Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Which truggy is a keeper? (RC8T or XT8) >

Which truggy is a keeper? (RC8T or XT8)

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Which truggy is a keeper? (RC8T or XT8)

Old 05-27-2011, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which truggy is a keeper? (RC8T or XT8)

Hi, I have a little dilemma on my hands and I am not sure what to do. I have decided I want to start racing but I have 2 truggy's to choose from. I own an RC8T championship edition and an original XT8 with quite a few upgraded parts. I will be powering which ever one I decide to keep with an OS VZ-b .21 and fitting Ace rc ds1015 servo's.

I am having a hard time deciding which truggy will be best for racing. I can't get parts for either locally so that makes no difference as everything will have to be ordered online. One plus point for the RC8T is that my brother who will race with me sometimes also owns an RC8T, so sharing parts with him is a possibility. I have bashed with the Xray quite a bit and it seems to be indestructible [8D]. Which one would you choose and why?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Which truggy is a keeper? (RC8T or XT8)

Well don't all reply at once

Here is a pic of my RC8T which is currently fitted with my mach .26 while I wait for my new rod to arrive for my OS.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:02 AM
My Feedback: (4)

well consider my vote for the rc8tCE because I'm an AE junkie but the fact your bro has one and its also a great sturdy design I would suggest the AE also Associated is a larger company and with that you get more setup sheets and more people running it which makes it a little easier to get dialed in to your track and AE parts are cheaper then Xray not saying xray is garbage but in the scheme of things AE still has parts for the rc10 gold tub available where as xray likes to revamp every year or so...
Old 06-05-2011, 02:38 AM

Thanks for the advice. I decided to stick with my rc8t and sold the xray to a good friend of mine. I think both truggy's are excellent but the associated just nosed it for me as its a little newer and lighter. I have re fitted my v spec into it now and it absolutely fly's. do you have any setup tip or secrets you want to give away?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:21 PM
My Feedback: (4)

I use a little different then everyone else

45 wt shock oil, 7k 50k 50k diff fluid, full droop, rearward hub carriers, stock springs and axial .28

new body for the new season