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-08-2011, 02:11 PM

Thanks for the help man thats my main problem is with my buggy its to unstable when its sometimes in the air and going around tight curves. So this might help me a good bit as well seeing how im new to racing rc cars as well lol
Old 05-08-2011, 02:47 PM

Thanks for the help man thats my main problem is with my buggy its to unstable when its sometimes in the air and going around tight curves. So this might help me a good bit as well seeing how im new to racing rc cars as well lol
a buggy will teach you how to drive and will make you faster. i ran buggy starting out and then started running both and made me alot faster, now im just running buggy for a little while.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-08-2011, 09:46 PM

so really just stay buggy? idk but i just dont like the buggy stance it seems is all >_<
Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 PM

so really just stay buggy? idk but i just dont like the buggy stance it seems is all &gt;_&lt;
if i had to pick between the two i would run buggy. i love truggy and drive one far better and just like everything about truggy but with truggy, its hard to get faster, running both classes is the best if you can do that. truggy will teach you to push and buggy will teach you to be smooth and not crash so running both helps the most.
<br type="_moz" />
Old 05-09-2011, 12:47 PM
K_B

Run whatever you want. Everyone at the the track told me to get a truggy for my first nitro. So I did. Didn't like it. Got a buggy and loved it. Now I run both and enjoy both. If you like truggies, get a truggy. Alot has to do with the track too. Our track is super rough and rutted and buggies do not work well no matter what the setup. Don't worry about what "makes you faster". Do what you enjoy; not necessarily what people tell you to do.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 AM
My Feedback: (1)

for what it's worth, my 1st toy was the 1/16 Summit XVL but,<div>NOW I'm getting a 1/12 scale Truggy (Ofna/Jammin CRT.5)</div><div>I've been learning how (or TRYING) to keep the mini Summer on it's wheels. (great for backflips though!)</div><div>
</div><div>...at the track, I Love watching the Buggies go like hell but feel more drawn to the Truggy's myself.</div><div>Remember to have FUN &amp; a lot of times it's not how FAST you can get around the track but</div><div>staying ON the track!</div><div>I've seen a whole lot of LAZY TURN MARSHALLS out there so I'd rather have a Truggy that</div><div>is less likely to land on it's lid.</div><div>...just my 2cents &amp; humble opinion.</div><div>\m/</div>
Old 05-13-2011, 09:52 PM

so whats your guys ideas on a ofna jammin x2?
Old 05-15-2011, 05:20 AM

I really like mine.

I have the X1X pro team kit 1:8 buggy that I upgraded beyond X2 specs. Then I got the bite for a truggy and went with the X2. It was a coin toss really between the Mugen and the Jammin. What swayed me was that 1) I have the buggy, 2) a number of other guys at our track have them (good for sharing spares) and 3) the shocks are bigger and I'm not the biggest fan of pillow ball suspension. No regrets. Just upgraded the tray stays and wing stays to aluminium and the rear chasis brace to CNC.

Also going to install the longer front drive shafts.

Stuck an OS .28 with a 2060 pipe in it. It really rips and handles the track and jumps something sweet .

Good luck.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a pile of truggies.... Jammin X1 CRT, CEN Matrix TR, Hyper ST, Mugen 5T, Jammin X2 CRT, Mugen 6T...worked closely with both D8T and the Losi 1.0 and 2.0.............

Now our latest machine is the Serpent 811 Cobra truggy

this is not my truggy, mine is still being built

And here is the donk that will be going into it !!!! IMO this is the ultimate Truggy engine... Smokes both 28's and .21's alike...gets 10 minutes runtimes and almost tunes itself

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6nRmKEOEkY&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 05-15-2011, 10:13 AM

^^^^^He knows what he talks about^^^^^

I also looked at the Serpent. The only thing that stopped me was the fact there isn't local parts support and no one else in our 'group' has one.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:59 PM

thanks guys tho next topic.... got a d8t from a friend thats got a new truggy and well this d8t was cheap and almost a steal but.. what motor should i run and pipe cheap is good if its got power or price might be good as well if its got power and can take alot of abuse lol im new to the whole tuning and crap lol
Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 PM

What's your budget StormGald?

Send supertib a PM with your specs....I'm sure he can sort you out with a sweet mill....[&:]
Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 PM

started this id like to stick to motors i know lol

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10524666