Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Motor for Hot Bodies D8T

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 AM
Extremerc12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor for Hot Bodies D8T

Hello All,

Looking for a new motor for my Hot Bodies D8T. I don't do much racing other than track days, but might be in the future. At the moment, I am not so much concerened with a race engine. Looking to spend a maximum $150 to hold me over for a while. Now I had been looking at the 8ight RTR 454 motor. It can be had for about $130 shipped with the pipe. Was wondering if that would drop into the D8T or not. Are there other motor options that are a good bang for the buck? I am not opposed to dropping to a .21 if a .26-.28 does not drop into the truggy. I am new to the truggy world. I currently have a Xray XB8 with a Losi MAch 427. I am not new to nitro.

Let me know what you think. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

Chris
Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 PM
the nitro way

Default RE: Motor for Hot Bodies D8T

the sh 28 will do you well http://www.terranovahobby.ca/product...&cat=32&page=1
Old 06-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Extremerc12

Thanks for the response. Would that be considered better than the Losi 454? I am not putting that motor on a pedestal by any stretch of the imagination. Just wondering how it compares when considering its price point. I also has my eyes on some Axial .21/.28 and LRP .28's. I have seen several around the 130-150 range.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That SH engine is for all practical purproses identical to the Losi 454. Just like an LRP Spec 3 .28, the old Dynamite Platinum .28, etc.. All (in reality) six-port SH-made engines.

The 454 with pipe is probably the best bet. I assume you mean a complete nitro unit with pipe out of a Losi 8T 2.0 - and in that case the pipe matches well to the engine.

I recommend trying an OS A5 plug with that engine once broken in. Break in with what it comes with, or an OS #8 or Odonnell purple MT plug.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:53 PM
the nitro way

you wont regret those choices selected by herr savage either way the sh is the way to go i love my engine it turns my savage upside down
Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Extremerc12

Herr Savage,

Thanks for responding. As far as your question regarding the 454. It is a 454 and pipe ripped right from an RTR 8ight 2.0 as you suggested. Seemed like a deal to me for the motor and pipe, so I figured I would ask here and see what the feed back was on them. I do like the SH as well. I will take a look around at the SH.

thanks.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Extremerc12

Hey Guys,

So I got the Losi 454 with the pipe for the price stated above. Now I have the D8T all together and the motor in and through tank 1 of break in. The question I have, is what bump box works well with the D8T (Truggy) and an Xray XB8 buggy. I currently have this bump box: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ox-w-12V-Motor

As of right now, I had to take all of the mounts off the bump box in order to allow the wheel to spin the flywheel. I am looking for something to setup both my truggy and buggy and start em without having to fight with it. What are your suggestions? I had been looking at the following boxs:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...al-Starter-Box
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...gy-Starter-Box

Other thoughts?

THanks

Chris
Old 07-09-2012, 12:23 AM
SLAYERDUDE

Get a .21, otherwise you will have to take an extra pitstop during any long mains and you will lose your entire raceday.
These guys are idiots, I run an ERCM modded JL.21 and ERCM pipe now, with 12+ minute runtimes.
For bashing that may be fine, if racing, get a good .21 and nothing else.