Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

What RTR Truggy

Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM
Joe F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What RTR Truggy

I am looking for an RTR Truggy 1/8 and I am in between these two, the LRP S8 and HPI 4.6, any help?

Joe F
Old 01-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What RTR Truggy

The LRP S8 is 10 times better than the HPI trophy. Between those two, it's no contest.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Joe F

Thanks I think that's were I am heading

Joe F
Old 01-31-2013, 04:32 PM
williamjr27

Do you have a link to a lrp distributor for US buyers? I would like to check them out further before getting my Ofna Nexx 8T. I can not find any decent videos or reviews on this new ofna truggy so I wouldnt mind looking at the lrps, they sound like they are built with All quality parts. Thanks
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The LRP is also known as the Z Car in the States I think..

I'd probably get the Ofna though. Better parts support..(in the US.. Some places in Europe it's the opposite..)
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too would choose the OFNA over the LRP for the ssame reason as Herrsavage, its more popular and better supported.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:18 AM
williamjr27

Any suggestions on waterproofing the ofna? I was considering traxxas 2075 servos, the hpi air filter but what to do with the battery box? Liquid tape 'gaskets'?

Blue bird 620mg supposedly has rubber water tight fittings and at 6v is 10.6kg with .13 transit..
Will be buying this new ofna truggy along with the new 1/8th ofna buggy8 in a couple months, ill put some reviews with videos up then since I can't find any lol
Old 02-01-2013, 01:24 PM
williamjr27

One last question on this subject, ill be doing 70% bashing 30% racing, would the ofna still be a better choice then the hpi 4.6 trophy truggy? Fast, waterproof and videos to see it before buying are the center attractions.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
outlawbrett

i love my trophy 4.6  its my go to rig when i go out with my friends to the rock pit. tuff as hell. never had a problem with it. the 4.6 motor is ok to start with. holds a great tune. not a real screamer or powerhouse. i dont know anything about the ofna truggy or lrp one. but whatever u choose, ofna or hpi, i dont think u can go wrong.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:08 PM
williamjr27

Good to know outlaw, the ofna Nexx 8T is new so not much info besides product specs that sound good. Bigger engine then the hpi (force .32 3.6hp) but not waterproof. Do you run the stock servos in the hpi? Honestly I'd buy them both if I could afford it lol
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: williamjr27

Do you have a link to a lrp distributor for US buyers? I would like to check them out further before getting my Ofna Nexx 8T. I can not find any decent videos or reviews on this new ofna truggy so I wouldnt mind looking at the lrps, they sound like they are built with All quality parts. Thanks
I just got an ofna nexx 8t last month and Im happy with it so far, Ive broken the rear wing mount,rear wing and c-hub but every time it was around freezing so the plastic was more brittle than normal but Ive crashed it just as bad or worse when it was warmer and it was fine, I have a little over a gallon threw the engine and it runs great its not that fast but has alot of torque. Overall I would definitely recommend it so far and the only complaint I have is the plastic doesn't seem to like cold weather but most people don't run nitro In 30 degrees anyway lol.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:33 AM
williamjr27

Did you waterproof it so you could run it in the snow? If so, how did you seal the radio/battery box? I have an on road nitro I've been running and ruined both stock servos, throttle servo went at full throttle and was almost a disaster lol
Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 AM
t-max97

No I didn't waterproof it "it rarely snows here" It would be hard to waterproof the box but you can put the receiver in a balloon and you can take the servos apart and dip them in plasti-dip. Here's a video on how to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=792xio8mpZ8
Old 02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
williamjr27

I've seen I few methods including sealing the servos with non conductive oil inside. I was going to replace the stock servos with waterproof metal gear 144 oz .13 blue birds, may use the balloon method for the receiver and battery, thanks.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM
t-max97

If you use balloons you can put some silicone sealant at the end of the balloon along with a zip tie.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 PM
outlawbrett

ORIGINAL: williamjr27

Good to know outlaw, the ofna Nexx 8T is new so not much info besides product specs that sound good. Bigger engine then the hpi (force .32 3.6hp) but not waterproof. Do you run the stock servos in the hpi? Honestly I'd buy them both if I could afford it lol
i ditched the stock servos. they were horrible. i had a couple traxxas 2075 waterproof servos laying around an used those. they work great for bashing. an the reciever box on hpi is already waterproof. i ran mine in the snow a few times this year. no problems. i think ofna makes good product. i have a ofna ultra lx2 that i beat the crap out of an also run at the local track.