Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Need help on the brushless conversion of XTM MMT

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Need help on the brushless conversion of XTM MMT

Old 06-15-2016, 06:06 AM
kenlhmaxx
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on the brushless conversion of XTM MMT

hi guys

Plan to convert my XTM MMT to a brushless powered , just wonder are there any compatible center differential mount and center differential from other brands that i can swap and install into the mmt without modifications ?

please advise

Thanks
Old 06-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are no bolt in brushless motor/center diff mounts for that vehicle and I doubt any other center diff would fit without modifications either. But you do not wa t to swap in a different so enter diff anyway. The spur gears are larger in diameter than most truggies due to the ratio of the front and rear diffs. The front and rear are buggy ratio (3.31:1) and combined with monster truck size tires requires a large spur gear to get the required reduction ratio. That's why truggies use 4.10:1 for their front and rear diffs so they can run a normal size spur gear.

You're best bet is making a motor mount that attaches to the chassis. You could even use the original engine mounting holes in the chassis to bolt it down. Then get a battery try's, mount it, install electronics and let err rip.