Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

8T tear down!

Old 07-12-2011, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8T tear down!

Well, After seeing Mikes tear down Time lapse, I figured i should tear down my 8T as well. It'll be the first that i would be taking apart the whole vehile and so i documented it. This is 80% complete, the rest will be finished over the next few days.

I started with the electronics, Unscrewing the mounting points for the servo and receiver tray motor mount and battery and esc tray.Gave those a quick wipe, and off to the side they went.

Next up, was to take care of the chassis, after running 35w shock oil (i know) in the center diff, it leaked and spewed oil everywhere! The center diff is waiting on 10k oil.

In order to get the chassis all by itself I had to take both diff off, front and rear respectively.

The front...

And now the rear

With the rear diff off, the chassis was now isolated, and the cleaning could begin. And dirty it was.

Good ol' windex, wd40 and elboe grease!

Sweaky clean! Waiting patiently for its next bash session, featuring 5s!

With the Main chassis and electronics done, it was time to tear down the front and rear ends, to inspect for damage. First was the bumper, which, clearly did what it twas' intended for.

Ouch..
Removal and cleaning of all the pins...

Trying to get to the diff..

There it is!

Internal inspection time!

I think thats a pass? and know the pinion

Also looking good!, With the diff in good shape, time to screw er all back together and remount!

Getting the front end all cleaned up and ready to assemble

Assebly complete, Diff good, shocks good, broken hinge brace replaced, good!

Moving on, to the rear wing, get it all wiped down, de-stickered and cleaned.

Rear end time!

a before shot, to see how nice and dirty she is!

Much like the front end, tear down to isolate diff, replace as we go along..

The arms and such..

And the diff, pinion and ring gear..

Internals look ok! Still plenty of oil.

It got too late yesterday, so i will continue with it today.. More pics will come.