Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Help me pick out a truggy please

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Help me pick out a truggy please

Old 05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
sputnikxxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick out a truggy please

Don't worry this isn't going to be one of those threads where I give a generic statement and expect you to know what is going to make me happy I understand all rc's have there problems and that the way someone drives a rc is going to determine how it holds up or doesn't

for the most part I know what I want

looking for 1/8 scale nitro truggy good for bashing rtr that can be upgraded with better parts as I break them or just decide I want to. looking to speed around 400 or more but not much more on the truggy itself. have to have great parts support online in the usa

im somewhat open to even possibly getting a monster truck and converting over to a truggy

Main concerns is fast, durable, quality parts, good upgradability and something that is great for bashing or racing. I was thinking about a monster truck but I just really love the truggys more.

The only drawback is if I do a a new rtr it has to be something that tower hobbies has the easy pay on. Or if I go with a kit it has to be similar spending criteria as the easy pay upside to ready to race is instant gratification where a kit I can select individual components and have nice custom truggy but wont get to bash it until a few months from now.

I was thinking about the hpi truggy but then I saw the countless post about hpi quality going down hill then I saw the ofna nexxxt 8t and really like that one but just can't find much more information on them besides people fussing about them being a rtr replica of the older jammin truggy.

I am at this point leaning towards the ofna because ive had them before and really liked them but since ive been out of the loop I would like to hear what you guys think.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Help me pick out a truggy please

Hot Bodies D8T fits your criteria perfectly, and don't worry, despite being an HPI sister company, they are not afflicted with HPI's issues. Good truggy, good availability. The Nexx 8T is a solid choice too, but I must say I was impressed with the Hot Bodies, its a really pro car for the money.

By the way, both the Jammin truggies were incredibly good, it is in the Nexx's favor that it is based on them.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 AM
sputnikxxx

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Hot Bodies D8T fits your criteria perfectly, and don't worry, despite being an HPI sister company, they are not afflicted with HPI's issues. Good truggy, good availability. The Nexx 8T is a solid choice too, but I must say I was impressed with the Hot Bodies, its a really pro car for the money.

By the way, both the Jammin truggies were incredibly good, it is in the Nexx's favor that it is based on them.
Thanks I will go check it out I'm not opposed to hot bodies honestly I've had a couple of hpi cars in the past and loved them I was shocked to hear of the quality degrading on the new designs which is a shame cause the 4.6 looked cool.

Is the D8t a newer truck out of those 2 how would you rate each in terms of price upgradable parts quality?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:13 PM
hardrock2401

I just got a nexx 8t off of tower hobbies and am more then happy with it, the .32 force it comes with has plenty of power.  The truck is an rtr x2 crt so parts are everywhere. If you have any questions about the truck lmk