Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
 Explaination of wheel offsets for truggies >

Explaination of wheel offsets for truggies

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Explaination of wheel offsets for truggies

Old 11-24-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Explaination of wheel offsets for truggies

I've been searching these forums for a explaination of wheel offsets for truggies (off road and on road). In off road situations what does a 0 to 2 offset do, and in on road situations what does 0 to 2 offset do (if different from off road)? what are the effectsof offsets on a truggy? Btw, I'm only asking about on road for driving on asphalt, not racing.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Explaination of wheel offsets for truggies

lets ay for instance that the wheels say 1/2 offset that means it is 1/2 inch wider than stock so a half inch per side equals 1 overall gain in width of your vehicles stance and that would be true for either on or offroad
Old 11-25-2011, 04:50 AM

Okay, so a 0 offset would be stock?
Say you have 1/2 offsets on your wheels, and equals to a extra 1in stance to your vehicle. What does that extra 1in do for the truggy on road and off road?</p>
Old 11-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Vehicles are designed with a certain wheel offset, either 0 or 1/2 offset. Going wider than stock willmake the vehicle more stable (less traction rolling), but will hurt turning ability (think dump truck).
Old 11-25-2011, 04:46 PM

exactly so if you buy a truggy like the st1 for instance you would want to add the 1/2 offset wheels cause it is not as wide as some off the other truggys but if you get a losi or team associated you wouldnt have to add the extra width but what me n the other fellow was saying is on or offroad the wider the more stable but a little harder to turn so you have to compare your particular truck to some high end trucks to determine what you should do on 1/8 truggys myour looking for somewere along the lines of about 16" of stance as a good starting point
Old 11-27-2011, 05:14 AM

Thanks guys, I got it now. I'm going to measure my truggy and see what the stance is. I have a mugen mbx 6t. I keep you guys posted.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Kumanu

Thanks guys, I got it now. I'm going to measure my truggy and see what the stance is. I have a mugen mbx 6t. I keep you guys posted.

adding 1"of width would give it more corner stability and traction, but it will have less straight line stability in exchange.... Adding offset can also make the arms more prone to breaking on a crash..... IMO its best to run them at stock width, as they are already quite wide and stable in the corners....