Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger ST-1 and Mugen MBX5T?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder Tiger ST-1 and Mugen MBX5T?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:53 PM
IROC-AR15
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger ST-1 and Mugen MBX5T?

Are these both very similar? I am about to trade my ST-1 for a Jato 3.3 and then sell either the Jato or my Raze ST to fund my next project!
I really don't wanna get rid of the ST1 but I made a deal and gotta stick by it but I know that the MBX5T bodies fit the ST1 perfectly and from looking at pictures of the 5T, they both seem very similar in design and build!
What are you thoughts?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger ST-1 and Mugen MBX5T?

Firstly, its important to understand, there is literally no comparison between the TT and the Mugen. Sure, they are 'similar' in design, as are all the truggies, but that's where it ends. In the mugen you will find better quality alloys, better quality plastics, better design, better fit and finish, and of course to match all that, much higher cost.

Mugen and Xray are basically, the 'exotics' of RC. There are many truggies and buggies that can perform as well, but precious few with the design, material and build quality of these 2 brands.

Don't get me wrong though, when amain had the TT for $400 I was telling everyone to get them, they are great cars, no doubt, but no, they don't hold a candle to my Mugen.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:16 AM
IROC-AR15
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger ST-1 and Mugen MBX5T?

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Firstly, its important to understand, there is literally no comparison between the TT and the Mugen. Sure, they are 'similar' in design, as are all the truggies, but that's where it ends. In the mugen you will find better quality alloys, better quality plastics, better design, better fit and finish, and of course to match all that, much higher cost.

Mugen and Xray are basically, the 'exotics' of RC. There are many truggies and buggies that can perform as well, but precious few with the design, material and build quality of these 2 brands.

Don't get me wrong though, when amain had the TT for $400 I was telling everyone to get them, they are great cars, no doubt, but no, they don't hold a candle to my Mugen.

That's Cool, I currently have an ST1 and from the looks of it they look like exact copies...I am getting a MBX5T and even the front chassis cross member has the same bolts...I don't any other two truggies built as close to each other as these two and I hear the same about both in terms of performance and durability... I mean it seems like they were built with the same blueprint, mold whatever just different badging! Either way though looks like I'm going to enjoy my Mugen MBX5T Prospec