Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Looking to get back into the RC game.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Looking to get back into the RC game.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 03:40 PM
ebrouwer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get back into the RC game.

Hi everyone,

I went camping with my family this weekend, and a kid was running a Traxxas Bandit up and down the road. It looked awesome, so I decided to dig out my 12+ year old electric Rustler. I haven't ran this thing in 10+ years, but I think my son and I can have some fun with it!

Any advice for getting in back into shape? I must have blown a tie rod last time. The left front wheel assembly is dismantled, and that part is no where to be found.

Also, any chance my batteries are still good? They say Racers Edge National Champions RE SP1500 on them.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to joining in here.

Eric
Old 05-27-2015, 06:21 AM
Anthoop

I would imagine you can still find parts...or at least find something to fit if it is something simple like a tie rod or joint.

I would also imagine that the battery will be no good now if it has been stored without some charge periodically......however you have nothing to lose by giving it a charge and see....only thing to advise is charge it somewhere sensible....you do not want to catch fire to something or have acid leak on the carpet.

Other than that give it a clean up...check the radio is fully functioning...check everything rotates/turns as it should...bit of lube here and there...check nuts/bolts/screws are tight...and off you go.

Have fun.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:57 AM
ebrouwer

I'm thinking I will try charging the batteries tonight outside. I want to at least see if the motor will turn, and if the transmission is working. If not, I might be better off starting over. We'll see.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:02 AM
John_like

Have a good weekend