Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

HELP! Kyosho ST RR Clutch issues.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

HELP! Kyosho ST RR Clutch issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:18 AM
Xenon Paradox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Kyosho ST RR Clutch issues.

Hello friends, i currently am having an issue with my Kyosho Inferno ST RR's Clutch. at a race last weekend my shoes finally decided they had enough, so i just changed them this morning! as i pulled the old shoes off i noticed the fly wheel nut had backed out abit. so i re- tightened it and installed the new shoes. upon re installing the engine into the car everything seemed okay BUT, when i went to spin my wheels and see if the gearing lined up, i noticed that neither the clutch bell or the drive wheel moved. i proceeded to start the car. and at idle the wheels kept spinning (off the ground) as soon as the wheels hit the ground the engine died... it also dies when i apply the brakes. and when the car is off, it doesnt roll, the wheels stay locked! PLEASE HELP!

thanks!

Dan
Old 07-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Mechanicaloverlord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's easier to see everything when the engine is out so just pull it. Try rotating the clutchbell by hand, can you turn it all separate from the engine? Now have a close look at the clutchbell. Does the clutchbell touch the flywheel? If it does simply adding a couple shims will solve your issue. If not then you'll need to take off the clutchbell and have a look at your shoes as they're likely touching the bell. As to why they are touching the bell could be anything from incorrect installation of the springs, bad springs, oddball shoes that are too large, etc.