Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

thunder tiger st1 lrp z28 HELP!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

thunder tiger st1 lrp z28 HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 05:19 PM
kawpow321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder tiger st1 lrp z28 HELP!!!

i just recently purchased a LRP z 28 spec 3 for my thunder tiger ST1 and seen that with the stock motor mount the LRP wont fit its bottoming out on the chassis befor it hits the engine mount i seen that alot of pepole on here have the LRP on there ST1 any help would be gratefull i probably could figure it out would just like to have some recomendations thanks
Old 11-24-2011, 08:56 PM
stussman

Default RE: thunder tiger st1 lrp z28 HELP!!!

I used a couple of washers to lift the back plate up slightly so it didnt hit the chasis. Was on my old hellfire with a lrp28. Snug it down and was all good.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can fabricate some spacers to raise the engine just enough so it clears the mounts. I have dione this and it workd fine. but in the eend I just removed the pull start and shaved the plastic back plate with me dremmel and filled in the hole inthe back plate with rtv sealant. Now I just use it as a bump start engine which I like better anywayand I don't have anymore ounting issues no matter what car/truck I put it in. there is also a bump start back plate available that you can buy that will do the same job.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:54 PM
kawpow321

got it guys made some spacers out of 3/16 aluminum plate works fine thanks guys