Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hurricane XTR questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Xterestrial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurricane XTR questions

Hey guys. I just joined. And am looking to stay. I own a XTR.
It's a .28 3P.
It's all stock right now. What I am needing help with is upgrading. What do I need to buy to make it faster.

I'm interested in making it a two speed.
I've seen they sell a 8 port motor.
I'm still new to the hobby. But I want to make this a monster. I just like RCR.

Feel free to link stuff.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Anthoop

You can alter the gear ratio to make it accelerate faster or increase top speed.

You can increase the nitro content of the fuel...say you are using 20% changing to 30% will give a significant performance increase (be aware you may have to alter the engine to be able to run 30%). Also if you are using a cheap/RTR type fuel that contains a lot of oil then using a better fuel will help.

Tuning the engine properly is often something that new people can struggle with.....a properly tuned engine will out perform an incorrectly tuned one.

Finally changing the engine to one with more performance is obvious....but you could also modify your existing engine in a number of ways....
Old 11-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Xterestrial

Do you know of a two speed kit for the xtr?
also. What gears should I buy for top speed.
And which ones would be good for accelerating.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Anthoop

I do not know of a two speed set for your car.

On the end of the engine there is a gear and that is called the pinion.....and that mates with a gear called the spur....the pinion will be smaller than the spur.

To increase top speed you would make the pinion bigger and/or the spur gear smaller.
To increase acceleration you would make the pinion smaller and/or the spur gear bigger.

Changing the pinion by one tooth for example will have a greater effect than changing the spur by one.....depending on how much adjustment you have will dictate how big or small you can make the pinion because by changing the size of the gear then you will have to alter the position of the engine.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Xterestrial

Thanks for the input. Will definitely use this